If Nebraska wore Nike Pro Combat gear

knapplc

If done right, I think it would be awesome for a one game deal. I do wish we had Nike do our uniforms. I think they do a much better job than Adidas. Nike does a great job for Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas. Nike doesn't necessarily mean flashy in my opinion.

If we ever do an alternate uniform however, I think it's imperative that the helmet at least has the classic N on it rather than the one used in that guy's design.

Why do we have to mess with the helmets? I think if we ever did decide to jump on this uniform trend, we should keep the helmets the way they are.

Too many times, teams just completely change their look for the sake of changing their look, abandoning any trace of their old uniforms. I think it would be a great idea for us to keep the helmets the way they are and maybe add a black alternate jersey or even update our current HOME / AWAY uniforms to something a little more stylish and cool. By keeping the helmet the way it is, it preserves that classic Nebraska look, with a twist of new, cool sheik with a uniform revamping.

Everybody wins.

• Fire 1

Reminds me way too much of Cincinnati...we don't have black in our color scheme, so I don't understand the fixation with adding black.

Black is the color of authority and power. It also implies submission.

Red is the color of emotion and intensity. It also implies love.

I see your point, but I think the addition of black to either the HOME / AWAY uniforms or having an additional black alternate would be a cool way of not only pumping up the perception of Nebraska and our slow return to dominance, but it would also be a cool way of pumping up the fans and players alike.

I'm all for alternate uniforms, but the helmets should probably stay close to the same. We could easily pull off a black jersey or an alternate in red/white without being overly radical. This is a state filled with conservative republicans after all...

The corn helmets IMO aren't completely bad, but it is important to be recognized on TV and not stray too far from the original identity of the team. On top of that, I think fans of other teams would have a hay-day bashing our corn helmets if we actually went through with that. Maryland's uniforms are absolutely puketastic and the corn helmet reminded me of that a little bit...

Reminds me way too much of Cincinnati...we don't have black in our color scheme, so I don't understand the fixation with adding black.

lol COME ON, MAN

lol COME ON, MAN

He said he didn't understand the fixation with adding black.

I stated how the color is interpreted to the average human being.

What part of that is funny?

Nebraska already represents the various traits of the color red (emotion/passion, intensity, love), so why not add black and all the traits that go along with it?

Sounds like a cool idea to me, but that's just my opinion.

No real reason to laugh..