Saban last night

Trust me Sox at 65 years old, sex is not quite what it was. That would be the furthest thing on my mind.

I think it is because it is so out there, I hear it at least once a week. But I hear it from people that I would not expect to hear it from. Fringe fans that do not follow our program at all.

She never followed Devaney really before her time as a Nebraska fan. Missouri grad and loyal to Missouri for quite awhile. She was not happy about Philips either, but figured there were two sides to every story. Pelini just rubs her the wrong way I guess.

But he seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

I still support him, but I do not build the great coach shrines to him like most do here. He is nothing but an average coach in my mind. I have seen nothing to put him on a level with the top coaches. He has not won anything of importance. He has a losing record against top 15 programs, much worse than the three Nebraska coaches ahead of him. (I do not count Clownahan as a Nebraska coach.) I see him as vastly over paid.

I do not care about if's woulda, coulda, shoulda, close, 1 point. That means nothing but we lost.

I think, I repeat I think he is good person, and will win this battle, but he does not make it easy on himself by any means. I think there are far more haters out there than you realize. If that number continues to grow due to his actions on the field it will get louder and louder. And I think that it will have little to do with wins and losses.

Currently in my mind he is not a good face for the University of Nebraska. Hopefully he will be someday

I am not a hater. I just do not see us moving forward as quickly as some do. I do not see us becoming a recruiting giant, that I thought we could have improved with the addition of Zook or Stoops. I do not see much improvement in control team wise. I have seen marked improvement in his on the field actions. I think he will continue to lead us to 9 win seasons, I do not think in the next 5 years we will see a conference championship nor a MNC.

For me if he cleans up his sideline routine, wins the 9 games he can stay as long as he likes. That is all I ask of him or any

coach, be respectable, live up to our traditions and run a clean program. He has done the latter and raised our academic standards and that is a big plus for me.

His one short fall for me is the image he portrays, and that to the general public becomes the image of Nebraska as a program.

Anything to win.

--we will disagree forever on the notion that there might be some sort of justification on what LP did, and not for Bo. Anything to win indeed.

skersfan, the fact that you support your wife's views on this subject is very noble, and it shows that you are a high character person and more than likely a great husband. I just hope that your wife's mind gets changed soon, because being a supporter of Bo and what he is doing, I really believe that Bo is the right guy for the job.

Today it happening would be far worse, not in the sense of the situation, but how much more people are aware of it happening and the outrage of it. LP was not a good person, as it proved out many times. Did Tom realize how bad he was, or was he trying to help him be a better person, or as you said, anything to win.

I have no use for LP, never have after the incident. And as we are all aware, it is brought up normally anytime Nebraska is mentioned, until lately. The central topic is now Bo. Sad as there are no comparisons, between the two in my mind, but it is what people talk about now, when Nebraska is mentioned. You guys may not hear it at home, but most away from the program hear it and here it alot.

Either way, I want him to stay at Nebraska, correct his problems, and lead us to a winning tradition again. As I have said many times, I think he can do it, if given the time. But with the unrealistic expectations some place on him and the program, will he get the time is the question.

Thank you for a reasonable post Polo, considering what others think and listening to them is a great trait, you have it.

skersfan, I appreciate your side of the argument, and while I don't think that it is 100% accurate, I don't think that what I'm saying is 100% correct either. The point that I'm trying to get across is that there is absolutely no way to know why Bo Pelini makes the decisions that he does [aka hiring "yes men"]. There is no one answer to every question, especially questions concerning closed door organizations such as athletic programs.

What I hate to see is a loss of support without truly knowing all the facts behind the situation. However, I know that we simply use heuristics to make our decisions and your wife [and good amount of other people it appears] don't like what they are seeing so they're turning away from the program. It's sad, but it's their right and that's all.