I hope Turner or another QB gets a long hard look this offseason.

Just read this quote from Tom Brady.

"That helped my competitive spirit. I treat practice very seriously. If you can't perform in practice, I don't buy into this, I'll just flip a switch on game day.

"It's not the way it works, you have to prove it day in and day out."

Just read this quote from Tom Brady.

"That helped my competitive spirit. I treat practice very seriously. If you can't perform in practice, I don't buy into this, I'll just flip a switch on game day.

"It's not the way it works, you have to prove it day in and day out."

Similar to my thoughts on the subject. I don't care how athletic a player is - if he sucks in practice, I seriously doubt the switch is going to completely turn on in a game. Most people, in fact the overwhelming majority, are not geniuses who understand things the first time they do them. Most strive for perfection through repetition.

I have an idea. Lets recruit a solid QB. Still hate to tell you this guys, but the QB out of San antonio is not the real deal. He will be a solid back up,but not a great qb. See his state championship game. But it is time to find that qb that is a ankle breaker and can throw. But then again I was dead on about Gilbert at texass,but probally way off on the qb from san antonio. Weird how things work.

I have an idea. Lets recruit a solid QB. Still hate to tell you this guys, but the QB out of San antonio is not the real deal. He will be a solid back up,but not a great qb. See his state championship game. But it is time to find that qb that is a ankle breaker and can throw. But then again I was dead on about Gilbert at texass,but probally way off on the qb from san antonio. Weird how things work.

Easier said than done, as I'm sure you know. Watson thought he nailed a great QB in Green, and for one reason or another (including coaching mistakes) he became a total bust. I'll admit that I thought Green would be something special, and he looked special in the non-con.

Guys like Frazier were only being recruited as safeties at other major programs. You can find a diamond in the rough almost anywhere.

Green was a project! Some of us screamed that from the moment he was recruited. Had the physical tools, but needed a lot of slow development that he was never afforded. Maybe in a system that wasn't moving away from his skilset, with the off year afforded by the transfer, he'll have a chance to re-set. It was never a good situation for him here, unfortunately.

To be honest, I think Taylor being thrown into the spotlight so early may have hurt his development, too.

To respond to something Hercules said way, way earlier, I too have worries about many other positions on the team. QB is just the one that is most talked about, most under the spotlight, and that is not without merit. Also, in my opinion, QB is the position on offense where you get the most mileage out of any improvement you can scrape out. And RB, WR are really positions where we seem to have a very bright future. Even the OL has shored up its game to a degree, and has had some great recruiting lately.

I'll be fair and offer similar thoughts on defense. I think for what we do, we would get the most mileage out of a dominant DL, or elite sideline-to-sideline linebacker, even more so than a shutdown corner. Certainly safeties we can get by with 'solid.' I think only having 'solid' on the DL though, is something that really limits everything the defense can do. We'll miss Fonzie next year, but I still think we will miss Lavonte more. Fortunately, I think we are probably likely to sooner replace Lavonte (check out this year's LB class! also, Santos) than we are Fonzie.

Anyway, it is too bad Bubba is not here, but that wasn't really expected. And he was probably a project, too. Who knows how effective he actually would have been here, even if he had succeeded, a la Jake Locker. QB depth was scary this past year, but we weathered it and the future looks brighter, especially if we land both Fuller and Armstrong. I think Jamal to QB would be interesting, but as long as Taylor is around and he doesn't have a redshirt, he may as well stick at WR. I would love to see the Jamalcat succeed the Wild Rex after he leaves though.