Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

Couldn't agree more. Bo is way overrated. He has shown absolutely nothing. He has only brought us back to mediocrity, nothing more.

Yep, 9 wins is mediocre, seems to me that mediocre would be something like 6 wins on a consistent basis or 5. :confucius

Mediocrity.......Isn't that why FS was let go and BC brought in? How many games were we winning then?? As a matter of fact, what have we won in the last 4 years??

Why don't you huddle up with the kid that wants Callahan back, so you guys can wallow in your 6 or 7 win seasons. Not to mention the games you lose will be by a double digit amount starting with nothing less than a 2.

Bo's not perfect, but he's the best we've got for right now, unless one of you geniuses has the supercoach gestating in a petri dish in their basement.

Do you always have to be an a$$hat?

Couldn't agree more. Bo is way overrated. He has shown absolutely nothing. He has only brought us back to mediocrity, nothing more.

Yep, 9 wins is mediocre, seems to me that mediocre would be something like 6 wins on a consistent basis or 5. :confucius

Uh, NO? 5-6 wins for NU would mean we suck, just like the BC era. Up to 9 wins, means that we aren't any better than 1/2 the teams in the FBS. Tell me this, "What do you get for winning an average of 9 games a year"?

Answer= NOTHING

Then riddle me this Copernicus, how do you recommend we remedy this problem? Unless you know of a coach that has won at least one national title, that isn't name Schnellenberger, I think we've got the best we're going to get.

Again with the snide remarks. I would remedy this by giving Bo more time. Period. It takes time. Unless you are in some sort of HOT recruiting bed, it takes time. Patience Danielson.

And yes I had to look up Copernicus..............

No but instead of the constant complaining like a spoiled 13 year old girl, how about coming up with a viable option...

Don't be afraid to be part of the solution

Constant complaining? Where do you get that from. I said earlier that, my first comments on this subject were pointed at those that think Bo is great. He is not great, YET! I am ON Bo's side. I like Bo. I don't know what else to say to make my point any clearer. The "viable solution" in my book, is TIME.

What was the "13 year old girl" comment for.

Never have figured out why anyone puts much stock into what Jason Peter has to say, or why they think he is some kind of expert just because he played for Nebraska, then had the issues that he did afterwards... But, IMHO what he said on this particular tweet might hold a little water.

No but instead of the constant complaining like a spoiled 13 year old girl, how about coming up with a viable option...

Don't be afraid to be part of the solution

Constant complaining? Where do you get that from. I said earlier that, my first comments on this subject were pointed at those that think Bo is great. He is not great, YET! I am ON Bo's side. I like Bo. I don't know what else to say to make my point any clearer. The "viable solution" in my book, is TIME.

What was the "13 year old girl" comment for.

Um, that would be the complaining.

Jason Peter is nuts on with what he is saying!!! I can't believe the people on here talking sh#t about JP and sticking up for BO! When Callahan was fired, everybody was crying for a "Nebraska" guy to get the job, Bo was no more a Nebraska guy than Barry Switzer. 1 yr as defensive coordinator for Frank does not qualify as a Nebraska guy, but yet hoards of people on this board will talk crap about JP even though he "actually" knows the program and the dedication it takes to stand in the same shoes Bama is standing in right now. How high are you people?. JP put every ounce of everything he had into every down he played as a Nebraska Cornhusker. He is still 10 times more committed to the Nebraska Football program than any coach that is on the payroll.

Jason Peter is nuts on with what he is saying!!!

Nuts on? I don't know whether this is painful or similar to being "dead on."

I can't believe the people on here talking sh#t about JP and sticking up for BO! When Callahan was fired, everybody was crying for a "Nebraska" guy to get the job, Bo was no more a Nebraska guy than Barry Switzer. 1 yr as defensive coordinator for Frank does not qualify as a Nebraska guy, but yet hoards of people on this board will talk crap about JP even though he "actually" knows the program and the dedication it takes to stand in the same shoes Bama is standing in right now.
Quoted for epic rhymes.

How high are you people?. JP put every ounce of everything he had into every down he played as a Nebraska Cornhusker. He is still 10 times more committed to the Nebraska Football program than any coach that is on the payroll.

Just because he knows a lot about something, and has given a lot of "blood" or whatever, doesn't mean we have to put up with his arrogance or pessimistic nature. Peter can say whatever he wants, but we're allowed to do the same.

Not sure how old you are Enhance89, but JP, Tommie Frazier, Grant Wistrom, Terry Conneally, Michael Booker, Terrel Farley, etc..................if they did not have the arrogance and attitude that they had, not only would they have never played in the big game, but they would still not hold the title of the "Greatest college football team ever!" Everything he says about Pelini is true. Bo is slowly giving our program a Huge blackeye, and its the recruits i'm worried about, not the nationaly perception by outsider fans.

• Fire 1

I get what you mean about the disconnect with the kids being recruited nowadays. Probably very few outside of Nebraska that even know who he is. That the problem with recruiting now. Nobody remembers or cares about what we did 15-20 year's ago. But Jason can motivate.

I guarantee that if we got some people involved with the program that actually know what its like to be Nebraska Cornhuskers, it would ignite the program. NU football doesn't need a 5 million dollar a yr coach, obviosly we don't need a 3 million dollar a yr coach. What our program needs is to hire someone like Grant Wistrom, bring in JP for whatever he wants to do. GW has enough connections through the NFL that he could randomly put together a better assistant coaching staff than our last 3 head coaches combind. Not sure if they would be interested, but if I was T.O., I was damn sure ask. They would be true "Nebraska guys", and we already know they aren't afraid of a challenge.