Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

Urban Meyer and Les Miles ARE 5 million dollar a year coaches!! You cannot tell me in good consciounce that paying someone like GW 3 mil a year would not get, at the very least the same results that Pelini is getting? And trust me, if you don't understand that having Pelini is really hurting our recruitng , then you are definately not seeing the BIG picture.

MLB51..............Mark Pelini is just hiring people who will only say yes to him. He is NEVER going to hire anyone who will question any decision that he makes!!!!! Doesn't any was else on this board find it amusing that the first person his brother hired at his new school was Marvin Sanders, who left or was fired(still don't know what happened officially). It looked to me like our DB coaching took a big hit because of it this season.

Two things that downgrade your validity in this argument.

1) Mark Pelini? Really? Mark? I don't care if it's his first name or not - his professional name is Bo. Being coy and or pretentious isn't a way to get people to take you seriously.

2) We lost Eric Hagg, Prince Amukamara and Dejon Gomes to the NFL last year. Most of the 120 FBS schools out there don't just replace that kind of talent at the flip of a switch. Personally, I think our secondary made a lot of improvements as the year went on at certain positions. They weren't perfect and they made mistakes, but it's far too early to write off the new coach or the players. It seems to me you're just taking other people's poorly constructed arguments and using them to support your own inane argument.

Urban Meyer and Les Miles ARE 5 million dollar a year coaches!! You cannot tell me in good consciounce that paying someone like GW 3 mil a year would not get, at the very least the same results that Pelini is getting? And trust me, if you don't understand that having Pelini is really hurting our recruitng , then you are definately not seeing the BIG picture.

Where is this idea that Pelini is a horrible recruiter coming from as well? And I don't mean slightly below average in a year or two...I mean WAY BELOW AVERAGE CONSISTENTLY. How is he a horrible recruiter? If you aren't seeing some of the recruits he's pulling in this year, then it is you my friend who is not seeing the big picture.

More about the big picture: since when is blindly following what a former Husker player said and not making your own opinion seeing the big picture?

BBB12.............are you serious? REALLY???? does that even need a response????.....................He just hired a guy from Iowa who was about to be fired...................instead of getting a level one DC like Stoops, he promotes a guy already on his staff that has does nothing impressive? Keep drinkin the cool aid dude

It's the way Bo wants to take the program. I can't say the reason as to why Stoops wasn't hired here...maybe HE didn't want to come here. But what I can say for certain is that it wasn't because Bo surrounds himself with "yes-men".

Edit: By the way, what has Mark Stoops done that was sooooo impressive. Coach Arizona to mediocrity. Get demolished 33-0 by Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl? Sounds impressive to me.

Tommie Frazier started this idea, I believe, during an hour long sports show on 590. And since panhandle is obviously a former-husker fanboy, it makes sense that he would support this conclusion without question despite the obvious holes in the argument. The biggest hole, of course, is the fact that the entire idea is purely conjecture. It's about as valid as the people who get on here and say Pelini has lost the team, when all the evidence points to the contrary.

enhance....most of the DB's that played this year , were playing alot last year, they just weren't the same guys. Instead of playing bump and run, they were lined up 12yds off the ball, got burned bad, no ingame tweaks. Your right, maybe it wasn't the DB coaches fault, but it was definately the DC job to do that....................and we all know who that is

enhance....most of the DB's that played this year , were playing alot last year, they just weren't the same guys. Instead of playing bump and run, they were lined up 12yds off the ball, got burned bad, no ingame tweaks. Your right, maybe it wasn't the DB coaches fault, but it was definately the DC job to do that....................and we all know who that is

That's not even remotely true. Amukamara was in almost every snap, as was Gomes and Hagg. Regardless, you don't just lose three guys to the NFL and pick up the pieces where they left off. This is completely unreasonable. Furthermore, the change in secondary philosophy was an overall coaching decision, as Pelini talked about in the off-season, because he felt the B1G would not let them get away with the same kind of tough coverage they perfected in the Big 12. As the season went on, we started playing tougher coverage once Dennard got better. Once Dennard got healthy the secondary changed face completely, and the unit got better. It only makes sense to play deeper coverage when your best DB isn't on the field, or isn't 100%.

Give me one shred of evidence that points to the contrary!!!! I watch the games. Tell me this, Mark was 10 feet away when the fight broke out between fonzi and the other reciever, and he DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO BREAK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIce head coach. TO would of stepped into that, thats a fact!!!!!!!!!!! So for all you Mark lovers, explain why he didn't try to save one of his best players from being booted from the game?

Give me one shred of evidence that points to the contrary!!!! I watch the games. Tell me this, Mark was 10 feet away when the fight broke out between fonzi and the other reciever, and he DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO BREAK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIce head coach. TO would of stepped into that, thats a fact!!!!!!!!!!! So for all you Mark lovers, explain why he didn't try to save one of his best players from being booted from the game?

I involuntarily put my palm into my face just now. I would like to congratulate you at being the first poster to ever make me do this, and that's saying something.

I watch the games, as well, and I can tell you (without hesitation) that those three players played a majority of the snaps last year. A vast majority. Regardless, you argument is poorly formulated and ridiculous. Losing three guys to the NFL is nothing to scoff at, and you don't replace that kind of talent quickly or easily. If you live in a world that believes this, then please come back to reality.

Lastly, I don't know many coaches that would break up a fight between two players on the field, and the concept that Osborne himself would have broken up that fight is so stupid, so idiotic, and so peskily dumbfounding, that it's quite obvious you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and trolling the hell out of this thread. I, for one, am not going to respond to someone who formulates arguments worse than my 12 year old cousin. AND THAT'S A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!@#$!$^$)(^)@$#_)_{_)_!#_$!+@#${%($#

No way was Sanders dismissed because he wouldn't question Pelini. I don't get this: where did this whole Pelini hires assistants who will only say yes to him idea come from? Was it just something that you all collectively decided to pull out of your asses and try back it with meaningless, unsubstantiated, unrelated facts?

Are you kidding me? Dude, a little reality check here! Pelini hires? John Papuchis as defensive coordinator? Hell he could not even coach the special teams. Just look at the bowl game, (essentially, those were his guys), a missed extra point (resulting in a two point swing for the opponent), a long kick off return, and a missed field goal. Also, what about our receivers coach, Rich Fisher? What the hell is it that NU cannot catch and hold on to a pass? Marlow's dropped ball ring a bell? Something has been critically missing in the receiving corps the last couple of years under Pelini's hires. Moving your receivers coach to a position, (running backs coach), who has never coached that position before? What the hell is up with that? All these things are meaningful, substantiated, and related to winning the damned game. Pelini's hires? And, this does not even address the ineptness of Barney Cotton as the Offensive Line coach. They are weak at best.

enhance, keep telling yourself that you are right. keep bragging to your friends that NU won 9 games again(even though we play 13 or 14 a yr now), keep feeling good about being the 5th or 6th best team in the big10(be very glad we arent in the SEC), and keep being very proud that our HC is(without a doubt), the biggest a-hole in the football world. I don't know about you, but if i had a bluechip FB being highly recruited, i would not advise him to attend the University of Nebraska.................Say what you want about Callahan, but the only reason we were the 2nd ranked defense in 2009 was because of BC recruits.................If Mark is such a defensive Guru, then why did he have 5 wks to prepare for one offense and he got his assed whooped, plain and simple.