Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

Jason Peter has been and always will be 150% Big Red. He lives for this program and I remind you....PLAYED FOR THIS PROGRAM. You once a Husker always a Husker folks sure seem to pick and choose who that applies to. This man has poured more blood and sweat for this program than any of you. He was part of some of the greatest most dominant teams in Nebraska history.

HIS OPINION IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE MORE VALID AND LEGITIMATE THAN ANY OF YOURS.

No, I've been a Husker fan for around 18 more years that JP...and I graduated from UNL. IMO those 18 years more than make up for the 5 years he played at NU. ALL I've ever known is Husker FB...JP can't say that.

You holier than thou types that frequent this message board and others are absolutely pathetic in my opinion. Among the scum of the earth. Most of you could have your lives analyzed from beginning to end and if they made a movie of it, it would probably include some pretty pitiful things. You can sit here behind your computer monitors and act like your sh#t don't stink though. Fact is, Jason Peter made some mistakes, he's been very open and honest about it. He wrote a damn book about it. He's not hiding from it. What are some of you hiding from? The man has an opinion just like the rest of us. The way I see it, his opinion is backed up by far more knowledge of the game and this program than any of you have. He lived it. You all have not.

I agree it's low to talk about his past problems that he has worked on and so far been successful at fixing...as far as we know anyway.

Jason Peter has been and always will be 150% Big Red. He lives for this program and I remind you....PLAYED FOR THIS PROGRAM. You once a Husker always a Husker folks sure seem to pick and choose who that applies to. This man has poured more blood and sweat for this program than any of you. He was part of some of the greatest most dominant teams in Nebraska history.

HIS OPINION IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE MORE VALID AND LEGITIMATE THAN ANY OF YOURS.

So everybody should just stop commenting on message boards because, obviously, someone knows more than any of us. Your pretentious and holier-than-thou attitude isn't any better than the people who are bashing Jason Peter. Furthermore, a person in power or an experienced person isn't always right. Is their opinion more valid than others? Sure. Does that mean they're right about everything? Absolutely not.

Lastly, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but almost everything comes down to delivery. Jason Peter, despite being a great player, acts like a total ass hat in social mediums, is pretentious at times and clearly believes his opinion is great. It's impossible to take anyone seriously when they carry themselves like that. Do I respect his opinion? Yes. Do I respect his personality? To be honest...not really.

Couldn't agree more. Bo is way overrated. He has shown absolutely nothing. He has only brought us back to mediocrity, nothing more.

Yep, 9 wins is mediocre, seems to me that mediocre would be something like 6 wins on a consistent basis or 5. :confucius

It depends on the program. For programs where football isn't a religion and you don't attend church on Saturdays with 80,000+ other people, yeah, 5-6 wins on a consistent basis is mediocre. Head down to SEC country and ask them what a mediocre season is. Anybody who says 5-6 wins has probably never watched their team win a conference championship, much less national. Realistic or not, I'm not trading in my expectations for some borderline-complacent attitude that a 9-win season with no chance for a conference championship and a trip to a bowl game that even the players don't care about is "good enough".

Hammerhead, I agree with you. Nine wins isn't exactly ideal. However, I definitely wouldn't call what Bo has done mediocre. He took one of the worst defenses Nebraska has ever had and turned them into a top ten defense in just two years. IMO Bo has set next year up to be a possible recurrence of a top defense if he finds the right pieces to plug in. The offense should be improved next year as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the one-two punch of Burkhead and Marrow.

Just curious, how many people bashing Jason Peter now were cheering him on when he was taking Callahan to task for his coaching performance?

Exactly! Jason Peter knows what the hell he is talking about. I would put him up against any one of the D line we have now. He would kick their Azzzzes.

Exactly. The man has more passion for this program than anyone I've seen in or around this program in a long time. He has more guts and toughness than any single player on this current defense too. Jason Peter and Tommie Frazier happen to be two of my favorite former Huskers. One, because of the way they played the game and represented Nebraska. Two, because they are honest, don't sugarcoat a damn thing and they genuinely want to see this program dominate again. Whether their opinions are right or wrong, (they are usually right) the fact is they say what they believe and they have insight into this program.

And honestly, I don't think anyone is debating that they have insight into this program. Where some people, myself included have a problem is when a person like Jason Peter, who although he did tremendous things for this program, is a former drug addict calls out our coach on his character.

