I hope Turner or another QB gets a long hard look this offseason.

Taylor did not lose the game for us... Had Abdullah not fumbled and Jeffry not caught that bomb at the end of the second quarter, it would have been a different game. You cannot go into the red zone TWICE against a good team like SC and come away empty handed. TWICE! We should have gone up 20-9 and it didn't happen. Instead SC takes a 16-13 lead. That's demoralizing...Our O-line also looked HORRIBLE in pass protection. Credit SC's D-line though. They were beasts. The better team won pure and simple. We need better line play to beat better teams. Games are won in the trenches... Have we all forgotten this?

He didn't win the game for NU either.

Neither did the other 20 some guys that played major minutes yesterday. Go ahead a make a thread for each and every one of them now about how they should be replaced.

• Fire 1

My original post was not about criticizing Martinez for 1 game. I made it a point to clarify that this loss was a team effort.

Critical 4th and 2 situation. Burkhead is out. Do you want the ball in Martinez hands running or throwing? How confident are you? I do not like the "he's our only option" spot we are in. Saying he is not losing games for us is fine, but is he winning games?

Martinez won us nine games this year.

Didn't really answer the question. Big difference between "winning" and "not losing".

You don't have to like the answer, but Martinez was crucial in every one of our nine wins. He didn't cost us any of our four losses. You want to gripe about a player who's losing us games, it isn't Martinez. You want to find players who are winning us games, his name is on that list.

Taylor did not lose the game for us... Had Abdullah not fumbled and Jeffry not caught that bomb at the end of the second quarter, it would have been a different game. You cannot go into the red zone TWICE against a good team like SC and come away empty handed. TWICE! We should have gone up 20-9 and it didn't happen. Instead SC takes a 16-13 lead. That's demoralizing...Our O-line also looked HORRIBLE in pass protection. Credit SC's D-line though. They were beasts. The better team won pure and simple. We need better line play to beat better teams. Games are won in the trenches... Have we all forgotten this?

He didn't win the game for NU either.

Neither did the other 20 some guys that played major minutes yesterday. Go ahead a make a thread for each and every one of them now about how they should be replaced.

Good point. Bo makes a big show of saying all positions are always open, the OP said it, open up the QB race. Open up the O-Line race. Open up ALL the positions.

The point here is that the QB position is a dominant position. A difference maker at that position can change game outcomes like no other (ref Cam Newton and Auburn). Or look at Alabama or LSU, they each have 21 superior guys, but both teams have mediocre talent at QB and hence their first game was a 9-6 snooze fest and not many are really expecting much different in the rematch.

T-Mart may be good for 9 wins a season. If that is satisfactory for Bo, fine. If it isn't, well then Bo needs to make changes.

My screaming on a message board, I can assure you, will be meaningless in the end.

Good point. Bo makes a big show of saying all positions are always open, the OP said it, open up the QB race. Open up the O-Line race. Open up ALL the positions.

The point here is that the QB position is a dominant position. A difference maker at that position can change game outcomes like no other (ref Cam Newton and Auburn). Or look at Alabama or LSU, they each have 21 superior guys, but both teams have mediocre talent at QB and hence their first game was a 9-6 snooze fest and not many are really expecting much different in the rematch.

T-Mart may be good for 9 wins a season. If that is satisfactory for Bo, fine. If it isn't, well then Bo needs to make changes.

My screaming on a message board, I can assure you, will be meaningless in the end.

You have to have a guy on your roster capable of winning more games than the starter. Who is that guy? And who is best-qualified to make that decision? If you don't believe the coaches who watch these guys in practice every day, who do you believe?

Martinez goes 10-16 with 3-4 drops and we call him into question? Even the pass at Burkheads finger tips was well thrown...just led him 8 inches too far.

Just because a pass is a spiral doesn't mean it is well thrown. But, I guess it was Rex's fault for not growing that extra inch back in 8th grade.

Martinez sprays it around folks. You can blame all the drops on the receivers, but they aren't. When a pass is supposed to be placed at point X, and it consistently is placed anywhere but point X, it is a recipe for the dropsies.

Consistantly dropping passes that are placed at point X are also a recipe for the dropsies. Those are the ones most people complain about. You can blame those on Martinez, but that would be dumb.

"NU was OK at passing, Martinez seemed pretty accurate, but the receivers seemed to have problems with dropping a lot of passes. Also, they needed to keep the running option open. At the end of the game when Martinez went pure-passer for a few downs, it just ended in a pile of sacks. The NU O-line wasn't very effective on passing downs if it was obvious it was a passing down."

That is an un-biased opinion given by a South Carolina fan on another thread, and I think it is very accurate. Just someone with no past feelings, no love or hate built up.

You don't have to like the answer, but Martinez was crucial in every one of our nine wins. He didn't cost us any of our four losses. You want to gripe about a player who's losing us games, it isn't Martinez. You want to find players who are winning us games, his name is on that list.

This 9 win resume really isn't that impressive. People keep hanging their hats on it as if it is a badge of honor.

If 9-4, in year 4, with a returning QB starter is satisfying, fine, I'm not going to sway your opinion.

• Fire 1

This 9 win resume really isn't that impressive. People keep hanging their hats on it as if it is a badge of honor.

If 9-4, in year 4, with a returning QB starter is satisfying, fine, I'm not going to sway your opinion.

Nobody is "hanging their hats on it as if it is a badge of honor." You see people support their team through bad times and presume it's acceptance of poor results. It's called not being a fair-weather fan. Losing sucks and nobody here likes it. Everyone here wants to be playing for conference championships, you're not alone in that regard. But when people just gripe for the sake of griping, it doesn't mean you have higher standards. It means you're venting.

You have to have a guy on your roster capable of winning more games than the starter. Who is that guy? And who is best-qualified to make that decision? If you don't believe the coaches who watch these guys in practice every day, who do you believe?

Exactly, Bo appears to have gone ALL in with T-Mart. If I were him, with 2 years of game tape to review, I would be beating the bushes for a JC QB commit to go along with the frosh QB commit (assuming he is a QB commit).

As far as faith in Bo on QB issues -- last year's big 12 championship game coupled with the previous year's game pretty much sums up how Bo has managed that position. Keeping a hobbled, ineffected and possibly pretty injured Frosh QB in a game, while you have 2 experienced QBs, both supposedly healthy on the sideline is baffling. The year before, going so conservative in a "play not to lose fashion" when you are a huge underdog but your D is TOTALLY dominating . . . .

Nobody is "hanging their hats on it as if it is a badge of honor." You see people support their team through bad times and presume it's acceptance of poor results. It's called not being a fair-weather fan. Losing sucks and nobody here likes it. Everyone here wants to be playing for conference championships, you're not alone in that regard. But when people just gripe for the sake of griping, it doesn't mean you have higher standards. It means you're venting.

Great post knap.

I giggle every time someone tries to down grade winning 9-10 games a year for the past 4 years. By that perspective,there are like 8 not that impressive teams over the course of that time span and the rest of college football must suck ass.