Corey Raymond

majech

Yep, and when we had that "edge" when did you EVER hear our coaches publicly question our players heart, talent, and fight? Never. That is now what great coaches do. Period. Even if it is true, you don't publicly berate your players. Players need to want to run through a wall for their coaches and have 100% belief and trust in them. Do you think our secondary players will feel that way about Raymond now? I highly doubt it. It's like the kid on the playground that runs to Mommy, even if he is right...all credibility is gone.

I seem to recall Charlie McBride and Milt Tenopir being unafraid to mince words publicly when we lost games. Probably couldn't name you specific dates/games, but it wasn't like Charlie was afraid to air grievances about bad play. Uncle Milty had a few choice words after some losses too, as I recall.

That would be why we rarely saw C McB talking to the media, he had no filter, on or off the field. TO kept him pretty much under wrapsl..... :D

What I'm reading from those in the know is that Bo, JP and TO are not happy with what Raymond said about the talent he has to work with. He won't be discouraged if he decides he wants to leave and go work with better talent elsewhere.

While i dont want CR to go, I would be glad if they let him know that sort of talk doesnt belong in the media. But, Bo criticizing someone's presser..... that is golden :D

I love it and Agree 100%. We have some players on this team and we have some talent. But by no means do we have ATHLETES to go toe to toe with the SEC. I was so pissed watching the game. That Gamecock team came to play with fire and attitude. They hit us in the mouth when the ball went over the middle. Their Dline threw our oline to the ground damn near every play or around the pile. The only player we had they didnt take it and pushed back took it a little to far and got booted out of the game.

And I know everyone will disagree with me but until our kids start playing with some real fire and attitude (SUH LIKE ATTIDDUE, MAYBE THATS WHY HE WAS SO GOOD AND ACTUALLY LEARNED UNDER PELINI) and not this U hit me late and its all peachy attitude we wont compete with the BIG boys. We will still win or 8,9 games a year but nothing else.

I thought we did pretty well against their defensive line early. Burkhead is good, no question, but we were taking it to them early. The issues is maintaining that.

What I'm reading from those in the know is that Bo, JP and TO are not happy with what Raymond said about the talent he has to work with. He won't be discouraged if he decides he wants to leave and go work with better talent elsewhere.

not surprised, i am sure Raymond knows he stepped on his "member".......

Like someone stated earlier, not only was it a comment about the kids, it was a scathing critique of the previous staffs' recruitment failures/misses/or lack of development.

Unsure if they are upset at that or that is was said publicly about the kids.

I agree with what was said not the forum it was said in. I have also not seen any other articles on this so I wonder about the validity.

I was not a big fan of Raymond upon his hire or during the first 3/4 of the season. His pre-season comments about not playing as physical, Dennard and Evan's comments about changing technique as well as the inability to have guys like Osbourne or PJ Smith even sniff playing time. About game 8 it seemed that he realized physical play was ok. Green and Evans both seemed to improve. Our pass D seemed to improve. I also like that he realizes our lack of talent in the secondary. No way any of the top teams have walk-ons playing as starters. This shows either poor recruiting or inability to develop the kids.

With that being said, if he chose to move along and we could get another secondary coach that is fine as well, BUT it appears that he at least wants a mean physical secondary. Although this is in contrast to Carl calling for more physical DB play around game 6.

honestly, i hope this sh#t blows over.......we don't need a controversial first year coach.

I disagree... to a point. I think we need a coach with the balls to say something, or more importantly, do something about what was a clear gap in speed and athletic ability at certain positions.

Nebraska secondary coach Corey Raymond said the Husker defenders knew what they were supposed to do, but didn’t do it.

“It was explained to them right there before the half,” Raymond said. “We just have to execute. That’s all it is. It’s a mental breakdown.”

http://www.theindepe...6c.html?photo=0

>> The most interesting interview after the game was with Corey Raymond. The secondary coach wasn’t convinced Nebraska had enough talent to beat South Carolina, especially in the secondary.

“Just be honest,” Raymond said. “Look at them, look at us. It’s pretty obvious.”

http://sports.omaha....ch-bites-jan-3/

Wowza.

Edit, I see you added more in your post. I tend to agree with a couple things he said, but he is basically publicly saying they aren't talented. Not sure how I'd feel about my coach saying that. Hopefully it motivates them but knowing our guys it will probably have the opposite effect.

The proof is in the pudding. They messed up pretty bad. Nothing like calling it for what it is. The coach is correct and so what if the players don't like it. Either do your job or find a bus out of town.