Saban last night

I think people just need to not be so sensitive. It's a man's game, and I much preferred Pelini before he toned his temper down (with exception of the A&M game). A couple of years ago, Bo had so much fire. Now, people have criticized him so much he has lost a lot of the attitude that made him successful in the first place. I want old Bo back.

Did anyone watching the game last night notice how Pissed off Saban got when they got a penalty. Why is it ok for him to go pissy on his players and tv but not pelini?

Did you see Saban and Miles' interviews going into halftime? Considerate, informative, to the point. LSU at that point had about 40 yards of offense and Miles was able to put together 150 words that didn't include "we'll be fine" -- Compare that with Bo. Bo's sideline demeanor is just one of his many issues when it comes to the public's perception of him. Put it all together and that's why it's an issue for Pelini and not Saban.

Don't you think that's only because they've been dealing with the press longer? I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly stupid for those reporters to stick a microphone into a coach's face when he needs to get to the locker room and get his team ready for the next half. What would you rather have? Bo blow up at him or have Bo say something that at the time he believed or thought would be better? It only sounded ridiculous after the fact, because they lost. Had the Huskers won the reporters would've said 'Bo said they would be just fine and they were!...blah blah blah. Even Alabama's quarterback talked about on the national news after the game that Saban 'ripped into me'. but the only difference between Saban and Bo is winning. So after Bo wins a couple or more championships then folks will just say that he's always been 'passionate/zealous/moved/emotional' et al I can't wait til that happens.

I think you pretty much nailed it. When it comes down to it, this is still Bo's first Head coaching job. He has experienced a lot of things over the past few years that as an assistant he hadn't ran into. Two of the things that he has obviously struggled with is handling the media, which i am sure with time he will become better about like you said. Also i think a big thing is that he is learning how to recruit better. He has brought in some real good players in his classes but he needs to learn to balances recruits out. For example bringing in 3 really good running backs in the same class probably wasn't the best idea, but when its all said and done, Bo will figure out how to do things as his coaching career matures and I do believe he will win a NC. So why run him out of town and let him do it somewhere else.

This excuse is wearing about as thin as the "taylor is only a sophomore" BS we are STILL hearing from all the defenders. 4 years! That's a long a$$ time in any job. If he's here 20 years from now it will still be his "first head coaching job" - will we still excuse him then? The only thing that matters to me is that in his 56th game as head coach of Nebraska, he was no more in control than he was in the 5th. Having attitude and fire is one thing - even yelling at players if it motivates them in a positive way...but Bo loses it for 20 solid minutes and as goes his temper, so goes the game.

The game was out of control before he lost his temper.

This. I wonder how many of us could contain our emotions and not show some frustration when we worked as hard as I know Bo and his staff do, only to be rewarded with some of the idiotic mistakes, missed asignments, and lack of execution that we witnessed on the field this year. It might be just as simple as the comment he slipped up and made about the players not doing what they had been coached to do. I can tell you from experience coaching kids, that can wear on you and it's extremely frustrating. Personally I just think we didn't have the talent and chemistry this year. Couple that with a new/different league/opponent every week and some staff changes and, well 9 wins is probably better than it could've been. I honestly have not seen evidence that the team loses it because of Bo but rather feel it is Bo reacting to the lack of results of his blood, sweat, and tears and, of course, to some bad calls by the officials. Nothing wrong with giving those guys the death stare once in awhile. He's not Dr. Tom, nobody should be expecting that type of stoic demeaner. I don't care how much you feel "this is Nebraska" and we're better than that.

Well first off, my wife and I were setting 15 rows off the field at about the 35 yard line during the VaTech explosion. She saw it first hand, but as stated the TV shows it, and she sees it there to. Her oppinion is that he hurts the university in his actions, has severe problems controlling his temper, recovering from said tantrums, IE people in the dog house for ever, kids transfering away with out any explanation.

Right or wrong it is her opinion. Very intelligent woman, very succesful, my guess is that she is lot closer to right than a bunch of die hard internet fans. I will take her thoughts far ahead of most on this site.

She feels he will become a huge embarassment to the University, way larger than what he has now. Could be right could be wrong, I am going with, she is wrong on this.

He has been counciled by Pearlman and Tom, and you can see, that he has been each and everytime it happens.

His actions trump pretty much anyone in college football that most of us have seen. He is on par with Bobby Knight. One of the best coaches of all time, lost many years for his displays. Bo is in a much more visiable era.

Well first off, my wife and I were setting 15 rows off the field at about the 35 yard line during the VaTech explosion. She saw it first hand, but as stated the TV shows it, and she sees it there to. Her oppinion is that he hurts the university in his actions, has severe problems controlling his temper, recovering from said tantrums, IE people in the dog house for ever, kids transfering away with out any explanation.

Right or wrong it is her opinion. Very intelligent woman, very succesful, my guess is that she is lot closer to right than a bunch of die hard internet fans. I will take her thoughts far ahead of most on this site.

She feels he will become a huge embarassment to the University, way larger than what he has now. Could be right could be wrong, I am going with, she is wrong on this.

He has been counciled by Pearlman and Tom, and you can see, that he has been each and everytime it happens.

His actions trump pretty much anyone in college football that most of us have seen. He is on par with Bobby Knight. One of the best coaches of all time, lost many years for his displays. Bo is in a much more visiable era.

One wonders if certain ultimatums and boycotts were being made when someone who shall go nameless but who's name sounds like Dob Bevaney was roaming and ranting on the sidelines, and winning.

signed,

and Intelligent, successful, know-nothing diehard internet fan

So because your wife is in health care she has the knowledge to diagnose anger disorders more so than us "die hard internet fans"? I'm in health care also and I don't have the education to be able to diagnose intermittent explosive disorder, so unless your wife is a psychologist as well as a nurse, her opinion is just as "right" as any of us internet geeks.

• Fire 1

One wonders if certain ultimatums and boycotts were being made when someone who shall go nameless but who's name sounds like Dob Bevaney was roaming and ranting on the sidelines, and winning.

signed,

and Intelligent, successful, know-nothing diehard internet fan

I'm quite sure the tree-huggers were "very" upset with Bevaney's appreciation for highballs and women. Even worse, he would actually yell at the poor, fragile players.

"Oh.....how horrible.....why, he was a savage!"

Signed;

Internet Genius

So because your wife is in health care she has the knowledge to diagnose anger disorders more so than us "die hard internet fans"? I'm in health care also and I don't have the education to be able to diagnose intermittent explosive disorder, so unless your wife is a psychologist as well as a nurse, her opinion is just as "right" as any of us internet geeks.

Well beyond that, its just an opinion.

A person we don't know thinks that Bo getting mad on the sidelines is the most embarassing thing in NU football. Fine, that's her opinion. I just find it odd that it was the deal breaker. Not 07 where the 1997 team was greeted by a team that barely cared enough to dress for the game, and maybe should have done us a favor and not bothered. Or the rampant character issues in the late 90's that made it awesome to be an undergrad and having idiots give you the obligatory LP/Peter/Farley/Vedral jokes until your ears and eyes bled. Not 01 when two Olympic sports got busted for cheating, a coach resigining and taking his hard drives with him, ending a top 20 program at the University. Or even recruiting known troublemakers after the Lawrence Phillips era who end up doing life turns in the clink.

Nope, Bo Pelini making frowny faces on the sidelines is worse than all of that combined. That's the deal breaker.