Alshon Jeffery

hail marys are fluke plays. sorry it's a fact. And this one, WHERE I COME FROM WHEN YOU PUSH AND DBACK IN FRONT OF YOU AWAY TO CATCH THE BALL, IT'S OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE. WAH WAH WAH. And I'm sure Jeffrey is so innocent. I'm sure he never said one word prior to the fight that aggrevated Dennard and VICE VERSA. I also said in a previous post that I felt Dennard did more to deserve the ejection. however, it's obvious that the squirmish had been boiling up for some time. As far as my remarks, yes, I get a little heated and say some things that are innappropriate over issues like this. Why is a guy who was ejected for being in a fight getting a frickin mvp award for a game he played just a little over half of. I thought a plenty other SC players deserved it. Bottom line is Jeffrey was being dominated by a more physical player and it was frustrating him. Even the long play was not Dennard's fault it was the safety's. So be it. It's not the first great receiver Dennard has shut down in his career.

• Fire 2

hail marys are fluke plays. sorry it's a fact.

Yeah. Alshon Jeffery didn't perfectly time and outjump 3 of your players and then still muscle his way 5 more yards for a score. Grow up.

He is good, but Denard won the battle. Looked like Jeffry pushed in the back to "outjump" 3 husker players.

Slight push at 0:25

I like stats and facts. Alshon and Dennard played a little over 1 half of the game. Alshon was targeted 5 times and made 4 catches for 148 yards and a TD. Dennard had 4 tackles, no pass break-ups, no interceptions, gave up 2 huge gainers of over 50 yards. C'mon, nobody isn't saying Dennard isn't good, but the numbers show that Alshon won the battle. Also, he won the Game MVP from the Cap One (to be fair though, personally I would have chosen Shaw.)

In one half, Alshon showed why most of the SEC, who has the best DB's in the country, still double team Alshon. He's a 6'4", 230 lb, 36 in vertical leaper with 4.5ish 40 yard speed MISMATCH, who also has great hands. If you don't double him, and stop Shaw from throwing in his direction, he will win a lot of jump balls.

I'm all for rep'ing your guys, but you also gotta know when they got beat, and Dennard got beat...Except in the fight.

I watched the replay a few times. Dennard landed 3 punches, to Alshon's face palm strike. So the Judges card would read 3-1 in favor of Dennard.

the hail mary was a great play by jefferies, but you cant really blame fonzie for that...

but remember, thats not a fluke... :sarcasm

its like having your man hit a 1/2 court shot....... again not taking that away from jefferies, but that was not a normal play. but just like the 1/2 court shot... the points count.

Oh pshh. Whatever. Watch the game, get a clue. Don't be one of those people going by stats alone. Alshon had two big catches. Both of those catches Dennard was not to blame for. Cassidy, the safety, was supposed to have inside zone on that 78 yard streak route that Dennard ran him down on. If Cassidy does his job he picks that pass, or at least makes the QB put some arc on the ball. Dennard was on the outside of the receiver like he was supposed to be. The hail mary was crap as well, Dennard wasn't even guarding him from the start of the play. Stanley Jean-Baptiste was guarding him from the line.

Dennard shut Jeffery down. He had what, 1 or 2 catches when Dennard was 1 on 1 with him? Whenever Dennard was forced to play a team strategy and share Jeffery with others was when Jeffery got yards. Not impressed. He couldn't beat Dennard on his own, but he could certainly beat everyone else in Nebraska's secondary.

My point was more that Jeffery was not held to just two catches he had four. He wasn't shutdown if anything he was pivotal in deciding this game as he was on the receiving end of that Hail Mary. Fluke or not it turned the game around for USC.

And how many catches did he have in the last 1 1/2 quarters?

the hail mary was a great play by jefferies, but you cant really blame fonzie for that...

but remember, thats not a fluke... :sarcasm

its like having your man hit a 1/2 court shot....... again not taking that away from jefferies, but that was not a normal play. but just like the 1/2 court shot... the points count.

but you're not following me, Spurrier drew that play up so that Jeffery would score and it would allow the OP to start this thread....