Alshon Jeffery

I'll say this: I hadn't watched much of Jeffery before, but he showed that he could be the next Randy Moss. He has all the physical tools, he's a home run hitter, he runs lazy routes a majority of the time, and he takes plays off. Yep, sounds like Randy Moss to me.

He is absolutely an amazing receiver, and like people are saying, he did get the best of Fonzo twice plus one fluke hail mary. He should have a good NFL career.

I read your reasoning for blaming the Nebraska staff, but I don't really see it that way. Being a South Carolina fan, you should know all too well that some players just make stupid decisions. Dennard is a great cornerback, as you pointed out. He always goes one on one with the opponent's best receiver, and he is usually successful. He didn't need safety help because I'm sure he saw the situation the same as we did - he gave up one big play, the Hail Mary was luck and the rest of it was Dennard doing a pretty good job.

Your other suggestion is purely conjecture, because you don't know what the Nebraska staff was doing/saying on the sidelines. Maybe they said/did all those things you suggested, and Dennard still lost his cool. How many times do you think the SC staff told Stephen Garcia to get his act together, yet he continually made the wrong choices. By your definition, I should assume the SC staff did nothing to prevent Garcia from making stupid mistakes and eventually getting kicked off the team.

I know your opinion is well-intentioned, so just know that I'm not attacking you. I just don't see it the way you do. Players are ultimately responsible for there actions, and even the best coaches can't prevent players from making stupid decisions. It happens.

Lastly, I think Blackmon is going before Jeffrey, but I've also seen Blackmon play a lot more this year.

Fair enough. And good point on Garcia. Well taken.

I was just trying not to put all the blame on the "kid(s)", because, well, he's a kid....

One thing I will say about the fight though is Ive never seen someone ejected for what Alshon did(pushing someone in the facemask) and if Dennard wouldnt have thrown 3 punches neither would have gotten ejected, just offsetting personal fouls and warnings.

Let's not for a minute think that they got ejected for that thirty-second clip of fighting. There was a bunch of smack and physical play between both guys all game long. Alshon wasn't some innocent bystander caught in a bad situation. He was 1/2 the problem.

Lonnie, you need to stick around HuskerBoard. I like reading your football commentary.

Thanks bro. We'll see what happens. My son will be just over a year old next fall, so I have a feeling I'll be lucky to catch one game a weekend! :)

Agreed. Any well-reasoned poster regardless of team should stick around.

@knapp, that's all I wanted! Those comments on Alshon on CT really stuck in my mind bc he is one of my all-time favorite gamecocks, so for him to have that game was a dream come true for me! haha.... gotta admit though, all the people calling his TD luck or fluke are generalizing this like your run-of-the-mill hail Mary, but this was not. It was basically all Alshon- people should give credit where it's due.