Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

DId you also see the segment: Welcome to my Office on BTN? I guess he was really good on that show as well (My husband watched it and said that is a side of Bo that most people don't get to see.)

I saw that show on BTN. During the episode, the reporter asked Bo a question about his Father and something about what he remembered about him or something, I don't remember the exact question. Bo went on to answer the question by saying that his Father fought in WWII and Bo thought, I repeat THOUGHT he had fought in the Battle of the Bulge. The Battle of the Bulge was the largest and probably worst battle in all of WWII. You either KNOW your Father fought in it or you don't. Bo was simply making up random BS that sounded good.

I thought Bo Pelini was an idiot after watching that show.

DId you also see the segment: Welcome to my Office on BTN? I guess he was really good on that show as well (My husband watched it and said that is a side of Bo that most people don't get to see.)

I saw that show on BTN. During the episode, the reporter asked Bo a question about his Father and something about what he remembered about him or something, I don't remember the exact question. Bo went on to answer the question by saying that his Father fought in WWII and Bo thought, I repeat THOUGHT he had fought in the Battle of the Bulge. The Battle of the Bulge was the largest and probably worst battle in all of WWII. You either KNOW your Father fought in it or you don't. Bo

was simply making up random BS that sounded good.

I do not buy that arguement about the war. I have fought in many major battles, and my wife, nor my son know anything about them. It is something that most veterans do not talk about, they just wanted it over. Most have no real pride in what they did, but are proud of this country and proud they defended it. It was a job that had to be done. Job over, forget about as quickly as possible was and is my moto.

No shame in what Bo said.

Polo I hope they are great and we get everyone we want. you know I truly do.

These things have grown and they are becoming history of Bo. They will only grow if it continues.

I do not live in Nebraska, and I hear it nearly every single day. I can not believe it is not being discussed in Nebraska. I would guess there are a lot of unhappy Nebraska fans, as it seems more are speaking out here about his actions. I know he is tracked by the media and TV. It is not fair, but that is the situation it seems.

I hope he makes it, not so much for his sake, but for Nebraska's sake.

I do not buy that arguement about the war. I have fought in many major battles, and my wife, nor my son know anything about them. It is something that most veterans do not talk about, they just wanted it over. Most have no real pride in what they did, but are proud of this country and proud they defended it. It was a job that had to be done. Job over, forget about as quickly as possible was and is my moto.

I understand that a lot of people dont talk about that stuff and many family members don't know details like that. So if Bo doesn't know 100% that his Father fought in the Battle of the Bulge, why say you think he did? It really made him sound like he didn't know what he was talking about and was just making stuff up.

That would be like saying..."I think my dad was in the towers on 9/11 but Im not sure, he was in NYC that day though"

I saw that show on BTN. During the episode, the reporter asked Bo a question about his Father and something about what he remembered about him or something, I don't remember the exact question. Bo went on to answer the question by saying that his Father fought in WWII and Bo thought, I repeat THOUGHT he had fought in the Battle of the Bulge. The Battle of the Bulge was the largest and probably worst battle in all of WWII. You either KNOW your Father fought in it or you don't. Bo was simply making up random BS that sounded good.

I didn't watch the show but a lot of vets from the war didn't like to talk about it. My father-in-law never talked about the war. My sister-in-law said that he had to go to some of the concentration camps or prisoner of war camps. It was horrendous. So, respectfully, I have to disagree with you. Many of those men were never the same after that war. So, I think you need to be careful about saying that a person should know what their dad did in the war or didn't. imo.

So, I think you need to be careful about saying that a person should know what their dad did in the war or didn't. imo.

Im not saying they should know all the details. Im saying they shouldn't pull stuff out of their a$$ unless they are completely positive it happened.

My Grandfather fought in WWII. I have no idea what he did in it. Im not about to go around telling people that I think he fought in The Battle of the Bulge. That would be absurd.

Jason Peter has been and always will be 150% Big Red. He lives for this program and I remind you....PLAYED FOR THIS PROGRAM. You once a Husker always a Husker folks sure seem to pick and choose who that applies to. This man has poured more blood and sweat for this program than any of you. He was part of some of the greatest most dominant teams in Nebraska history.

HIS OPINION IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE MORE VALID AND LEGITIMATE THAN ANY OF YOURS.

BS. He failed after collage and became nothing more than an addict. I will give him a pat on the back for getting cleaned up, but as far as his commits on NU football he's nothing more than a narrow minded idiot. He's not capable of getting out of the 90's.

These things have grown and they are becoming history of Bo. They will only grow if it continues.

I do not live in Nebraska, and I hear it nearly every single day. I can not believe it is not being discussed in Nebraska. I would guess there are a lot of unhappy Nebraska fans, as it seems more are speaking out here about his actions. I know he is tracked by the media and TV. It is not fair, but that is the situation it seems.

Great Post. from one Vet to another Thank You.

Great Post. from one Vet to another Thank You.

To both of you gentlemen: Thank you for serving our country. :)

So, I think you need to be careful about saying that a person should know what their dad did in the war or didn't. imo.

Im not saying they should know all the details. Im saying they shouldn't pull stuff out of their a$$ unless they are completely positive it happened.

My Grandfather fought in WWII. I have no idea what he did in it. Im not about to go around telling people that I think he fought in The Battle of the Bulge. That would be absurd.

