I have a question

chuckd

For the people that think Callahan should be fired. (I am not one of them)

Who do you think we should hire? Who is the "great" coach that could restore us to greatness?

Just wondering what everyone thinks.

(And please no stupid responses like TO or FS, because obviously neither are coming back)

Do not get me wrong on this. I support this staff and team with a lot of money every year. My comments are not to be taken as a negative.

I will be honest and say that I was not happy about BC being selected. I am still not jumping for joy about it. But I do think he is going to do a good job. He has made recruiting the priority and that has been needed for a long time. We need to get a better record going but that will come with time.

I am happy to see the attitude turn around. That indicates the kids are buying in. When that happens things get better quickly. All you have to do is look at UCLA. Their fans were wanting to fire their coach all of last year. Some were amazed he made it another year. Their QB was booed and hated last year, now most think they are the greatest turn around in College football this year.

But if I had to pick a coach to run the program it would be Pat Hill at Fresno State. He is firey, smart and will play anyone anytime. He would have been an excellent hire. I doubt he would have taken the job if offered though as Fresno State is his dream job. I truly think he is one of the best in college football. He gets the kids to play for him and makes them much better than they are suppose to be.

The only other one that I think could do the job, was Urban Meyers. But he stated he would not go to Nebraska under any circumstance. One other that I thought about was Lane Kiffen at USC.

But overall I think we got the best we could under the circumstances. I have no regrets about BC. I just think he needs the time some are not wanting to give.

Well, I am willing to give Cally another year, but NU damn well better win the North next year.

If not, I love what Joe Glenn is all about. Terrific fb coach (not just anyone can win at WYO!), and a local dude.

Firing Cally at the end of this year would further rip apart the NU football program.

After my emotional outbreak Saturday and Sunday, if the freakin' defense would have tackled in the first half, NU would have had a much better chance. Cally's gameplan to start out with was a little...off, I guess.

Again, these guys want to win for this staff...I thought it was terrific for Frankie, and now I think it's great for this staff. Maybe NU has lost the last 3 0f 4, but I don't think it was lack of effort. Mizzou--lack of good gameplan, still came back. OU--lack of good fundamentals, still came back! I like this team's moxie. Let's hope they win one more so they can get that extra month of practice!

Do not get me wrong on this. I support this staff and team with a lot of money every year. My comments are not to be taken as a negative.

I will be honest and say that I was not happy about BC being selected. I am still not jumping for joy about it. But I do think he is going to do a good job. He has made recruiting the priority and that has been needed for a long time. We need to get a better record going but that will come with time.

I am happy to see the attitude turn around. That indicates the kids are buying in. When that happens things get better quickly. All you have to do is look at UCLA. Their fans were wanting to fire their coach all of last year. Some were amazed he made it another year. Their QB was booed and hated last year, now most think they are the greatest turn around in College football this year.

But if I had to pick a coach to run the program it would be Pat Hill at Fresno State. He is firey, smart and will play anyone anytime. He would have been an excellent hire. I doubt he would have taken the job if offered though as Fresno State is his dream job. I truly think he is one of the best in college football. He gets the kids to play for him and makes them much better than they are suppose to be.

The only other one that I think could do the job, was Urban Meyers. But he stated he would not go to Nebraska under any circumstance. One other that I thought about was Lane Kiffen at USC.

But overall I think we got the best we could under the circumstances. I have no regrets about BC. I just think he needs the time some are not wanting to give.

:clap

I agree with the entire post !

Those 3 coaches would be fine, but I really want......

Bo Pelini

JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING , but that sure is funny isn't it?

But on a serious note, I think that some day in the near future, you will see a young , unproven, head caoch make a big name for himself, and that guy is Marvin Sanders (now at NC)

I thought he did a great job here, and will someday be a very good one.....

I am satisfied with Billy C..... we need to give him time, before we make unjust decisions.

I think Urban is doing a good job. I would take him if he had taken the job. But I would not fire BC to get him now. I like the firey attitude he has. He is our coach and I will support him until he isn't, just like I did with Frank.

BC is moving the program forward. That is all that can be asked. I have no complaints with him at all. I could care less about his antics. He gets the kids into the game.

I think everyone knows where i stand when it comes to this coaching staff. If i had my pick and Callahan wasn't the head coach, i would have chosen him. If i had to go with someone else, it would be norm Chow. That guy is just a flat out genius when it comes to offense. He is in my opinion, the greatest offensive mind of all times. Monte Kiffen is the greatest defensive mind of all times (yes even above Charlie McBride). If you had those 2 on the same field coaching the same team, that would be one hell of unbeatable team. If you think our 60-3 run was nice back in the 90's, these guys would double that.

Even though I firmly believe that billy c will never bring NU back to the elite, I dont know how productive firing him now would be. After pud hacked the whole firing FS/hiring process, nobody in their right mind would want that job (thanks Pud :wacko: ) Honestly, he never should have been offered the job to begin with. We were promised a "WOW" head coach, and we got a guy who just got fired for going 4-12 :bang

As far as who I would rather have seen as a coach, Mike Stoops, Chow, Kiffin (even though he is old), Meyer, Spurrier, Weis, Price, Shula, Franchionne (sp?) even Pelini or Gill (long shots) would have been better. There are a ton of great coaches out there, both proven HCs and up-and-coming assistants. In my honest opinion, this is the worst HC/staff in the Big 12 (one of the worst in the nation), the previous staff was a much, much better coaching staff.