Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

So six wins were good.

If that's what you got from my post then I'll explain what I meant a in a little more detail. I would've liked to see us win a conference title by now. But we haven't and I'm certainly not gathering up the townsfolk with their torches and pitchforks and running to Bo Pelini's house so that we may set it on fire and rid ourselves of his presence.

Why? Because we're making bowl games and on top of that, we're winning at least ~75% of our games every season. Had we been 6-6 or 7-5 for four years running I would be wanting him out of here. But we're not. The lowest we've gotten is 9-4, although not the prettiest girl in my class, is one that I could definitely be able to live with.

Wow, do NOT have enough time right now to read 6 pages, but the little I did skim I didn't see this, so I'll say it:

Anyone taking issue with his comment needs to podcast the entire interview. It was a VERY good interview. Never once did Jason do the "back when I played..." that he's so well-known for, never once did he say Bo was not the right guy for the job. He is a fiery guy (just like Bo, which is what 99% of you claim to love) that speaks his mind and LOVES his university. He was ASKED to go on the radio show, he was ASKED to answer some questions. He didn't call Bo out, he made an observation that my 12 year old cousin was able to make.

And for he people dumpin on him for his drug addiction - he's more of a man than any of us will ever be. Battling that and becoming sober is a hell of a lot harder than sitting behind a computer trying to act like you know something about football.

• Fire 1

No way was Sanders dismissed because he wouldn't question Pelini. I don't get this: where did this whole Pelini hires assistants who will only say yes to him idea come from? Was it just something that you all collectively decided to pull out of your asses and try back it with meaningless, unsubstantiated, unrelated facts?

Are you kidding me? Dude, a little reality check here! Pelini hires? John Papuchis as defensive coordinator? Hell he could not even coach the special teams. Just look at the bowl game, (essentially, those were his guys), a missed extra point (resulting in a two point swing for the opponent), a long kick off return, and a missed field goal. Also, what about our receivers coach, Rich Fisher? What the hell is it that NU cannot catch and hold on to a pass? Marlow's dropped ball ring a bell? Something has been critically missing in the receiving corps the last couple of years under Pelini's hires. Moving your receivers coach to a position, (running backs coach), who has never coached that position before? What the hell is up with that? All these things are meaningful, substantiated, and related to winning the damned game. Pelini's hires? And, this does not even address the ineptness of Barney Cotton as the Offensive Line coach. They are weak at best.

You can say that all you want but give me any sort of evidence that Bo surrounds himself with yes men. Until then I will believe and defend the idea that Bo and Tom Osborne are taking this program in the direction they want to take it. You can't say, well he hired this guy instead of this other "more qualified" guy because he just wants to control every part of the team without any questioning. Those two things completely unrelated.

More so, in your quest to prove to me that Bo Pelini hires only yes men, you took results on the field and used that as evidence. I'm sorry, but whenever you try to use stuff that happens on the field and try to accredit to the "Bo Pelini yes men" idea, you're not doing a good job proving your point.

My point is simple. Pelini hired below average coaches. We have poor assistant position coaches and poor talent. Why do you think he hired these folks? They are his "yes men". Stuff that happens on the field is evidence of poor coaching. Penalties, missed blocks, lack of concentration, dropped balls, fumbles, all of this is lack of detail by coaching and execution of inferior athletes.

Please go up to every one of our 'inferior' athletes who are doing a whole hell of a lot more on the field than you are, and tell them they are 'inferior'. Let me know how that goes.

Free wings for our "300th" post. Fast fingers required. Yeah I said it. This post is about to hit 300! Can we all agree to disagree and move on? Post idea- I think Nebraska needs a new identity as far as stadium food. Runzas valentinos and fairbury hot dogs! How about mountain oysters!!! We could call em Bos balls. Quite fitting considering the amount of times he's been castrated lately!

Wow, do NOT have enough time right now to read 6 pages, but the little I did skim I didn't see this, so I'll say it:

Anyone taking issue with his comment needs to podcast the entire interview. It was a VERY good interview. Never once did Jason do the "back when I played..." that he's so well-known for, never once did he say Bo was not the right guy for the job. He is a fiery guy (just like Bo, which is what 99% of you claim to love) that speaks his mind and LOVES his university. He was ASKED to go on the radio show, he was ASKED to answer some questions. He didn't call Bo out, he made an observation that my 12 year old cousin was able to make.

And for he people dumpin on him for his drug addiction - he's more of a man than any of us will ever be. Battling that and becoming sober is a hell of a lot harder than sitting behind a computer trying to act like you know something about football.

Let me direct you to my problem with Peter's comments. I've quoted something I said to another poster, so just know this isn't directed at you.

Let me break down exactly what Jason Peter said. He's saying that if Pelini wants to get angry on the sidelines, then he better start winning championships. Essentially - get angry, win championships, and then I'll accept you for the job you're doing.

What the hell does that even mean? By extension - if Pelini doesn't get angry on the sideline, and loses a bunch of games, does Peter not have a problem with Pelini? Does Peter even see the dichotomy between these two ideas? No - of course he doesn't. And he doesn't because he's arrogant. That said, I have absolutely no problem with arrogance, as I believe some of the most successful people have a level of arrogance to them. But I only accept arrogance if it can be supported intelligently. Peter's statement makes no sense and adds to the laundry list of bullsh*t that comes out of his mouth.

My point is simple. Pelini hired below average coaches. We have poor assistant position coaches and poor talent. Why do you think he hired these folks? They are his "yes men". Stuff that happens on the field is evidence of poor coaching. Penalties, missed blocks, lack of concentration, dropped balls, fumbles, all of this is lack of detail by coaching and execution of inferior athletes.

I'm getting real sick of this "yes man" concept. The statement is so full of conjecture that it's hard to take it for anything other than bullsh*t. Please do not use it as a means to prove your point, because the man who started the idea publicly (Tommie Frazier) isn't as close to the coaches and the program as you might suspect. Just because he's a former player doesn't mean he's at every practice, in a coach meeting or knows even a shred of information about these guys.

I'm not saying he knows nothing, as I know he has interviewed some of them and maintains good relationships with the AD and coaches, but come on. There's no way Frazier knows what he's talking about. I see Pelini and his assistants behaving the same way that every other coaching staff does. Furthermore, coaches hire people they know, can trust and can go along with one another. The point your trying to make has little to no foundation.

I'm also not saying that we don't have problems with penalties, missed blocks, lack of concentration, etc., but here's something to chew on. Name the most consistently inconsistent unit under Pelini - offense. Name the unit with the most coaching changes - offense. Name the unit that has been more riddled with injuries the last four years - offense.

You're ignoring all of this and simply attaching it to the idea that Pelini is a dictator and his coaches know nothing.