Saban last night

Lol at voldemort face.

Anyways, here's some more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp_CQWLMVqo&feature=related

There are instances where Saban gets mad and is as "out of line" as Bo Pelini. And to the person who says he was trying to motivate him towards the end, do you say that only because his teams have won more games?

I'm curious more than anything to this response...are his sideline eruptions viewed differently solely for the fact that his teams have won games? If Nebraska was 11-1 would people be talking more about Bo's sideline demeanor and saying that it motivates the players?

Did anyone watching the game last night notice how Pissed off Saban got when they got a penalty. Why is it ok for him to go pissy on his players and tv but not pelini?

Did you see Saban and Miles' interviews going into halftime? Considerate, informative, to the point. LSU at that point had about 40 yards of offense and Miles was able to put together 150 words that didn't include "we'll be fine" -- Compare that with Bo. Bo's sideline demeanor is just one of his many issues when it comes to the public's perception of him. Put it all together and that's why it's an issue for Pelini and not Saban.

Don't you think that's only because they've been dealing with the press longer? I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly stupid for those reporters to stick a microphone into a coach's face when he needs to get to the locker room and get his team ready for the next half. What would you rather have? Bo blow up at him or have Bo say something that at the time he believed or thought would be better? It only sounded ridiculous after the fact, because they lost. Had the Huskers won the reporters would've said 'Bo said they would be just fine and they were!...blah blah blah. Even Alabama's quarterback talked about on the national news after the game that Saban 'ripped into me'. but the only difference between Saban and Bo is winning. So after Bo wins a couple or more championships then folks will just say that he's always been 'passionate/zealous/moved/emotional' et al I can't wait til that happens.

I think most have been offended by it since the first VaTech game. Most that are truly upset about it, are not concerned about his win loss record. I have played sports, I have coached some very talented athletes and have gotten on their asses at times. I can deal with it, I look at some of it as embarassing, but I also see he has made a great attempt to clean it up.

But again the thing is, he is the face of Nebraska football. Where we claim to be a little better than other fans, more down to earth, good guys so to speak. Bo needs to do better in that respect I think. I have been a die hard Husker fan for all of my life, my wife since we married in 1968. She absolutely hates Bo. Says he is an embarssment to the program. Will not send money to the program, actually did not want to go to the bowl game this year. She feels he needs to go, the sooner the better. My wife is a very level headed woman, more patience than most people, put up with me for 43 years, so she can deal with a lot of crap. She feels he has no place around kids, he is out of control, and sooner or later he is going to hit a player or a ref. She guarantees it will happen. She is a nurse, trained in abbusive relationship therapy. She feels he is so over the top that his temper has affected the team, the reason for the out of control play, the pentalties. She states she would not allow our son to play for him under any circumstance.

That is from a pretty loyal Nebraska fan that has been very close to the program for many years.

I support Bo, but I to think he is close to losing it at times. I hope not.

But I do disagree with the video of Saben being anywhere close to Bo's antics at the ATM game. That was rock bottom and my guess is if it ever happens again he will be gone. By the next day.

I think most have been offended by it since the first VaTech game. Most that are truly upset about it, are not concerned about his win loss record. I have played sports, I have coached some very talented athletes and have gotten on their asses at times. I can deal with it, I look at some of it as embarassing, but I also see he has made a great attempt to clean it up.

But again the thing is, he is the face of Nebraska football. Where we claim to be a little better than other fans, more down to earth, good guys so to speak. Bo needs to do better in that respect I think. I have been a die hard Husker fan for all of my life, my wife since we married in 1968. She absolutely hates Bo. Says he is an embarssment to the program. Will not send money to the program, actually did not want to go to the bowl game this year. She feels he needs to go, the sooner the better. My wife is a very level headed woman, more patience than most people, put up with me for 43 years, so she can deal with a lot of crap. She feels he has no place around kids, he is out of control, and sooner or later he is going to hit a player or a ref. She guarantees it will happen. She is a nurse, trained in abbusive relationship therapy. She feels he is so over the top that his temper has affected the team, the reason for the out of control play, the pentalties. She states she would not allow our son to play for him under any circumstance.

That is from a pretty loyal Nebraska fan that has been very close to the program for many years.

But I do disagree with the video of Saben being anywhere close to Bo's antics at the ATM game. That was rock bottom and my guess is if it ever happens again he will be gone. By the next day.

