Why Taylor Makes me Laugh

sounds like he fits right in around here, with some many fans that bitch and moan about 9 wins, 10 wins, we fire coaches that win 9 games and so and so on, and when our quarterback says he'll be disappointed if we dont play for a national title we jump him? This crap makes me puke.

Thank you !!!!!

What do people want him to say ?? If he says anything but that, he will catch crap and when he does, he catches crap.... He can't win with a lot of people on this board.... How many posts are out there now about fire Bo.....get rid of Cotton..... new players..... all because we didn't finish in top 10 and compete for Big 10, which in turn may have had us close to BCS.....

but when our QB --- Leader says he is shooting for a NC, he get drilled.... WOW

Let's start with a REASONABLE outcome. The Big 10 Championship would be a good chance we have to be there. The National Championship. not so much. Maybe if we didn't always drink the kool aid as fans we wouldn't be so disappointed when we get whipped.

You are correct on many levels... Sure it probably is NOT reasonable ( probably is wrong, it's basically not happening), but when you talk to a 20 year old kid right after a loss who can't wait to get back on the practice field, he is going to say exactly what he did.... Listen to the Raiders coach after yesterday's loss....he sounded worse and he is a pro coach...

Also correct about the "kool aid"...... way too many people are still living in the 90's..... Take a realistic look at what we actually have and compare the talent and coaching to other schools, and you get what you see.... We still have the opportunity to be a top tier program, but it will take work....

* And anyone who says that some fan's expectations are too low, should NOT bitch about what Taylor says.....

sounds like he fits right in around here, with some many fans that bitch and moan about 9 wins, 10 wins, we fire coaches that win 9 games and so and so on, and when our quarterback says he'll be disappointed if we dont play for a national title we jump him? This crap makes me puke.

Thank you !!!!!

What do people want him to say ?? If he says anything but that, he will catch crap and when he does, he catches crap.... He can't win with a lot of people on this board.... How many posts are out there now about fire Bo.....get rid of Cotton..... new players..... all because we didn't finish in top 10 and compete for Big 10, which in turn may have had us close to BCS.....

Let's start with a REASONABLE outcome. The Big 10 Championship would be a good chance we have to be there. The National Championship. not so much. Maybe if we didn't always drink the kool aid as fans we wouldn't be so disappointed when we get whipped.

It's most of our fans and media that put the players and team on the pedestal to begin with. Bo said today it was a good season. Seriously. You think the players and coaches who are at practice every day and see guys perform and then watch film know how the match up with other teams. Think there's a chance they might know a little more about it than we do. I agree with Bo. It was a good season, CONSIDERING youth and injuries. We had so many guys beat up by the end of the regular season and yes it happens, but it seemed to happen more this year. Bo probably knew this year was gonna be a challenge, but no, a couple of gay magazines come out in august that know absolutely nothing about Nebraska football come out and say we're gonna walk into the big 10 and win it all and everyone shoots the kool aid and then bam, Wisconsin. Now we're disappointed, even though it's probably what the coaches and players expected deep down to begin with. And now maybe Taylor really expects to be that good next year, now that they have a year's film on our new routine opponents to study and numerous young players and new coaches in new roles with a year under their belt. Maybe he understands that this year was one gigantice growing pain and they have a whole offseason to analyze and improve. I know it's a win now society and atmosphere but as Bo says it is a process, and it's obvious he's in it for the long haul becuase that's what he's building for.

Thank you !!!!!

It's most of our fans and media that put the players and team on the pedestal to begin with. Bo said today it was a good season. Seriously? You think the players and coaches who are at practice every day and see guys perform and then watch film know how the match up with other teams. Think there's a chance they might know a little more about it than you do. I agree with Bo. It was a good season, CONSIDERING youth and injuries. We had so many guys beat up by the end of the regular season and yes it happens, but it seemed to happen more this year. Bo probably knew this year was gonna be a challenge, but no, a couple of gay magazines come out in august that know absolutely nothing about Nebraska football come out and say we're gonna walk into the big 10 and win it all and everyone follows. No we're disappointed, even though it's probably what the coaches and players expected deep down to begin with. And now maybe Taylor really expects to be that good next year, now that they have a year's film on our new routine opponents to study and numerous young players and new coaches in new roles with a year under their belt.

oh yeah definitely a good season and take over a losing season any day. I didn't think the D was that bad until i saw some non conference games.

We seem to set such high standards every year. We are fans and do that I guess. But if you looked at what we had and what had happened the year before, realisticlly you could not expect a lot better.

Next year will be the same, some will say we have problems and others will be spouting BCS, most likely with in the next couple of months.

We played a pretty good team today, I think the score was a little worse than the actual game. There are positives in this loss and I think the kids played hard. We got beat, you have to learn to deal with it. The team needs support now, not this the end is here, jump off the bridges attitude.

