Ponder this...

donesman

I can't think of any other reason why he was taken off the field. Alright then, why was he taken out? He's obviously the most talented player on offensive other than Burkhead.

It has been deeply discussed and even Jamal has came out and openly admitted it, he was dogging it in practice and was surpassed by Marlow. And if you have noticed the last year or two, the most "talented" player doesn't trump the smartest or better practice player on Saturdays.

Yeah that is true. Maybe he doesn't want to be playing there and lacked the motivation. If Bo truly allows a QB race I think Turner will take it hands down.

No, he wanted to be on the field, and knew this was going to be his best shot last fall.

Yea I know, but that was last fall...I'm just sayin' man! I have no proof of any of this, but I know that people change their goals.

This very well might be first broken seal that starts the chain of events leading to the impending apocalypse of December 2012. All the pieces fit. Bo is acting as agent for the anti-Christ by sacrificing the best player to ever don the scarlet and cream, and what better way than putting him behind this offensive line. You must be right. There is no doghouse and Jamal knows all the plays. I just feel dumb for not piecing this together sooner. Thank you OP.

C'mon man you really believe that stuff, GEEEEZE!! But for real...

I can't think of any other reason why he was taken off the field. Alright then, why was he taken out? He's obviously the most talented player on offensive other than Burkhead.

It has been deeply discussed and even Jamal has came out and openly admitted it, he was dogging it in practice and was surpassed by Marlow. And if you have noticed the last year or two, the most "talented" player doesn't trump the smartest or better practice player on Saturdays.

Yeah that is true. Maybe he doesn't want to be playing there and lacked the motivation. If Bo truly allows a QB race I think Turner will take it hands down.

No, he wanted to be on the field, and knew this was going to be his best shot last fall.

If Martinez is the best qb we have then he should be the qb. If the qb position was never open why oh dear god are we settling on Martinez unless our other qb's are really bad which i doubt. Martinez is ok but nothing special. Bo needs to play our players regardless of class and how much they know of the playbook. We aren't gonna beat the better teams by not playing our best athletes we have.

Well...here's a good wrench thrown into your assumption....I've got some "inside" sources stating that Jamal might redshirt next year. He'll do some solid bulking up and then decide whether or not he wants to play QB or play WR. I honestly think he is better suited as a WR....

I've never heard of a sophomore redshirting that wasn't because of injury or hardship. Plus if we have another season like last year, people will question why Jamal was redshirted in the first place.

If Martinez is the best qb we have then he should be the qb. If the qb position was never open why oh dear god are we settling on Martinez unless our other qb's are really bad which i doubt. Martinez is ok but nothing special. Bo needs to play our players regardless of class and how much they know of the playbook. We aren't gonna beat the better teams by not playing our best athletes we have.

My question to this is, what good is a qb that throws a post ball when he's supposed to throw an out. A d-lineman who plays a gap when he's supposed to stunt outside. A LB who blitzes when he's supposed to cover the flat. A safety thats supposed to play deep middle instead of man on the TE. A rb that's supposed to max protect instead of running the wheel pattern. a...... well that's about enough of that. My point is that sometimes the most athletically gifted player doesnt get the job done. If guys like Marlowe, Cassidy and Thorell are so much more sharp in practice then they should be the ones on the field. I know there's always that one or two guys that "have to be on the field no matter what" but if those guys are doggin practice and not studying well enough, you just cant make an exception for them becuase then you throw out of balace things like team chemistry and trust. I know this has been discussed over and over and there are two sides to the argument, but when a player like Turner flat out admits publicly that he was struggling and got beat out, this case should just be closed. My opinion, based on facts, open to argument.

Well...here's a good wrench thrown into your assumption....I've got some "inside" sources stating that Jamal might redshirt next year. He'll do some solid bulking up and then decide whether or not he wants to play QB or play WR. I honestly think he is better suited as a WR....

Since when is it the players choice to decide where he wants to play?

Accountability, I agree with your sentiments. If a player is being outperformed in practice, he really has no right to see the field. People can debate all they want that athletic ability trumps scheme knowledge, and vice versa, but this is Pelini's MO. I'm sure Pelini tells them this when he is recruiting them - they know what they're getting into. If the fans don't like it, all I have to say is tough luck - it probably isn't changing.

What I think needs to happen, and I'm sure Beck would say "Well, duh", is we need to find ways to get these guys the ballduring their limited playing time more-so than they did. Turner has a lot of speed as witnessed in the spring game, yet we barely saw any of that this year. Turner is well-suited for WR screens and reverses, or as a back in the diamond formation with his speed.

A lot of this comes down to Turner stepping his game up, and Beck growing as an OC.

I know, right? Knowing the playbook is over-rated. I mean it's not like these guys have to take the field and function together as a unit to have success. 11 best athletes on the field no matter what they know. Plays? We don't need no stinkin plays.

Since when is it the players choice to decide where he wants to play?

The coaches don't force a player to do anything like that. They sit down with the player, weigh his options and suggest he do something. If Turner really, and truly, wanted to remain at quarterback, I'm sure he could have. I was reading about this in an article the other day, either as a quote from a coach or something the writer said.

• Fire 1

Ok not letting me quote so have to make a new post for accountability.

You simply shrink the playbook. You can't match speed with slowness. But why was Turner dogging it in the first place?

Honestly, I think the playbook size is the very last thing wrong with the offense. There were times this year when the players did exceedingly well out of every formation. It really comes down to being more consistent.

And why did Turner dog it? More than likely, and this is purely conjecture, he let his first year of college get to him. More girls than he can handle, he's a "football player", he had a great spring game, he's athletic and a good-looking guy (which, of course, is heightened because he's a football player).