Question: Does your wife think that Bo has improved since the A&M game? If he was still exploding at every game then I would have a tendency to agree with your wife. However, since he has tried to improve I think he is a work in progress. If she has had experience in working with this type of individual then she would agree that when a person is improving then there is always hope that they will grow to decrease this type of behavior even more and finally be able to control it. Did she happen to view his post game interview after the Penn State game? I would encourage her to watch it. There is incredible potential there for further growth. He's a young guy. I believe he will grow. He DOES need some anger management-seriously he does. Who better to help him with that than Dr. Tom Osborne. :)

She feels he has no place around kids, he is out of control, and sooner or later he is going to hit a player or a ref. She guarantees it will happen. She is a nurse, trained in abbusive relationship therapy. She feels he is so over the top that his temper has affected the team, the reason for the out of control play, the pentalties. She states she would not allow our son to play for him under any circumstance.

Oh give me a break. My high school basketball coach was worse than Bo. I wanted to crap my pants when he got mad which happened almost every practice. And I respect that man to this day because he made me not only a tougher basketball player, but held me accountable for my mistakes on the court so I wouldn't make them during a game.

Its ridiculous to even think he would hit a player or ref. Never going to happen.

• Fire 1

She feels he has no place around kids, he is out of control, and sooner or later he is going to hit a player or a ref. She guarantees it will happen. She is a nurse, trained in abbusive relationship therapy. She feels he is so over the top that his temper has affected the team, the reason for the out of control play, the pentalties. She states she would not allow our son to play for him under any circumstance.

Oh give me a break. My high school basketball coach was worse than Bo. I wanted to crap my pants when he got mad which happened almost every practice. And I respect that man to this day because he made me not only a tougher basketball player, but held me accountable for my mistakes on the court so I wouldn't make them during a game.

Its ridiculous to even think he would hit a player or ref. Never going to happen.

I've known women like that,,,,, they all had hairy arm pits, and loved to hate men-

Please don't take this the wrong way but, your wifes opinion is no more valid than anyone elses. You kind of were laying out why we should value her opinion more than the typical fan but I don't think it works that way. She may work in a job where she is better than most at evaluating abusive people but she is only seeing a side of Bo that TV want to show us. And, lets face it, he also has a little bit of contempt for the media. I wish he dealt with them better but I sure can't hold it against him. #1 has she spent any amount of time interacting with Bo or are these just her feelings of what she sees on TV? We all know that the networks will not miss a single opportunity to show Bo when he is upset about something and conversely probably shy away from showing him being supportive to a player, smiling, or just being calm. People I know that get to experience him in person have a much different (better) opinion of him as a person than his "public persona".#2 she is a woman (start the stoning now ladies) My wife, whose opinion I value just as highly as you do yours, cannot understand fighting in hockey. She thinks it's barbaric, just plain wrong, and would have it removed from the game if she could. It's a valid opinion (not one I share) but nothing more. I realize that there are some things that happen in hockey games that require the players to handle it themselves when other players are being cheap or the refs have swallowed their whistles. Football is violent sport played by big, nasty, passionate people. I see nothing wrong with a coach mirroring some of those characteristics. And, quite frankly, given how the team performed this year, if he didn't totally melt down and kill somebody, he probably never will. He has mellowed significantly in just the last year. I would expect him to continue to have some outbursts but also to keep mellowing. I just feel we should limit our criticism to more pertinent things such as the teams performance, program development, etc. I have every confidence he'll grow and improve in the behavior/perception department. But, like your wife, that is just my opinion.

No she feels he is only trying because he has been told square away or your gone. She will hardly watch the games anymore because of him. That is her choice, but I still watch. She wants to know how the kids did and if we won or lost, but expects there to be problems with Bo every time. Kinda sad to lose your game watching buddy. Ihave told her he is making improvements, but she thinks it is only a matter of time

No she feels he is only trying because he has been told square away or your gone. She will hardly watch the games anymore because of him. That is her choice, but I still watch. She wants to know how the kids did and if we won or lost, but expects there to be problems with Bo every time. Kinda sad to lose your game watching buddy. Ihave told her he is making improvements, but she thinks it is only a matter of time

Well that is kind of sad. I think she may be over-reacting a bit but possibly she is seeing something in common to something else she has experienced so is reading more into it than another might. Also, I think he simply has a more expressive face that some people just can't accept. I mean if looks could kill, his would be serving a life sentence. I hope she can overcome it and start watching the games again. I really do believe Bo will continue to mellow, partially cuz I'm sure some of it was due to a talk with Dr. Tom but also just because he is bound to settle in to the HC mentality. If he repeatedly continues the aTm type behavior (which he avoided this whole season), he won't be a HC anywhere except maybe in the WWF.

