Updated Recruiting Board

Aaron Curry, Vincent Valentine, Andrus Peat, Raymond Ford, and Sebastian Smith (I think we land these guys) and have a great shot at Alonzo Moore, Devin Fuller, Imani Cross, and Mark Meyers. I really like the past 2 years of recruiting, and see great things to come from these guys.

Mark Meyers commits to Michigan State... I think recruits have realized that Nebraska is the place where safeties come to die. (; Just kidding... but, no, really. Is it impossible to land a safety?

Aaron Curry, Vincent Valentine, Andrus Peat, Raymond Ford, and Sebastian Smith (I think we land these guys) and have a great shot at Alonzo Moore, Devin Fuller, Imani Cross, and Mark Meyers. I really like the past 2 years of recruiting, and see great things to come from these guys.

And Shelton as well. I defnitely think we are still in on him, and we should hear this week if we get him or not.

And Shelton as well. I defnitely think we are still in on him, and we should hear this week if we get him or not.

Yes, forgot to add his name. I think we land him as well

Also, Keoni Bush-Loo and Sebastian Smith could be in. It would be quite a deal if we can grab 7-9 more guys in the last week before signing day.

This will not be a surprise to the staff ... it will be a surprise to some of the new posters on Huskerboard. If one understands what many of our "insiders" on this board share ... we are just fine at present and we will be just fine come NSD. The "smell of desperation" are by those newbies to the board who know nothing ... and their emotions sway for lack of knowledge.

• Fire 1

Here is when guys are deciding:

This Week - Imani Cross, Aaron Curry, Devin Fuller.

Already Decided But Will Go Public On Signing Day - Alonzo Moore & Raymond Ford

Signing Day Announcement - Vincent Valentine, Evan Goodman

All the others could pull the trigger at any time:

Andrus Peat - most likely won't be signing day but might be a day or two before.

Devian Shelton - will decide soon but might take a visit to Tennessee first.

Corey Thompson - will take his visits to LSU and Ok State before making a final decision.

Corey Whitaker - will either announce this week or after his visit to Oregon.

Devante Bourque - might take one more visit before officially deciding, we have a shot at getting a look from him.

Keoni Bush Loo - will most likely decide next week after his OV to Nebraska.

Also, Keoni Bush-Loo and Sebastian Smith could be in. It would be quite a deal if we can grab 7-9 more guys in the last week before signing day.

This will not be a surprise to the staff ... it will be a surprise to some of the new posters on Huskerboard. If one understands what many of our "insiders" on this board share ... we are just fine at present and we will be just fine come NSD. The "smell of desperation" are by those newbies to the board who know nothing ... and their emotions sway for lack of knowledge.

Historically (Pelini's last 3 years) Nebraska has been fairly set by Christmas, with just a few to commit after. So I understand people (myself included) worrying. It's certainly looking better as things get closer though. A lot of the guys we've been in on since the beginning are still out there. Makes me wonder why there was a such a major change this year though. Especially after last years class was fairly solid w/ the old approach. Is it JP? Will this continue w/ the new RC? Is it just kind of where recruiting is going?

Not long ago classes were essentially whole by December 1 for a large number of programs. I wonder w/ all this "signing day drama" out there if we're going to see things move back towards late Jan/Feb again? I think kids are wanting to milk the process. w/ facebook and twitter they have a lot more "followers" and can easily reach a celebrity status in the markets seaking them. That wasn't the case, even as recently as 3-4 years ago for anyone outside the top 50ish. IMO recruiting was beginning too early anways so I'm all for whatever pushes it back closer to signing day.

If Ford/Moore are silent commits like we think they are then we already have 14 on board... we will for sure get more than 16... count on it. I'd say probably closer to 20. If we get Peat/Fuller/Shelton/VV/Curry/Cross/ a safety... we have 21. We could realistically get all these guys if the staff has room for them.

That's a good breakdown. I would +1 you but I'm out for the day. Just to add, I expect that safety commit will probably be Sebastian Smith.