I wish Callahan was still our HC

You have to admit one thing, Billy C's offense could score points. The problem was with the defense. And, I might add, he recruited some top notch talent.

I have only agreed one time in my life with Lou Holtz. (Actually, I cannot stand the man.) That is when he said (referring to Bill Callahan's defense), "The most difficult thing for a head coach to do is to fire his friends, even if it costs him his job."

I do not think Bill Callahan was the man for Nebraska because he did not belong to this culture. He was a "no connect" to the fans and players. I wish Pelini could recruit the talent that Callahan had here because I believe he could coach them. Callahan could not.

Who?

Everybody we sent to the NFL in the last couple of years was a Billy C recruit. Not supporting this thread at all, but it's the truth.

Yeah but, I'm just trying to remember both of them...Suh and Bowman?..

Slassen?

Sam Keller?

You have to admit one thing, Billy C's offense could score points. The problem was with the defense. And, I might add, he recruited some top notch talent.

I have only agreed one time in my life with Lou Holtz. (Actually, I cannot stand the man.) That is when he said (referring to Bill Callahan's defense), "The most difficult thing for a head coach to do is to fire his friends, even if it costs him his job."

I do not think Bill Callahan was the man for Nebraska because he did not belong to this culture. He was a "no connect" to the fans and players. I wish Pelini could recruit the talent that Callahan had here because I believe he could coach them. Callahan could not.

Who?

Everybody we sent to the NFL in the last couple of years was a Billy C recruit. Not supporting this thread at all, but it's the truth.

Slassen?

Sam Keller?

Suh, Slauson, Hagg, Amukamara, Dillard, Gomes, Helu, Potter, Nicks, Henery. Probably a couple others I missed.

• Fire 2

That's right, I said it.

I know it's an old argument, but word from an insider is he wasn't allowed to bring on a new/different DC. Had he been able to I would bet my house on our program being in better shape now.

After 2 seasons in a row now I don't have much opptunisim about the next season. That never happened w/ BC. What is there to be excited about for next year...or even for the next few years? Who is the QB coming up that will give us hope. I mean...TMart can still improve, but it's hard to get excited about. and I've been one of his supporters since day 1. BC had his faults, but he was making progress and he brought excellent talent to the program and was improving on his recruiting as years went by. His last full class was really good and the one he had in the works was excellent. If he just could/would have had a chance to revamp the D side and bring in a good DC. I blame his premature/short sighted firing on the many or at least vocal spoiled fans/players/boosters who IMO were close minded and a little to full of themselves. Now it will be virtually impossible to bring any any new HC is in high demand. It'll have to be a homer or younger guy which be an attempt and finding/praying for a diamond in the rough/up and comer. Us being so rigid and stubborn on our HC conforming to our "Nebraska way"(whatever that is...) and our tightness w/ paying coaches will see to this.

That all said, I guess it's easy to be excited about our young receivers...and hoping TMart works hard this off season and makes some big strides. He was just a sophomore this year afterall...

youre-youre-crazy-man-frank-the-tank-demotivational-poster-1219152399.jpg

like when we put up 10 points against Tex Tech in 04? But wait, they were defensive juggernauts. Or wait, maybe you mean in 05 when we crushed Pitt 7-6? No, maybe you mean when we hung 15 on the Jayhawks in 05? Wait, has to be when we hung 6 on Mizzou in 07?

48 to Wisconsin, 38 to Washington, 45 to Michigan, as long as we're including results from 2004, may as well include them from '08 too: 37 to Texas Tech, 52 to Missouri, 62 to Oklahoma...

Points given up by Bo Pelini defenses.

Not trying to say Callahan offenses > Pelini defenses, they weren't.

I would be surprised if somebody actually stopped him from firing Coz when he wanted to, though. I dunno. Maybe it was an offering on his side, but too little, too late? I think Callahan's problems ended up being he lost his team. Once that happens, it's hard to get it back without a clean start. Could have given him another year, I suppose, but it still seems charitable. That '08 recruiting class was awesome looking before he became a lame duck coach though. May have been his best ever.

Suh, Slauson, Hagg, Amukamara, Dillard, Gomes, Helu, Potter, Nicks, Henery. Probably a couple others I missed.

All that talents wasted if you can't coach for sh*t

Most of that was Defensive talent too..And I remember a few of those being Frankie's..The same year my Nephew was planning to walk on from out here (AZ).

There's another recent thread or two floating around here compairing the recruits of Cally and Bo.

Pretty even..Bo had a slight advantage in average Star rating..Cally had quite a few more bodies (Plus a couple of 5*s).

More bodies Possibly due to higher attrition (transfers both in from Jr College and out to other colleges)...Plus he wasn't saving any schollies back for performing Walkons..Which greatly alienated small town Husker Fans.

Most of that was Defensive talent too..And I remember a few of those being Frankie's..The same year my Nephew was planning to walk on from out here (AZ).

There's another recent thread or two floating around here compairing the recruits of Cally and Bo.

Pretty even..Bo had a slight advantage in average Star rating..Cally had quite a few more bodies (Plus a couple of 5*s).

More bodies Possibly due to higher attrition (transfers both in from Jr College and out to other colleges)...Plus he wasn't saving any schollies back for performing Walkons..Which greatly alienated small town Husker Fans.

Does it really make a difference if you get superior talent, when at the end of the day, you don't do a f*ckin' thing with it?

Who?

Slassen?

Sam Keller?

Henery was a walk-on. We're also going to send Crick, Dennard, and David to the NFL this year, all Bo's recruits I believe... I would agree that Callahan recruited well, but I don't think Pelini's recruiting is as far as behind as some others seem to think.

Right, which is what I've always said and what I eluded to before. I was just showing that Callahan recruits were sent there which is what Husker 37 appeared to be debating.

Right, which is what I've always said and what I eluded to before. I was just showing that Callahan recruits were sent there which is what Husker 37 appeared to be debating.

Not meant to be debating. It just seemed like there was an overall dropoff in talent here..Partly due to Cally's "Coaching them up"..But I also think he was way over rated in the recruiting department..But that last class.. With Blaine Gabbert and all the Offensive Linemen he was texting and convincing to follow..Had me both excited, and afraid that it would save that awful coaching staff's butts for another couple of seasons..And in the long run, put us that much deeper in the hole.

In my formative years..It seemed like we averaged 5-7 players getting drafted each season..Now it seems closer to 3-4 per.

I used to love coming to huskerboard for the discussions. Now I can't be here 5 minutes before I see a thread like this.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

Guess I'll get a lot of homework done this semester.

Good luck..I got drawn in when I meant to do some housework today after work..

Now I haveta wake up in 3 hours to go back to work.