Lots of things to consider: Maybe he wasn't sure of the exact war, maybe he was nervous-first time on B1G television. I can see your point but I can understand Bo not being altogether sure about what he said as well.

Not to derail the thread, but what??? My grandfather fought in World War II, and he never talks about the war. I remember asking my dad - "Dad, do you know what battles grandpa fought in the war?" to which my dad replied he never really asked and grandpa never really talked about it. Harping on Pelini for not knowing his father's World War II history is a complete BS thing to criticize Pelini for. Some people just didn't and still don't talk about it. My dad knows very little about my grandpa's war history - that doesn't make him a bad person.

• Fire 1
But most are missing the point. It really does not make any difference what we think as a fan base. No one really cares. If the program nationally is percieved as being run by a man out of control, abusive, irrational to the media and his own fan base that hurts us as a program and will hurt us in recruiting. I really do not think most want Bo gone, they want Bo to do the job so that the program comes out in the best light. I am sure there are discussions going on about his actions during this game. Which in my opinion were no where as bad as made out to be. He has made improvement over VaTech and ATM. But anything he does is instant TV material. They follow him like vultures, waiting for the blood to drop. He has to be aware of it. I do not know if it affects the players, some think it does. Hard to tell with kids. But it is a nationwide opinion and that is the concern I have. My guess is that we are going to see more of Tom closer to the field for awhile, possibly intercepting things from the press. Bo needs help right now and he needs our support. But he needs to understand that he lives in a glass house/fish bowl. He is good man I think and he will figure this out.

I agree. He really is a gifted coach with regards to defense. However, he's young. I can say that 'cause I'm older than dirt! lol I would love for DR. Tom Osborne to use his psychology degree and help Bo with some anger management. I'm sure he has had some experience with that when he coached his players. Interesting that we didn't see that kind of behavior from Bo when he was coaching defense for us or did we? I can't remember seeing it but then the media didn't have him under a microscope like they do now. I think he's grown signficantly in that department. He just needs some better scripts. Truly. Not a 'coach-speak script, just some ways to describe the information he wants to get across. People have speaking coaches all the time. If Bo was willing, he could make great improvements in this area. He already has the potential. I still remember how humbled and vulnerable he was after the Penn State game this year. It was really impressive. If he could speak with the media and have that demeanor all the time. Oh My Gosh! It would really make a difference. I don't know, we've come so close so many times. We have some missing pieces and maybe, just maybe next year or 2013 (if we keep Bo that long) will be break out years. Once Bo has a few B1G championships under his belt, beats wins some BCS bowls and finally the MNC well, it will be interesting to see how this board will change it's tune. Yep, I'm probably the #1 'Susie Sunshine-Pumper (I think that's what they call it) but I just have this strange feeling that we're going to be big again some day. (I'm only drinking water :) ) Just my opinion. I love our team, I adore our AD-Great guy (couldn't talk him into wearing the coach's hat again could we? Nah, Nancy wouldn't have it! ;) I'm not ready to give up on this team and its coaches yet. GBR!

After K-State put a beat down on us, he ran out and ranted and raved at Bill Snyder. I was throughly embarrassed by that as a Husker fan. I bet that was a proud moment for Bill. He never beat NU under TO and on that day the NU DC was screaming at him for running up the score....had to have been a satisfying moment for Bill. Embarrassing for me. I didn't want Bo hired as our HC because of that. He changed my mind in the press conference announcing his hiring though, I was thrilled to have him here. He really impressed me in that presser. He truly seemed to "get" Nebraska. I'm not so certain any more though.

That's why I said 'or did we' because I couldn't remember but now that you bring it up, yeah that wasn't cool at all. I was impressed with that presser and the presser after the Penn State this year. DId you also see the segment: Welcome to my Office on BTN? I guess he was really good on that show as well (My husband watched it and said that is a side of Bo that most people don't get to see.) I think Bo has the potential to be a great coach but right now he's in a tough spot. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he doesn't delegate very well. He HAS to let go of some things and trust his coaches to do their job, otherwise he will simply burn out.

I didn't see it. I tried to DVR it, but failed. I really hope Bo succeeds as well, I really think he is a stand up guy.

I saw pics of him at a hospital in Omaha visiting an 8 year old boy that was dying. I didn't know the child, but he was a friend of friend and I followed the situation on Caringbridge.org. His parents posted a pic on their page of Bo with him in the middle of the night. I was thoroughly impressed. He is such a target of the media and he could have totally used that situation to benefit himself, but he didn't. In fact, he went late at night to avoid the media. His image was not what mattered that night. He brought some joy to that child's life and as a parent of a son who was the same age as that boy, I respected the hell out of that. That is the type of man that I want leading the Huskers.

Not to derail the thread, but what??? My grandfather fought in World War II, and he never talks about the war. I remember asking my dad - "Dad, do you know what battles grandpa fought in the war?" to which my dad replied he never really asked and grandpa never really talked about it. Harping on Pelini for not knowing his father's World War II history is a complete BS thing to criticize Pelini for. Some people just didn't and still don't talk about it. My dad knows very little about my grandpa's war history - that doesn't make him a bad person.

Try reading the last few posts above yours. Reading usually helps you understand the context of the topic being discussed.

I also bet your dad doesn't go around telling people that his dad fought in The Battle of the Bulge.

• Fire 1