I do think we are down on talent, but I do not feel we play our young talent. It would seem when we were down so far some of the young ones could have got into the game for a taste of a bowl game. It never happened and I think it has an affect on recruiting, or will.

Still feel that Bo has too much on his plate, learning to be the CEO of Nebraska football, being the head coach, training an OC and a DC. Delegate authority Bo, you have to let someone else drive parts of the car.

I did not expect Nebraska to win today, I expected a good game, and in honesty we had that for quite a bit fo the game. We were playing top rated SEC defensive team, and traded blows with them for quite awhile. Take that a a positive and move forward.

Headed over to one of the Oregon parties now, was truly a great game. Wearing my Husker duds got the attention of all the Oregon fans that I was in the middle of. Wanted Wisconsin to win, but the Duck fans were pretty fun. It was a great game, Wisconsin remined me of Nebraska so much it was unbelieveable. Put me back in the 90's at times for sure.

You guys calm down a little.

I think he did make some strides after all he didnt have much more things go wrong or screwed up( I hate saying he screwed up he is better than I ever could but you get my point well hopefully) any way he had to get better and overall I think he did. My idea for him would be a great change of direction guy, if we had a Luck for example and you wanted a change up then send in tmart and he would be an asset. I like his attitude NC wow whatever but ya a CC or BCS game sure!

Per the LJS....

Despite the disappointing finish, Martinez is full of optimism going roward. When asked about the returning players at the key positions on offense next year, the quarterback said: "Next year if we don't play for the national championship I'll probably be pretty disappointed."

Thanks for the pick me up Taylor.

http://my.journalsta..._ourselves.html

The ONLY way we will play for a NC next year will be a team that is not QB'd by Martinez. If he really thinks this offense is anywhere close to even winning the Big Ten, he is hallucinating. There is not one aspect, other than Burkhead, that indicates that this team is ready to do anything. If it weren't for Burkhead, the numbers would be that much more troubling. Martinez: Your not that good, son...not to be putting out bravado like that. You need a reality check, outside Lincoln, NE, you would probably not be a starting QB on any Division I team.

Would you feel better if he said he expected a sh**ty year just like this year? Some people spend way too much time trying to find ways to hate the guy. You're probably one of the morons that called Big Red Reaction and blamed another loss on Martinez.

I would feel a lot better if he felt like he probably wasn't going to be the starter next year. He is a joke, especially with the O-line that he has in front of him that can't open holes or protect him when he drops back to throw a pass with his bad mechanics in tow.

AAAHHHHHH!! Finally the voice of reason in this thread! Thank you! I've been reading the other threads and you would've thought someone died! Yeah, I'm disappointed. I think that if we would've stuck to our run game and just kept pounding the rock we might've won. I do believe in next year and good for you TMart! You keep believing in this team. Do we have some problems to iron out-you bet but does anyone realistically believe that if we suddenly fired the entire NU staff and replaced them with new people that we would be any better? I don't. I think Bo has laid a foundation. He has surrounded himself with people he trusts and is going to go from there. I think Coach Kaz is going to bring some interesting insight into the trenches next year and I'm sure that the rest of the coaches, Bo included, will attend some coaching conferences/seminars. If I were Coach Pap, I would be picking Tom O's brain any chance I got. When you have one of THE best OC's in the history of college football in your own backyard-USE HIM! :) I am hopeful that we will see changes in our current players with regards to maturity, physical growth and familiarity with the program as well as having some new recruits join us and fill in the holes that need repair or that need replacing. I know that just like Suh was missed this year, Denard/David will be missed. But every year we seem to have a couple of new guys step up. I think it's going to be exciting to see how our team evolves next year. The one thing I would like to see next year is an increase in leadership. I know that a few of the players were somewhat leaders but I want to see what we saw back in the day when the players on the sidelines were cheering the entire game. If they weren't cheering they were in someone's face pumping them up if they muffed a play or getting into their face to tell them to get their heads in the game. I miss that! Those boys rarely sat down. The sidelines were always jumping.

Thanks for all of your realistic comments. They were refreshing to my Husker soul!

Would you feel better if he said he expected a sh**ty year just like this year? Some people spend way too much time trying to find ways to hate the guy. You're probably one of the morons that called Big Red Reaction and blamed another loss on Martinez.

I would feel a lot better if he felt like he probably wasn't going to be the starter next year. He is a joke, especially with the O-line that he has in front of him that can't open holes or protect him when he drops back to throw a pass with his bad mechanics in tow.

Dang! I was hoping none of the naysayers would come to this thread. Thanks alot! NOT!

Dang! I was hoping none of the naysayers would come to this thread. Thanks alot! NOT!

Glad I could make your day, because I am sure the game didn't...but then again, maybe it was all you expected, since maybe you are drinking the same kool aid that Martinez is. Outside of Lincoln, I would say that he would have a hard time finding a starting QB position anywhere in the top 50 teams of the NCAA. In your mind, I am sure Nebraska is going to win a NC every year. NOT!