Osborne likes traditional uniforms

Coach Osborne is a smart man. #statingtheobvious

Nothing is worse than this....

sp-terps6_33_1315282321.jpg

At least those MD uni's had some meaning (state flag), some of their uniforms worn later in the season were "uglier."

Of course, who would know since it was MD football.

I liked those uniforms because of the meaning. It seemed like a lot of people that hated them had no idea what the design meant. If my state had as cool a flag as Maryland's I'd love to see such uniforms...

Bama nor LSU sold out for the big game. The main bowl of the year had traditional uniforms. My guess both turned down millions of dollars.

I do not want to see any radical change, I just liked the helmets, never thought I would.

I have a running fued with a Duck fan and had to admit they were pretty good with their uniforms.

I wonder how much change we will see next year with the NFL uniforms and Nike taking over?

Bama nor LSU sold out for the big game. The main bowl of the year had traditional uniforms. My guess both turned down millions of dollars.

I do not want to see any radical change, I just liked the helmets, never thought I would.

I have a running fued with a Duck fan and had to admit they were pretty good with their uniforms.

I wonder how much change we will see next year with the NFL uniforms and Nike taking over?

The Oregon unis with the neon green are generally awful. Others aren't so bad.

Just heard on 1620 that the chrome helmets cost $1,000 each (250 for the helmet plus 750 for the paint job).

I'd like to think that Nike and the NFL would finally figure out a way to keep the pants on offensive line guard from falling down ;) -- maybe they could call it Pro-Support Gear or Pro-Girdle gear.

The only schools that are changing their uniforms are those that have never won anything and are trying to attract attention to the school. The schools with tradition, LSU, Bama, MU, USC, OU, NU, etc.) aren't selling themselves out for a few extra bucks in the athletic coffers.

Nope. OU, MU, Bama, LSU, ND, TX -- all have sold out in some way.

Heck, NU wore throwbacks.

Is it possible USC hasn't? I can't picture their alternate uni. But I bet they have (EDIT, evidently they haven't, but are pondering it for next season (http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_19396436)

Big time programs dont need to rely on gimmicks such as uniform trends to assist them in putting a good product on the field. The Nebraska's, Bama's, LSU's and so on, tho some do it once in a blue moone whether it be throw back or combat, probably dont want the added distraction of a flashy new uniform. However, it's a gimmick that does work for a program like oregon. They have no history or tradition to fall back on and they have invented a national identity that is very popular especially with the younger generation that college teams are currently drawing their talent from.

Times are a-changin folks.

Bring on some alternate unis.

For goodness sake, NU's field is striped. They have a ginormous TV (plus 4 other ones and two "ribbons").

I'm pretty sure we used to have a striped field back in the 60's or 70's, so that's actually something that has been around before. Can someone help me on this? I'm pretty sure I've heard that before.