For the love of God, Tom!!

I dont think anyone couldve forseen what was going to happen this year. Between injuries and a new conference it has just overwhelmed this team and staff, and now wheels have completely fallen off. I think it's safe to say that that extension was given for the sake of continuity going into the new facilities, and he had been doing a respectable job, flirted with 20 wins for most years. Sometimes you have to gamble and put faith in a person by means of an extension/raise in order to continue to get improvement out of them, though sometimes it backfires. We just happen to have witnessed two of the largest backfires ever in the last half decade. But seriously, dont think we're the only place that has had coaches flop in the next year or two after a raise/extension.

I dont think anyone couldve forseen what was going to happen this year. Between injuries and a new conference it has just overwhelmed this team and staff, and now wheels have completely fallen off. I think it's safe to say that that extension was given for the sake of continuity going into the new facilities, and he had been doing a respectable job, flirted with 20 wins for most years. Sometimes you have to gamble and put faith in a person by means of an extension/raise in order to continue to get improvement out of them, though sometimes it backfires. We just happen to have witnessed two of the largest backfires ever in the last half decade. But seriously, dont think we're the only place that has had coaches flop in the next year or two after a raise/extension.

I would've thought a contract extention would be warranted if the team wins a conference championship...maybe beats a team in the top 5...makes the NCAA tournament...didn't see anything close to any of this. Guess the standards are just that low. I think I'm going to apply for head basketball coach. The bar has been set way below zero, and that matches my coaching abilities.

And I thought your comments in the other thread was dumb. No one could have seen this? I did. And apparently so did most major sports magazines, since they predicted that we'd finish 11th in the conference. I think you and Tom are the only ones actually surprised by this.

And I thought your comments in the other thread was dumb. No one could have seen this? I did. And apparently so did most major sports magazines, since they predicted that we'd finish 11th in the conference. I think you and Tom are the only ones actually surprised by this.

Well aint you just a fricken genius. Great how you pop on here now and say "i knew this was gonna happen" and "i saw this coming" AFTER it has happened. :clap The point is that a possible losing season is something that was unexpected. Everyone knew the conference schedule would be a struggle but the expectation of 17-20 wins wasnt out of reach. Now we're not even gonna get to 15.

You must be a politician huh?

Well aint you just a fricken genius. Great how you pop on here now and say "i knew this was gonna happen" and "i saw this coming" AFTER it has happened. :clap The point is that a possible losing season is something that was unexpected. Everyone knew the conference schedule would be a struggle but the expectation of 17-20 wins wasnt out of reach. Now we're not even gonna get to 15.

Would that I could time travel, but I wasn't a member of this board before the season started. You keep claiming "no one" saw this coming. People did. Just because you didn't doesn't mean it was incomprehensible. Again....national magazines had us finishing one spot from the bottom of the conference. Knowing that...posting a losing record was far from a long shot.

I can't believe he gave DS a contract extension this year. That decision equates the the monumental flub of giving BC an extension before his final year.

Sad part is . . . I think TO is feeling the same way. Seems to be some thought he might step down and let the new AD hire a BBall coach rather than wait 2 years. Seems to be a thought that he might worry a good BBall coach wouldn't be interested if he knew his boss that hired him was leaving in 2 years and the next guy might not want him.

For that reason Doc might get another year if he can show any type of fight. I however thinks he's done and we see either TO walk away or we see him sign a 4-5 year or a third possiblity is that we announce TO will be done in 2 years and higher the AD in waiting to help make the choice. The third would be a very strong possiblity.

Would that I could time travel, but I wasn't a member of this board before the season started. You keep claiming "no one" saw this coming. People did. Just because you didn't doesn't mean it was incomprehensible. Again....national magazines had us finishing one spot from the bottom of the conference. Knowing that...posting a losing record was far from a long shot.

One pretty much back's up the other.

What my point was is that I dont think many expected this team to be this BAD. Losing games is one things, but this team is not even competitive.

So it's not possible to finish in the bottom half of a conference and still attain 17-20 wins? :facepalm:

See "Nebraska Men's basketball program" Theyve been doing it for decades. Hell, the entire Doc era falls under this category.

I bet if Diaz and Almeida are healthy this year this team is flirting with 20 wins. I am in agreement that it's time to make a coaching change. I dont want that to get lost in all this.

I can't believe he gave DS a contract extension this year. That decision equates the the monumental flub of giving BC an extension before his final year.

Sad part is . . . I think TO is feeling the same way. Seems to be some thought he might step down and let the new AD hire a BBall coach rather than wait 2 years. Seems to be a thought that he might worry a good BBall coach wouldn't be interested if he knew his boss that hired him was leaving in 2 years and the next guy might not want him.

For that reason Doc might get another year if he can show any type of fight. I however thinks he's done and we see either TO walk away or we see him sign a 4-5 year or a third possiblity is that we announce TO will be done in 2 years and higher the AD in waiting to help make the choice. The third would be a very strong possiblity.

Wow............the third option you presented would be armageddon.................there would be more empty seats in the Bob next year than if we held a "welcome back" reception for Pedey......................

Wow............the third option you presented would be armageddon.................there would be more empty seats in the Bob next year than if we held a "welcome back" reception for Pedey......................

You think TO leaving would lead to empty seats at the devaney? People are going to the Devaney to what......sit NEAR Tom Osborne?