Cotton must Go!!!!

Cotton can't be canned. Period. He's WAY too connected inside the program.

Perhaps a "promotion" to an administrative position in the AD offices?

This again?

Actually, there is truth to it. Barney may not be a good coach, but he has made quite a few friends to the point that he will not be left without a job at this University. As the old saying goes, "it's more who you know, than what you know."

Ask Doak Ostergard.

What a price we've paid for the program's internal "good 'ol boy" coach networking.

Nebraska's decline started when coaching selection and retainment became based on

petty personal politics rather than ability and performance that continues to this day.

It's no coincidence this team looks eerily similar to a Solich or Callahan coached team against

top opponents.

So what makes one OL coach better than another?

I've only read excerpts from Milt Tenopir's book? and it seems he had a great mind in meshing blocking schemes with what we were trying to do in the past..But we were also leading the pack in exercize science/nutrition and facilities...And some of the things that helped us compete ('roids) are no longer an option.

While I'll agree that OL play has been a soft spot the last decade or so..What qualities should I brush up on if I wanted to become the greatest Offensive Line coach available?

Do people realize that was one of the most successful rushing games against a VERY STOUT defense? I loathe Barney as much as the next, but Barney wasn't making Yoshi crap his pants and jump when looking across at Clowney.

I just hope that Ryne Reeves can grasp the line calls quickly so next year, so NU finally has a full line up across the board. Caputo you fought, knew your sh#t, and except for one night were a player to look up too. But time after time all year, interior DLines destroyed ya.

The o-line completely owned the line of scrimmage the first half. Rex was hitting the second level untouched consistently. This offense does not have the personnel to overcome mistakes (penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, bad field position, missed assignments).

I actually think they will be decent next year. We'll see I guess.

I've wanted Cotton'sarse out of here since late 2010, this is getting ridiculous. Bo has to be blind :facepalm:

He already wasted a scholly on his son Sam Cotton who i don't think looks that promising in D1 football

I'd argue that 3 scholly's have been wasted on Cotton boys, but for some reason people will disagree and say that we would have offered them if Barney wasn't a coach. :facepalm:

Cotton can't be canned. Period. He's WAY too connected inside the program.

Perhaps a "promotion" to an administrative position in the AD offices?

This again?

Actually, there is truth to it. Barney may not be a good coach, but he has made quite a few friends to the point that he will not be left without a job at this University. As the old saying goes, "it's more who you know, than what you know."

Ask Doak Ostergard.

I have also heard rumblings regarding a lateral move. It's amazing how small a town Omaha (and Lincoln) is when it comes to NU football rumors. Seems like everybody knows somebody with ties to the program. Many of these prophecies have come true. If this is true, then that would be awesome! Just don't expect it to happen overnight.

Back to the subject at hand, Cotton is a drain on this program. He was strictly hired back because he was a "Nebraska guy" who happened to be on the previous staff before Callahan and somehow this was going to right a wrong to him. It's time for him to get a cushy Walk On Foundation director's job like Doak.

Back to the subject at hand, Cotton is a drain on this program. He was strictly hired back because he was a "Nebraska guy" who happened to be on the previous staff before Callahan and somehow this was going to right a wrong to him. It's time for him to get a cushy Walk On Foundation director's job like Doak.

I totally agree. Besides the obvious o-line issues, I heard him speak at the the big red breakfast this year. He sounded like an idiot. I talked to some others and they didn't have a very good impression either. Stai on the other hand was a very good speaker. Clear, concise and informative. Hope he moves up from GA soon.

I've wanted Cotton'sarse out of here since late 2010, this is getting ridiculous. Bo has to be blind :facepalm:

He already wasted a scholly on his son Sam Cotton who i don't think looks that promising in D1 football

I'd argue that 3 scholly's have been wasted on Cotton boys, but for some reason people will disagree and say that we would have offered them if Barney wasn't a coach. :facepalm:

what has the cotton boys done to deserver your hatred? :dunno

You're really going to argue that Ben Cotton was a waste of a scholarship? One of the most consistent blockers on the line not to mention the best blocking TE we have and also fairly reliable in the passing game. :facepalm: