Stadium expansion talk

How long until further expansion?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they need to close in the corners, and build new levels on the south and north ends, making it more of a bowl appearance. This could also cut down on some of the wind near those gaps. I have sat over there in the NW corner when it is windy, wet, and cold, and it is no picnic. The only place that I found is worse than that is Arrowhead in KC, where the wind comes in between the decks, and if your sitting there your going to feel the full effect of it. No fun when the temps are below zero.

I think they need to close in the corners, and build new levels on the south and north ends, making it more of a bowl appearance. This could also cut down on some of the wind near those gaps. I have sat over there in the NW corner when it is windy, wet, and cold, and it is no picnic. The only place that I found is worse than that is Arrowhead in KC, where the wind comes in between the decks, and if your sitting there your going to feel the full effect of it. No fun when the temps are below zero.

Closing in the corners with seats is not possible because the sight lines are obstructed in those areas. And we are not going to spend millions of dollars to reduce the wind. Come on.

South would seem to be the most logical direction, but I'm not sure you can add anything too it without tearing it down a good bit. It sits back so far at a shallow angle that a deck would be too far back or too high up. And there is the computer science building (old trainers facilitate) directly under it which will not be touched because it was just renovated.

I think if we were going to talk about going to 100,000 they would probably add a deck to the north end zone, There is plenty of room too build over there in and around the current seats. Might end up looking like Kyle Field, so we would definitely have to invest in a new way to walk up there instead of the crappy ones we have all over now.

I am thinking the South Stadium may be the only choice moving forward but I would say they really need to go up here if they do add on as you are getting pretty far away from the field at the top of south stadium at the moment. I say take above the top walk way off and build an upper deck there like in College Station or in Happy Valley. No matter how they expand I have a couple ideas to make the experience at Memorial better and they are as follows.

1) I must admit I would like to close in the corners and add jumbotrons, suites, roofing, etc to keep the noise within the stadium to really make it loud on the field. It is pretty loud in the stadium now but the acoustics are terrible as you cannot hear anything in south stadium from the speakers and a lot of the noise just leaves the stadium. Lets keep that in so we can really rattle the opposing offenses and make Memorial Stadium a place that is really intimidating!

2) It would be nice to add ramps on the north and south endzones on the outside of the stadium to make getting in and out of the stadium faster (my seats are 90 rows up in north stadium and it takes for ever to get out!)

3) One option I have always thought would be pretty cool would be to lower the field several feet, that way you could bring the east and west stadiums in closer to the field taking the curved nature away from these stadiums and get the fans closer to the field (like Pickens stadium in Stillwater), lowering the players so these people can now see and adding some seating on the east and west sides. This could also allow for the addition of some box seats or something possibly on the field in the endzones (kind of like the suites on the field at cowboys stadium).

Just some ideas I have, what do you think?

The next expansion will be seats on top of Oldfather and moving the student section there. We surely don't want the loudest fans anywhere close to the field.

On a serious note, I don't see anything big happening for the next 10-15 years after east stadium is done. I'd rather see them keep the demand for tickets high and filling the stadium completely then having our sell out streak continue with lots of empty seats in the upper levels because we have to get corporate ticket buyers to buy them out to keep the streak alive. Let's be happy with what we have for a decade or so then see what demand is.

6-8 years.

Add suites and Huskervision to the south endzone mimicing the north. This would help fix the sound issues in the stadium as well as fix what is going to be a pretty bad windtunnel/vortex issue with the new addition. (watch the balloons try to get out of the stadium in certain conditions right now and imagine that with the east structure done.... won't be pretty if we're waiting several minutes for the balloons after the first score to clear the airspace)

Close off the corners - Finishing off the facade of the stadium is needed. - get rid of the erector set look from the exterior.

Seating in those sections isn't feasable due to the sightlines of the existing skyboxes, but some nice concourses that would improve movement around the stadium and potentially even extra bathroom/service facilities in those sections would work.

Those are the two most viatal additions next time around.

Maybe we can get Buffet to give the athletic department a billion and just start from scratch and build us our own Jerrydome.

that old fool isn't going to give us a fart in the opposite direction of the wind, let alone a billion- he's still busy trying to get his tool out of Chase Daniels bunghole

Would like to see them re do North Stadium, such a pain in the ass getting up and down, mostly down after the games.

North stadium is a cluster f___. I've been turning down seats in that end after dealing with that crap a couple times. rails in walkways that were too narrow as they were, bathroom access behind polls, IN THE RAMPS. It's ridiculous. The engineers that designed that mess outta be kicked the head.

North stadium is a cluster f___. I've been turning down seats in that end after dealing with that crap a couple times. rails in walkways that were too narrow as they were, bathroom access behind polls, IN THE RAMPS. It's ridiculous. The engineers that designed that mess outta be kicked the head.

+1

Our seats use to be in row 92 of the north end zone...it's definitely not for everyone. Takes forever to get to your seat (even longer to leave), not many concessions come your way, you'll miss half the game if you need to take a leak. Hate to sound like a whiner, but it is a little disapointing that most of the money for stadium upgrades has gone to suites rather than improving the game experience for everyone.