Alshon Jeffery

Oh pshh. Whatever. Watch the game, get a clue. Don't be one of those people going by stats alone. Alshon had two big catches. Both of those catches Dennard was not to blame for. Cassidy, the safety, was supposed to have inside zone on that 78 yard streak route that Dennard ran him down on. If Cassidy does his job he picks that pass, or at least makes the QB put some arc on the ball. Dennard was on the outside of the receiver like he was supposed to be. The hail mary was crap as well, Dennard wasn't even guarding him from the start of the play. Stanley Jean-Baptiste was guarding him from the line.

Dennard shut Jeffery down. He had what, 1 or 2 catches when Dennard was 1 on 1 with him? Whenever Dennard was forced to play a team strategy and share Jeffery with others was when Jeffery got yards. Not impressed. He couldn't beat Dennard on his own, but he could certainly beat everyone else in Nebraska's secondary.

• Fire 1

Oh pshh. Whatever. Watch the game, get a clue. Don't be one of those people going by stats alone. Ashlon had two big catches. Both of those catches Dennard was not to blame for. Cassidy, the safety, was supposed to have inside zone on that 78 yard streak route that Dennard ran him down on. If Cassidy does his job he picks that pass. Dennard was on the outside like he was supposed to be. The hail mary was crap as well, Dennard wasn't guarding him from the start of the play.

Dennard shut Jeffrey down. He had what, 1 or 2 catches when Dennard was 1 on 1 with him? Whenever Dennard was forced to play a team strategy and share Jeffrey with others was when he got yards. Not impressed.

Thanks for bringing up something I complete forgot about....You want to see a safety that helps over the top in man watch Stafford. You want to see a safety who bites and leaves the corner exposed...watch the other guy.

Oh pshh. Whatever. Watch the game, get a clue. Don't be one of those people going by stats alone. Ashlon had two big catches. Both of those catches Dennard was not to blame for. Cassidy, the safety, was supposed to have inside zone on that 78 yard streak route that Dennard ran him down on. If Cassidy does his job he picks that pass. Dennard was on the outside like he was supposed to be. The hail mary was crap as well, Dennard wasn't guarding him from the start of the play.

Dennard shut Jeffrey down. He had what, 1 or 2 catches when Dennard was 1 on 1 with him? Whenever Dennard was forced to play a team strategy and share Jeffrey with others was when he got yards. Not impressed.

Thanks for bringing up something I complete forgot about....You want to see a safety that helps over the top in man watch Stafford. You want to see a safety who bites and leaves the corner exposed...watch the other guy.

I'm not even talking about in man. Dennard never needed help over the top when he was in man defense one on one. That streak route that went for 78 yards was a cover 2 zone, probably the least complex of any college defense. Nothing tricky or complex was going on. Cassidy (assuming it was him, don't really remember) was off in la-la land for the entire play, and apparently forgot what he was doing and didn't have inside help on the outside receiver. Dennard didn't really even try to jam, he funneled him right towards the middle like he was supposed to.

I'm not even talking about in man. Dennard never needed help over the top when he was in man defense one on one. That streak route that went for 78 yards was a cover 2 zone, probably the least complex of Pelini's defenses. Nothing tricky or complex was going on. Cassidy (assuming it was him, don't really remember) was off in la-la land for the entire play, and apparently forgot what he was doing and didn't have inside help on the outside receiver. Dennard didn't really even try to jam, he funneled him right towards the middle like he was supposed to.

Even in man the, as long as they aren't going no backs ( it depends on formation/personnel), one of the safeties should be free to help on the deep ball.

Oh pshh. Whatever. Watch the game, get a clue. Don't be one of those people going by stats alone. Alshon had two big catches. Both of those catches Dennard was not to blame for. Cassidy, the safety, was supposed to have inside zone on that 78 yard streak route that Dennard ran him down on. If Cassidy does his job he picks that pass, or at least makes the QB put some arc on the ball. Dennard was on the outside of the receiver like he was supposed to be. The hail mary was crap as well, Dennard wasn't even guarding him from the start of the play. Stanley Jean-Baptiste was guarding him from the line.

