If you could change just 1 thing at nebraska in 2012.....

Husker66, I agree with your opening post. The games' mental aspects has been my biggest problem with this team over the past two seasons. In many a game during Pelini's tenure there's been that "WTF?" moment, and then even if there's time to recover from said moment, the team struggles to get past it. I do believe we have good coaches and the talent level is on par or better with most programs. However, "mentallity" is a pretty broad term. Is this a player leadership issue? Coaching leadership issue? Are parts of the scheme too complicated (analysis/paralysis)? Are the players too scared to make mistakes? I don't know how to correctly define the problem, nor know exactly what would need to be changed. I do agree though that the missing "it" does appear to be a "mental" versus an overall talent or scheme issue.

We need a group of 3-4 seniors to step up and just kick everyone's asses in gear. I'm talking Rex, Compton, Meredith, Steinkuhler, etc. There is no discipline on this team leading to many unnecessary penalties, turnovers, dropped balls, etc. With some leadership adding a little focus, maybe that would improve.

You are right, the team has no vocal leaders.

I think this is the biggest problem with this team and it has been for quite some time. We need that guy who will step up and get in someone's face when they need it.

That is really damming to the QB, since that comes with the job.

No it's really not, but nice try. Young QBs aren't typically you're vocal leaders but they usually grow into that roll over time.

So when do the excuses stop for TMart? He's not young anymore and it doesn't matter what year he is in school, he's not a leader. Very seldom do you see a team that is successful that has as passive of a QB that TMart is. Leadership is something that a person is born with, not something that is learned over time.

Husker66, I agree with your opening post. The games' mental aspects has been my biggest problem with this team over the past two seasons. In many a game during Pelini's tenure there's been that "WTF?" moment, and then even if there's time to recover from said moment, the team struggles to get past it. I do believe we have good coaches and the talent level is on par or better with most programs. However, "mentallity" is a pretty broad term. Is this a player leadership issue? Coaching leadership issue? Are parts of the scheme too complicated (analysis/paralysis)? Are the players too scared to make mistakes? I don't know how to correctly define the problem, nor know exactly what would need to be changed. I do agree though that the missing "it" does appear to be a "mental" versus an overall talent or scheme issue.

well, it is time to figure out what is wrong/missing.........it can't be that hard, other teams overcome adversity all the time.....

I would change unrealistic projections, rather predict on past history and merits of that past history. Actually give credit to other programs for their additions and their strengths, consider home and away games in a realistic light, and understand that there is a process to getting to the top of the ladder, and normally it is not from the bottom rung to the top in one step.

What I would change is Rex Burkhead being on the Heisman ballots next year. Seeing that guy get that trophy would be a fantastic change from this year. Come on offensive line. Block for this guy damnit, he's earned a hell of a season for his senior year. We got to give it to him. Barney better coach these guys up next year or he really should be looked at at a new position with the team. I know a lot of you might disagree, but I've watched a lot of the old 2003 games I have taped. Barney was a pretty damn good offensive coordinator and a good play caller.

• Fire 1

We need a group of 3-4 seniors to step up and just kick everyone's asses in gear. I'm talking Rex, Compton, Meredith, Steinkuhler, etc. There is no discipline on this team leading to many unnecessary penalties, turnovers, dropped balls, etc. With some leadership adding a little focus, maybe that would improve.

You are right, the team has no vocal leaders.

I think this is the biggest problem with this team and it has been for quite some time. We need that guy who will step up and get in someone's face when they need it.

That is really damming to the QB, since that comes with the job.

No it's really not, but nice try. Young QBs aren't typically you're vocal leaders but they usually grow into that roll over time.

So when do the excuses stop for TMart? He's not young anymore and it doesn't matter what year he is in school, he's not a leader. Very seldom do you see a team that is successful that has as passive of a QB that TMart is. Leadership is something that a person is born with, not something that is learned over time.

Apparently you never played sports before... Do you really think that a senior on the football team would listen to a freshman or sophomore?... VERY rarely