Another thing, do you think Jason would be saying anything about Bo Pelini if we were winning 10-11 games a year, were constantly in CCGs and BCS games with the occasional MNC? It'd be okay when we're winning, but when we're losing it's not. That's a shi**y double standard.

Being addicted to drugs or anything says nothing about your character, that's just ridiculous. I've known people who have wound up addicted for the exact same reasons he did-- injury and pain. You end up trying whatever you can to take the edge off of and injury or to prevent pain. What says something about your character is how willing you are to steal from or otherwise hurt others to feed your habit. As far as I know, he started out on prescription pain killers for chronic neck and back injury. It just turns out that lot of drugs that are illegal work in similar and sometimes better ways than legal drugs (did you know that heroin, though under a different name is used as a pain killer? Cocaine is also an anesthetic.) . When your prescriptions run out, sometimes it's easier to get illegal stuff. It happens. And, hey, he battled addiction, pain, and came out on top of it. That seems to be a positive indicator of character.

No, I've been a Husker fan for around 18 more years that JP...and I graduated from UNL. IMO those 18 years more than make up for the 5 years he played at NU. ALL I've ever known is Husker FB...JP can't say that.

It wouldn't matter if you were a Husker fan for 18,000 years, any credibility that was once there, dissipated like a bad fart in a car once that the "I wish Callahan" turd in the punchbowl was unleashed.

• Fire 1

Couldn't agree more. Bo is way overrated. He has shown absolutely nothing. He has only brought us back to mediocrity, nothing more.

Yep, 9 wins is mediocre, seems to me that mediocre would be something like 6 wins on a consistent basis or 5. :confucius

Mediocrity.......Isn't that why FS was let go and BC brought in? How many games were we winning then?? As a matter of fact, what have we won in the last 4 years??

Mediocrity.......Isn't that why FS was let go and BC brought in? How many games were we winning then?? As a matter of fact, what have we won in the last 4 years??

Why don't you huddle up with the kid that wants Callahan back, so you guys can wallow in your 6 or 7 win seasons. Not to mention the games you lose will be by a double digit amount starting with nothing less than a 2.

Bo's not perfect, but he's the best we've got for right now, unless one of you geniuses has the supercoach gestating in a petri dish in their basement.

So we should follow the Pedey tradition, fire Bo for winning only 9 or 10 games and bring in the next Clownahan?

Haha....we do something that outrageously stupid "again" (twice in a decade), move over Minnesota.....we're taking your place.

A guy would think we would learn someday. Last time no good coaches would touch us with a ten foot pole after firing Frank/Bo for winning 10 games. I remember U. Meyer laughing at how crazy that was. So, 6th or 7th down list of coaches we wanted we finally found someone who would take the job. Surprise, surprise....a just fired NFL reject. Gee, how shocking that ended up as a total disaster.

Do we "really" want to do that again?

Uh, NO? 5-6 wins for NU would mean we suck, just like the BC era. Up to 9 wins, means that we aren't any better than 1/2 the teams in the FBS. Tell me this, "What do you get for winning an average of 9 games a year"?

Answer= NOTHING

So we should follow the Pedey tradition, fire Bo for winning only 9 or 10 games and bring in the next Clownahan?

Haha....we do something that outrageously stupid "again" (twice in a decade), move over Minnesota.....we're taking your place.

A guy would think we would learn someday. Last time no good coaches would touch us with a ten foot pole after firing Frank/Bo for winning 10 games. I remember U. Meyer laughing at how crazy that was. So, 6th or 7th down list of coaches we wanted we finally found someone who would take the job. Surprise, surprise....a just fired NFL reject. Gee, how shocking that ended up as a total disaster.

Do we "really" want to do that again?

bshirt.....you surprise me. Do you really think that is what I want? Hell no it isn't. I think Bo will turn that corner soon enough. This is about those that think Bo's sh*t don't stink. They think he is doing a great job and he is not. Look at his hires and his yearly records. I will take this any day of the week and twice on Sunday, than to go back to what we had with BC. That dude was scum of the earth.

In no way shape or form do we want to do that again.

Uh, NO? 5-6 wins for NU would mean we suck, just like the BC era. Up to 9 wins, means that we aren't any better than 1/2 the teams in the FBS. Tell me this, "What do you get for winning an average of 9 games a year"?

Answer= NOTHING

Then riddle me this Copernicus, how do you recommend we remedy this problem? Unless you know of a coach that has won at least one national title, that isn't name Schnellenberger, I think we've got the best we're going to get.