Dennard shut Jeffery down. He had what, 1 or 2 catches when Dennard was 1 on 1 with him? Whenever Dennard was forced to play a team strategy and share Jeffery with others was when Jeffery got yards. Not impressed. He couldn't beat Dennard on his own, but he could certainly beat everyone else in Nebraska's secondary.

My point was more that Jeffery was not held to just two catches he had four. He wasn't shutdown if anything he was pivotal in deciding this game as he was on the receiving end of that Hail Mary. Fluke or not it turned the game around for USC.

Seems like Fonzo stayed with him just as much. He had two catches I recall. Not much for your stud. Yes a last second hail mary, but Fonzo wasn't covering him, On the big 78 yrd play, Fonzo caught him, y'all missed a field goal.

Got pissed about being manhandled for 3 quarters and got ejected with Fonzo so no, Fonzo played better. Thanks though.

4 catches, 148 yards. And left the game early with 58 yards shy of the SEC record for career receiving yards. And I am not gloating, everyone knows a big part of that was on a hail mary. Dennard played him tougher, more physical than any CB I've seen in his 3 years here. Dennard made a believer in me.

Dennard didn't seem like the same player to me this year. I think the injury at the beginning of the season set him back a bit and he was just starting to get into form toward the end of the year. I only remember 3 catches, but for the most part Dennard had his number. Hard to shut down guys like that for the entire game. They'll get their catches eventually, just like Blackmon did last year against us.

not having prince to take on the #1 wr probably didnt help

yes badgerfan i stand corrected he had 4 catches for 148 yards. 2 of them accounted for 129 yards leaving the other 2 for and average of 9.5 yards. Hence he had to catches, and his biggest one? His team didnt score a point off of. The actual TD? fluke play. But besides all of that it is just an embarrassment to any teammated of his that played their tail off the "right" way to have that moron awarded the mvp. He was ejected for an incident he had a part in, but was basiclly told it's ok, here's a big fat trophy for you to sell on ebay for some tatoos and gold teeth. just an embarrassment of morals.

• Fire 1

First of all, to the guy who called Jeffrey a slew of insults, including "thug"... lol dude please go back and watch the replay... where I come from, you get ejected for throwing punches (which your boy did).... Yeah, Alshon grabbed the facemash and shoved him- both inappropriate, but NOONE EVER GETS EJECTED FOR THAT. That was ridiculous. Alshon Jeffery is far from a thug- the guy stays far away from trouble... so watch your mouth, man please and learn to be a rational human being. All the people trying to downplay Alshon and say you aren't impressed, I can simply laugh at you. If one of your receivers made plays like that, you would all be going nuts... and to say the hail mary was a "fluke play"... um no, this wasn't a tip ball that he happened to be in the area of- Alshon straight mossed 3 of your players and then willed his way to the endzone- that was a beastly individual play so please don't be a bad sport about it.

yes badgerfan i stand corrected he had 4 catches for 148 yards. 2 of them accounted for 129 yards leaving the other 2 for and average of 9.5 yards. Hence he had to catches, and his biggest one? His team didnt score a point off of. The actual TD? fluke play. But besides all of that it is just an embarrassment to any teammated of his that played their tail off the "right" way to have that moron awarded the mvp. He was ejected for an incident he had a part in, but was basiclly told it's ok, here's a big fat trophy for you to sell on ebay for some tatoos and gold teeth. just an embarrassment of morals.

I can tell by your attitiude that you are high on morals. Your ignorant, biased, unfounded, racist comments are very moral and impressive. Wow. You're sad.

• Fire 1

First of all, to the guy who called Jeffrey a slew of insults, including "thug"... lol dude please go back and watch the replay... where I come from, you get ejected for throwing punches (which your boy did).... Yeah, Alshon grabbed the facemash and shoved him- both inappropriate, but NOONE EVER GETS EJECTED FOR THAT. That was ridiculous. Alshon Jeffery is far from a thug- the guy stays far away from trouble... so watch your mouth, man please and learn to be a rational human being. All the people trying to downplay Alshon and say you aren't impressed, I can simply laugh at you. If one of your receivers made plays like that, you would all be going nuts... and to say the hail mary was a "fluke play"... um no, this wasn't a tip ball that he happened to be in the area of- Alshon straight mossed 3 of your players and then willed his way to the endzone- that was a beastly individual play so please don't be a bad sport about it.

WHAT?