Corey Raymond

majech

He took over an established system. Marvin was trying to undo all the damage done by that one guy, can't remember his name. Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson? Cosgrove! I was way off

That 'established' secondary that was sans

1. Prince

2. Hagg

3. Gomes

4. Courtney Osborne ("injury" or "doghouse" - take your pick)

5. Fonz for the early part of the year

?

I

He took over an established system. Marvin was trying to undo all the damage done by that one guy, can't remember his name. Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson? Cosgrove! I was way off

1. Prince

2. Hagg

3. Gomes

?

I remember watching the first year that Hagg was the nickel, and I thought he sucked. Then he turned into a really good player.

I agree with the reasonable fans in this thread: Raymond needs more time. The secondary progressed a long ways from the beginning to the end of the year.

So, the board can call out Cassidy, Thorell and others and its ok. We can complain about Carnes getting no playing time, but its "your not at practice", you don't see what the coaches see, BUT when a coach calls out his kids he is the villan. The same guy who sees them every day, coaches them, knows their abilities and limits. He basically says they quit and self destructed. Isn't that what we have all said.

I am guessing he was pi$$ed after the loss and said what every one was thinking. We haven't had a DE like Clowney since Wistrom. That kids a friggin freshman. USC's Swerringer (safety) was all over the field. If you think our talent level is close to top 10 you might be right, but we really dont pass the eyeball test compared to other top 10 programs. What some teams lack in talent, they make up for in coaching. We seem to be lacking in that department. Seems a lot of issues with the secondary as it relates to players from last year not seeing the field. Don't think for a minute that Raymond controls who plays. I was hard on him all season, but like his message, maybe not the delivery. Beck/now JP are coaching downgrades IMHO. Talent makes up for poor coaching as does great coaching with less.

I like his comments about getting punched in the mouth and punching back. We need to get tough. Wistrom/Peter bros/Minter/Brown/Booker/Trev etc would punch back. Fonzie/David/Rex punched back. Anyone else?........

+1

Honestly, we don't seem to agree on a lot (I'm sure you already knew that) but I'll have to second everything you said (except that I'll give Beck at least another year and JP more than one game before passing judgement. :D ).

Not good form to say this publicly even if it is something that he truly thinks. We miss you Marvin.

Why? We excuse Bo not being able to handle the media but we crucify an assistant coach, why does Bo get a pass when he should know better than Raymond, btw Raymond is not wrong. Or we're o.k. when the "Jamal Drill" is used by a coach (which went just as public as what Raymond said), but a coach can't say he wish he could play different players.

And we might just want to let the Marvin thing go.

there are times when every coach needs to keep their mouth shut....after a loss like this, priceless.

Don't agree. There are times when you need to plant your foot into some players asses. I have no problems with what he said.

As far as MS goes it's funny how people will give him a pass for what he did, but will pill on the current coaches. :confucius

If he has a problem with the talent level he should go tell Bo and JP since they brought it here.

Do you really think they've never talked about this.

I'm sure he came right in and started bashing the recruiting of his boss.

So none of the coaches talk to each other. they just do their own thing and recruit the players they want?

I find that very hard to believe.

• Fire 1

If he has a problem with the talent level he should go tell Bo and JP since they brought it here.

So none of the coaches talk to each other. they just do their own thing and recruit the players they want?

I think you missed the point

• Fire 1

1. Prince

2. Hagg

3. Gomes

?

I think you're not putting enough stock into how massive of a change we made on defense in 2008. I am not calling for Raymond's head, I was just trying to point out that it was not a valid comparison. Sure Raymond got stuck with a lot of guys who sat on the bench last year, but he also had guys like PJ Smith, Evans, Osborne, etc. who had playing time and should at this point understand what is going on. Not to mention we're comparing stats from 2 very different conferences in terms of what type of offense we face.

One thing I find hilarious, as it's been stated in this thread already... EVERY time Bo goes into a press conference, there are always people ranting on the board about the endless 'coachspeak' and b*llsh*t that you call it. Now, when a coach comes out and tells you exactly the way things are, that we aren't athletically at the point we need to be at, he should be forced to resign?! What is wrong with you people?

• Fire 1

One thing I find hilarious, as it's been stated in this thread already... EVERY time Bo goes into a press conference, there are always people ranting on the board about the endless 'coachspeak' and b*llsh*t that you call it. Now, when a coach comes out and tells you exactly the way things are, that we aren't athletically at the point we need to be at, he should be forced to resign?! What is wrong with you people?

Did anyone actually say he should resign?

Raymond should either issue a public apology or turn in a resignation for this comment. If the talent wasn't on the field why didn't we substitutions? Corey Cooper, Harvery Jackson, P.J. Smith, and C. Osbourne I'm sure would like to have had a chance in that game among others. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Bo needs to answer for Marvin Sanders being fired. Either with results on the field or a public explanation.

Yes, someone said he should resign.

Raymond should either issue a public apology or turn in a resignation for this comment. If the talent wasn't on the field why didn't we substitutions? Corey Cooper, Harvery Jackson, P.J. Smith, and C. Osbourne I'm sure would like to have had a chance in that game among others. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Bo needs to answer for Marvin Sanders being fired. Either with results on the field or a public explanation.

Didn't notice anyone say that. Sorry

Didn't notice anyone say that. Sorry

It's all good, not mad at anyone, just thinking the arguments being presented are a little ridiculous. And it's very easy to lost in a long discussion such as this.

Here's what I like about Raymond: He isn't into the coachspeak. He's going to tell you how things are, and if you don't like it, too bad. And you can't really say he's wrong, can you? (Let the bashing of this sentence commence...) You can't truly expect players like Thorell, Blatchford to compete week in and week out againts players like Alshon Jeffrey? Cunningham from MSU? Toon, Abrederis? And if we were in the Big 12, Blackmon, Broyles, Stills, etc. Or that if Thorell, Blatchford were small town kids in Oklahoma or Louisiana, that they'd be starting for their schools there?

The second thing that I like about it him is this: After he tells you straight up what is wrong, he takes full responsibility for his position as the coach of that secondary to make sure it gets fixed. Those results can be seen already in the type of players he is recruiting and the type of players he is starting to bring into Nebraska. Not only is he trying to take responsibility for his secondary, he's tyring to bring that swagger and skill level back to all phases of that defense. You can't fault him for trying to fix the very flawed pieces of our defense that we like to complain about here on the board.

I think you missed the point

their wasn't a real point to it.

• Fire 1