You guys just do not get it.

People are tired of his actions, a die hard fan has turned away from the program. Some one that has financially supported the program, gone to many games, many bowl games, had many tailgates, supporting the Huskers.

If someone that loyal feels that way, what do others think is what I was getting accross. She has no more vision than anyone else, nor does she claim to. She has washed her hands of the program due to her immense dislike of Bo and his actions. He is the laughing stock of the college football world when he goes on these tantrums. Why do you think ESPN or any other network watches him so closely.

That is the problem. That is what people outside of the Nebraska program feel about him. That in time will hurt recruiting if it continues. My guess we are one more tantrum away from him being gone.

I agree he has made progress. But normally once someones mind is made up it is very hard to change their idea. Normally takes a personal encounter to change it. Very few if any have a chance at a personal encounter with Bo. I have tried to get her to meet him. She refuses to even consider that.

I doubt that she is lot different than many who are offended by his actions. What that number is, is the question.

Personally I could care less if these coaches go on tirades like Saban or Bo or many many other coaches for that matter. I just want to win games. However they feel is the best way to motivate their players or get their message across, that is up to them. It's obvious that a lot of people find Bo's demeanor offensive, and I hate to break it to the OP, but there are a lot of people who don't care for Saban doing it either. I'm not sure where you get off saying that people say it was okay? As many fans that bitch about Bo, probably bitch about the way Saban acts sometimes it's just that you don't hear it because you are not in Alabama watching every Bama game. It's really that simple.

Great thing about all of this is, if you don't like Bo's style and you are going to play Divison 1 football, then don't commit to play for him. Or Saban for that matter. If you are a fan of the game and you don't like Bo or Sabans style, then I suggest changing the channel. Ahhhh simplicity isn't it great.

(edit:) or as above stated, if you don't support Bo's actions, then choose to no longer support the program. We all have that choice in life as well. Isn't free will great. We all were born with it, but only some of us take advantage of it.

Did anyone watching the game last night notice how Pissed off Saban got when they got a penalty. Why is it ok for him to go pissy on his players and tv but not pelini?

Did you see Saban and Miles' interviews going into halftime? Considerate, informative, to the point. LSU at that point had about 40 yards of offense and Miles was able to put together 150 words that didn't include "we'll be fine" -- Compare that with Bo. Bo's sideline demeanor is just one of his many issues when it comes to the public's perception of him. Put it all together and that's why it's an issue for Pelini and not Saban.

Don't you think that's only because they've been dealing with the press longer? I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly stupid for those reporters to stick a microphone into a coach's face when he needs to get to the locker room and get his team ready for the next half. What would you rather have? Bo blow up at him or have Bo say something that at the time he believed or thought would be better? It only sounded ridiculous after the fact, because they lost. Had the Huskers won the reporters would've said 'Bo said they would be just fine and they were!...blah blah blah. Even Alabama's quarterback talked about on the national news after the game that Saban 'ripped into me'. but the only difference between Saban and Bo is winning. So after Bo wins a couple or more championships then folks will just say that he's always been 'passionate/zealous/moved/emotional' et al I can't wait til that happens.

I think you pretty much nailed it. When it comes down to it, this is still Bo's first Head coaching job. He has experienced a lot of things over the past few years that as an assistant he hadn't ran into. Two of the things that he has obviously struggled with is handling the media, which i am sure with time he will become better about like you said. Also i think a big thing is that he is learning how to recruit better. He has brought in some real good players in his classes but he needs to learn to balances recruits out. For example bringing in 3 really good running backs in the same class probably wasn't the best idea, but when its all said and done, Bo will figure out how to do things as his coaching career matures and I do believe he will win a NC. So why run him out of town and let him do it somewhere else.

Don't kid yourself by thinking Saban hasn't had some epic tantrums directed at the refs, too. Also, anyone that thinks Saban wasn't behaving this way before he'd ever even sniffed a conference championship is delusional.

exactly we have a bunch of cry about anything fans that think they are the best fans in the world......come to think of it they are the best at manufacturing crap to cry about!

just because you wouldnt act that way doesnt mean that its wrong, it just means you wouldnt act that way.

Post of the month!