Stadium expansion talk

How long until further expansion?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, I really, really REALLY Don't understand the "close off the corners" stuff. There is zero need, zero reason (can't put seats there because sight line would be obstructed by the skyboxes), and really for a non-bowl stadium, we barely have any corners. Have you all seen any other stadiums?

• Fire 1

How do you guys like the endzone seating? I can't think of a stadium with as much as memorials... seems like it would kind of be a drag for the spectator

It just looks like a lot because it doesn't stack like many other stadiums. In reality, there are several other stadiums out there with fans technically further away from the field because they're higher up. If you're in the back, I'm sure it's not the greatest seat in the world, though.

How do you guys like the endzone seating? I can't think of a stadium with as much as memorials... seems like it would kind of be a drag for the spectator
It's not the distance that bothers me, but then again I haven't sat in BFE for a decade, it's the fact that the rows are stacked on top of each other. For those of us with longer legs it's a little cramped, and they pack you in pretty good horizontally too. But having been in Kyle Fied's endzone last year I can say the view and experience is better in Memorial. At Kyle Field you are completely expose to the wind on all sides, making a balming 45 deegree night chilly for a Nebraska boy, and despite being horizontally close to the field you are all but vertically removed from it.

I think the sound issues (can't hear PA in south stadium due to speakers only being in the north) as well as replay screens/ jumbotron for the people in north stadium should be addressed in the next wave of additions if there are any if not before. The benefit in sitting in the North stadium is that you can hear the PA but you can't really see replays very well from where my seats are (dead center north stadium towards the top) as the jumbotron is behind us and the other replay boards are angled such that they are hard to see. The benefit of sitting in South stadium is that you can see replays well but cannot hear anything.

I still say the lowering of the field idea I mentioned above is an easy way to add seats and make the stadium look more modern. The financial aspect should be doable as the suites on the field should be very profitable.