Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

Not sure how old you are Enhance89, but JP, Tommie Frazier, Grant Wistrom, Terry Conneally, Michael Booker, Terrel Farley, etc..................if they did not have the arrogance and attitude that they had, not only would they have never played in the big game, but they would still not hold the title of the "Greatest college football team ever!" Everything he says about Pelini is true. Bo is slowly giving our program a Huge blackeye, and its the recruits i'm worried about, not the nationaly perception by outsider fans.

So we shouldn't be having this discussion then. He should be hired as the head coach because he can CLEARLY do a better job. He can say what he wants about what he thinks of the state of this program, but just because he was a former player who played in the big game doesn't mean that we have to blindly follow and agree with everything he says. Just like he has the right to say what he thinks, we have the right to disagree with him.

I guarantee that if we got some people involved with the program that actually know what its like to be Nebraska Cornhuskers, it would ignite the program. NU football doesn't need a 5 million dollar a yr coach, obviosly we don't need a 3 million dollar a yr coach. What our program needs is to hire someone like Grant Wistrom, bring in JP for whatever he wants to do. GW has enough connections through the NFL that he could randomly put together a better assistant coaching staff than our last 3 head coaches combind. Not sure if they would be interested, but if I was T.O., I was damn sure ask. They would be true "Nebraska guys", and we already know they aren't afraid of a challenge.

Les Miles wasn't an LSU man

Nick Saban wasn't an Alabama man

There is nothing to say that if we bring in people who know what it's like to be a Husker, that it will ignite some sort of fuse in this program.

I get what you mean about the disconnect with the kids being recruited nowadays. Probably very few outside of Nebraska that even know who he is. That the problem with recruiting now. Nobody remembers or cares about what we did 15-20 year's ago. But Jason can motivate.

I will agree with you, he could be a great motivator for what he's gone through. He could easily talk about what it was like playing for NU but that would mean he would need to curve his personal opinion about the state of the program now.

I don't think he's capable of doing that. He runs his mouth because radio allows him too.

I get what you mean about the disconnect with the kids being recruited nowadays. Probably very few outside of Nebraska that even know who he is. That the problem with recruiting now. Nobody remembers or cares about what we did 15-20 year's ago. But Jason can motivate.

that's not a problem with recruiting. Is it tougher for nu to recruit because of it? Maybe, maybe not.

And please give an example of how Jason peter can/could motivate these 18-22 year old young men. Showing videos of old football games doesn't work, they can do that on YouTube if they really feel like it.

I guarantee that if we got some people involved with the program that actually know what its like to be Nebraska Cornhuskers, it would ignite the program. NU football doesn't need a 5 million dollar a yr coach, obviosly we don't need a 3 million dollar a yr coach. What our program needs is to hire someone like Grant Wistrom, bring in JP for whatever he wants to do. GW has enough connections through the NFL that he could randomly put together a better assistant coaching staff than our last 3 head coaches combind. Not sure if they would be interested, but if I was T.O., I was damn sure ask. They would be true "Nebraska guys", and we already know they aren't afraid of a challenge.

what???? :confucius :confucius

To ByeBye...............its been over 10 yrs since we have even been in the NC talk...............what the hell is it going to take for you to realize that!!!!! We haven't won a conferencel title since 1999!!!!!!!!!!!! Les Miles and Nick Saban have won National Championships in their first 3 yrs, get it through your head man, The college football world has already passed us by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how old you are Enhance89, but JP, Tommie Frazier, Grant Wistrom, Terry Conneally, Michael Booker, Terrel Farley, etc..................if they did not have the arrogance and attitude that they had, not only would they have never played in the big game, but they would still not hold the title of the "Greatest college football team ever!" Everything he says about Pelini is true. Bo is slowly giving our program a Huge blackeye, and its the recruits i'm worried about, not the nationaly perception by outsider fans.

Tell me ONE thing that JP has said about MP, that has been wrong, or over the top? JUST ONE THING that Jason Peter has been wrong on...................

If you prefer to blindly follow the word of former players, power to you. I, however, choose to think for myself and form my own conclusions on things.

Let me break down exactly what Jason Peter said. He's saying that if Pelini wants to get angry on the sidelines, then he better start winning championships. Essentially - get angry, win championships, and then I'll accept you for the job you're doing.

What the hell does that even mean? By extension - if Pelini doesn't get angry on the sideline, and loses a bunch of games, does Peter not have a problem with Pelini? Does Peter even see the dichotomy between these two ideas? No - of course he doesn't. And he doesn't because he's arrogant. That said, I have absolutely no problem with arrogance, as I believe some of the most successful people have a level of arrogance to them. But I only accept arrogance if it can be supported intelligently. Peter's statement makes no sense and adds to the laundry list of bullsh*t that comes out of his mouth.

To ByeBye...............its been over 10 yrs since we have even been in the NC talk...............what the hell is it going to take for you to realize that!!!!! We haven't won a conferencel title since 1999!!!!!!!!!!!! Les Miles and Nick Saban have won National Championships in their first 3 yrs, get it through your head man, The college football world has already passed us by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you were making the claim that we need to get Nebraska guys in our program to spark a title run. I was just saying to you that neither coach who coached in the national championship last night was a man of their respective schools [Les not an LSU man, Saban not an Alabama man]. Get this through your head: what makes you think that if we bring some former Husker players in that they will somehow spark a make believe fairy tale national championship run?

Want another example?

Urban Meyer was not a Florida man

There is no guarantee that bringing in former Husker players will all of sudden bring us success.

MLB51..............Mark Pelini is just hiring people who will only say yes to him. He is NEVER going to hire anyone who will question any decision that he makes!!!!! Doesn't any was else on this board find it amusing that the first person his brother hired at his new school was Marvin Sanders, who left or was fired(still don't know what happened officially). It looked to me like our DB coaching took a big hit because of it this season.