SIGNED DT Aaron Curry

BIG ERN

Missed on Goodman as well.

Ok, didn't notice that. That sucks, but still wondering because we are allowed to oversign by 3 right?

Yes but you still can only have 85 going into the fall, so you can over sign by three spots, but those 3 spots have to be vacant by fall to stay at 85. So if your anticipating losing a guy or 2 to transfer or quiting like Ward or Okafur, but not til after the spring semester you can go ahead and sign those spots as if they were already gone. Atleast thats how i understand it. I know you dont get 3 extra schollys, so no matter what you have to be at 85 in the end.

Missed on Goodman as well.

Ok, didn't notice that. That sucks, but still wondering because we are allowed to oversign by 3 right?

Yes but you still can only have 85 going into the fall, so you can over sign by three spots, but those 3 spots have to be vacant by fall to stay at 85. So if your anticipating losing a guy or 2 to transfer or quiting like Ward or Okafur, but not til after the spring semester you can go ahead and sign those spots as if they were already gone. Atleast thats how i understand it. I know you dont get 3 extra schollys, so no matter what you have to be at 85 in the end.

Yeah, what he said.

About 3 weeks ago , when it became fairly apparent that we were losing ground with Fuller, I suggested that we "move on" and got ripped to shreds by guys who thought I was an idiot (many do think that).... If we lose Curry to Iowa because we slow played him waiting for Fuller it friggin serves this staff right. This was exactly my point.... Last week Curry wanted in, we wait, lose Fuller and maybe not only lose Curry , but to a conference foe.

@#$%@%#%@#

Ya we give the scholly to Curry and then Fuller has a last day change of heart like Todd Peat did, but oops to bad gave it to Curry. Then everyone would be bitching about that. I would hate to be the coach your in a lose lose situation. Youll have fans bitching and crying no matter what happens. There needs to be an early signing period, so all the players that are committed 100 percent can sign and then everyone can chase after all the prima donnas that want to wait til signing day to announce.

• Fire 1

About 3 weeks ago , when it became fairly apparent that we were losing ground with Fuller, I suggested that we "move on" and got ripped to shreds by guys who thought I was an idiot (many do think that).... If we lose Curry to Iowa because we slow played him waiting for Fuller it friggin serves this staff right. This was exactly my point.... Last week Curry wanted in, we wait, lose Fuller and maybe not only lose Curry , but to a conference foe.

@#$%@%#%@#

Not sure it was just Fuller. Several other player's of need were on our board ahead of Curry.

Really hard to blame the coaches on this considering how strict the rules are. If they have players rated above him, you can't really blame them for holding out for em. Having said that there could be a lot said about the saying "one in the hand is worth two in the bush".

@#$%@%#%@#

Not sure it was just Fuller. Several other player's of need were on our board ahead of Curry.

Really hard to blame the coaches on this considering how strict the rules are. If they have players rated above him, you can't really blame them for holding out for em. Having said that there could be a lot said about the saying "one in the hand is worth two in the bush".

Fuller wasn'texactly the key factor with Curry's situation, but played a role as did QL. It was Goodman and then the Schiano leaving situation that brought about the numbers issue. This was all locked up after his visit, and then things appearred to be opening with EG and the Rutgers situation and hence the let's wait a sec, approach, NU is lucky that Aaron was so open to the return visit from the staff.

Funny... not too long ago, we thought Curry was gone. Now, he's probably the safest bet.

Think staff could've been too confident saying their may not be room, granted that was before we knew USC would make it suddenly so much tougher to get Shelton. Glad it didn't cost us.