SIGNED DT Aaron Curry

BIG ERN

Sounds like Curry could be N. Doesn't look like TCU's visit is a huge splash compared to Nebraska and several Rival members think he'll be N and we'll lose out on Fuller.

In my opinion I rather take Curry and Valentine than take Valentine and Fuller.

Dude, with all due respect, and I know that's used a lot but I really do mean this without trying to insult you... you're a moron.... no offense.

Ya I'm the moron who's got full access to rivals and he (JT) just wrote something down about Curry. Rick Kaczenski (sp?) called the Curry family yesterday (Saturday) but Curry wasn't available. When Curry was available, he called back and didn't talk to Rick but instead talked to Bo.

Seems like Nebraska is still pushing to get this kid especially Rick so either we VV isn't a lock or we lost out on someone else. There are a lot of rival members who think Curry is in and Fuller is gone but what do I know, I'm a moron, right?

For preferring the combo of valentine and curry instead of fuller and valentine? Ya you are.

Sounds like Curry could be N. Doesn't look like TCU's visit is a huge splash compared to Nebraska and several Rival members think he'll be N and we'll lose out on Fuller.

Dude, with all due respect, and I know that's used a lot but I really do mean this without trying to insult you... you're a moron.... no offense.

Ya I'm the moron who's got full access to rivals and he (JT) just wrote something down about Curry. Rick Kaczenski (sp?) called the Curry family yesterday (Saturday) but Curry wasn't available. When Curry was available, he called back and didn't talk to Rick but instead talked to Bo.

Seems like Nebraska is still pushing to get this kid especially Rick so either we VV isn't a lock or we lost out on someone else. There are a lot of rival members who think Curry is in and Fuller is gone but what do I know, I'm a moron, right?

For preferring the combo of valentine and curry instead of fuller and valentine? Ya you are.

Why because we lack depth at DT and does anybody honestly think Fuller would have a real shot at QB at Nebraska with Martinez having 2 more years? Fuller wants to play QB and I highly doubt he'll play QB within his first 2 years here.

We only have 3 DT's returning who played quite a bit in 2011. We haven't seen Peat, Williams, Uher and we saw very little of Justin Jackson. Jay Guy did well last year in the spring game but struggled throughout the season with weight issues I believe and hardly played.

I'm sorry but I'd take VV and Curry over Fuller because in my opinion they actually have a true shot at playing. Fuller wants to play QB and only QB and I don't see him playing QB at Nebraska.

Would it be nice to get Fuller absolutely but I don't see it happening.

I love how some people on this board start bashing others when they don't agree with their opinion. I would never bash another Husker fan, under any circumstances. I respect everyone's opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

Why because we lack depth at DT and does anybody honestly think Fuller would have a real shot at QB at Nebraska with Martinez having 2 more years? Fuller wants to play QB and I highly doubt he'll play QB within his first 2 years here.

We only have 3 DT's returning who played quite a bit in 2011. We haven't seen Peat, Williams, Uher and we saw very little of Justin Jackson. Jay Guy did well last year in the spring game but struggled throughout the season with weight issues I believe and hardly played.

I'm sorry but I'd take VV and Curry over Fuller because in my opinion they actually have a true shot at playing. Fuller wants to play QB and only QB and I don't see him playing QB at Nebraska.

I would say that we lack even more depth at the QB position. Martinez, Carnes, and thats it right now.... It would be great to have all three of them, but Fuller is the biggest need in my opinion.... I could also see it as a possibility to move Cameron Meredith inside next year.... No source on that, just a personal hunch about the situation....

I agree that we lack depth at QB.

I just don't see Fuller watching from the sidelines for 2 years behind Martinez. Even our backup QB's hardly see the field when we're blowing out the opponent or when we're getting blown out.

We're constantly substituting DT's into the game allowing our players to gain more experience and building depth. I just see VV and Curry seeing more playing time than Fuller.

Fuller could see playing time at other positions at Nebraska but he wants to play QB.

Anyways we'll find out at 4 today with Fuller and I'm sure we'll hear about where Curry is going shortly after that.

It's a toss up for me. DF is a luxury to me but someone you don't pass up.

That's about where I'm at. It would be a loss for us if we didn't get him, but it would be a bigger loss for him if he went to some bottom feeder team like Rutgers or Arizona.

I think Fuller is the hardest recruit left to understand. He doesn't tell a lot, and seems like everything is alright and nothing stands out. Just seems he wants to play NOW, and I don't think Nebraska can offer him that at QB.

I don't see the thin depth at DT you are pointing out. It is 2 positions so you need 4 players on the 2 deep, here is what we have for 2012:

8 Players total, 5 players have gotten PT

Baker - Sr. (starter)

Jackson - Sr. (saw limited PT over past 2 years)

Randle - Jr. (was seeing PT last year until his injury)

Rome - So. (starter)

Guy - So. (saw decent PT last year)

Uher - So. (not sure what he can be yet)

Williams - RFr. (getting rave reviews in practice)

Peat - RFr. (got some decent pub in practice, first chance to see if he can live up to the hype)

2013 - when you add in 1 DT from this class then there are still 7 players on the roster to fill 4 spots, only 1 will be a senior so 6 will be on the roster for 2014.

Caveman I was basically talking about playing experience and we only have three returning next year with experience. We're still left with ?'s on Peat, Williams, Uher. As for Guy and Jackson they did see some playing time but I just don't know about these two but Guy has disappointed me the most but this is just my opinion.

DT is the hardest spot to find talent and I believe that the staff should get VV and Curry to add my depth and talent at DT.

I do agree that we lack depth in QB but I don't see Fuller taking the job away from Martinez and standing on the sidelines for 2 years.

I'd be happy to take Fuller if he wanted to play other positions but he's dead set at playing QB and I don't see him playing QB at Nebraska that's why I want Curry over Fuller.

Caveman I was basically talking about playing experience and we only have three returning next year with experience. We're still left with ?'s on Peat, Williams, Uher. As for Guy and Jackson they did see some playing time but I just don't know about these two but Guy has disappointed me the most but this is just my opinion.

DT is the hardest spot to find talent and I believe that the staff should get VV and Curry to add my depth and talent at DT.

I do agree that we lack depth in QB but I don't see Fuller taking the job away from Martinez and standing on the sidelines for 2 years.

I'd be happy to take Fuller if he wanted to play other positions but he's dead set at playing QB and I don't see him playing QB at Nebraska that's why I want Curry over Fuller.

Fair enough, I would love to have Curry be a Husker. I think it is a bit unfair to base an opinion of Guy on his first year of PT, as a RFr. no less. Every year it seems like a lot of people think each recruit will start right away or think that if nothing is really seen in the first 2 years then the recruit is a bust and not even considering that most players don't make significant impacts until their Jr. year. Not saying you do but I keep seeing that rhetoric and it annoys me. All of the other non-frosh players on the 85 were recruited for a reason as well.