Stadium expansion talk

How long until further expansion?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm bored already and so lately I've been looking at the East expansion updates. Anyways it got me to wondering if or when we will expand even further on Memorial Stadium. Therefore I created a poll, when and where do you think the most plausible additions are in Memorial stadium once the East side project is complete?

Also, before anyone freaks out, I realize that our current expansion is no where near completion, but heck I thought it would be a fun idea to dream to the future. If there are any photoshop wizs out there, I'd love to see what you would like to be added to Memorial.

I would love to see something significant happen to the south end.

the west has the skyboxes/main entrance

the north has the big screen, box seats

the east is getting it's much needed rennovation

If and when we do decide to expand more, I think it would be cool if we added on to the south and just make memorial stadium higher so the noise stays in, like the swamp.

I would love to see something significant happen to the south end.

the west has the skyboxes/main entrance

the north has the big screen, box seats

the east is getting it's much needed rennovation

If and when we do decide to expand more, I think it would be cool if we added on to the south and just make memorial stadium higher so the noise stays in, like the swamp.

I was just about to say this. I think it's the obvious choice in 5-10 years when we decide to expand again.

After the south side gets added onto, it sounds like they would just work to fill in corners that have gaps and enclose the bowl.

A second deck across the south would be ridiculously intimidating.

And students would get moved up to the upper deck.

I hope this never happens. If it were up to me, the students would have the first 10 rows all the way around the stadium. The noise would be equally loud for opposing football teams all the way around the field. However, with money being the largest factor in the seating arrangement, that will never happen.

We have to be the only stadium in America which has the majority of the seating in the end zone sections.

That is what you get when the university takes the cheapest possible expansion plan 50 years ago.

The optimal plan for both current and future growth would probably have been to greatly expand the East Stadium lower deck part, and I mean pretty much completely demolish East Stadium and extend it backwards quite a bit, then add a bigger upper deck, then the suites, and leave room for a future extra upper deck on top. Just by making the regular East Stadium seating area larger and extending further back, we could have added another 5-10k seats quite easily. But I realize that would be very agressive and would involve the demolition of a very historic piece of architecture (the original East Stadium facade).

We have to be the only stadium in America which has the majority of the seating in the end zone sections.

That is what you get when the university takes the cheapest possible expansion plan 50 years ago.

The optimal plan for both current and future growth would probably have been to greatly expand the East Stadium lower deck part, and I mean pretty much completely demolish East Stadium and extend it backwards quite a bit, then add a bigger upper deck, then the suites, and leave room for a future extra upper deck on top. Just by making the regular East Stadium seating area larger and extending further back, we could have added another 5-10k seats quite easily. But I realize that would be very agressive and would involve the demolition of a very historic piece of architecture (the original East Stadium facade).

It also you have created an interesting situation because a project of that size cannot be finished in a single offseason. There is no way the university tells 20,000+ they can't go to games for a season.

BTW I think Penn St. kills us in the seating in the endzone category.

I think South stadium is next.

I would LOVE to see another jumbo-tron in the South end-zone to mimic the north one. It's very hard to hear the sound in South stadium, and adding a jumbo-tron there would make it louder, easier to hear, add more seats to be louder in general, and look more intimidating. I would also like to see the word 'Nebraska' on the jumbo-tron be able to light up during night games. I know it' just a little thing, but I feel like it would add a lot to a night game atmosphere instead of it being blacked out as it is when it gets dark.

Student section should be addressed better, but it won't be because of the money, sadly.