Sipple suggests the Doc era is over........

Comish

I'm going to bring a name up Josiah Moore he comes in very late when were down big but every time that he shoots the

ball he makes it. Why isn't this kid playing more? David Rivers and Corey Hillard get more action but there less productive.

Know who your shooters are and make plays for them............

There's more to the game than shooting.

I know but not with this team. When you have 15 points at halftime you need scoring. Period

Yeah, that was embarrassing. I'll agree with you there. I like seeing Moore out there and shooting well just as much as the rest of you do. It's nice to see younger guys that can do that. But then watch him get back on defense. He doesn't exactly look like Brandon Richardson out there, he also looks pretty timid. That's a freshman for yo I suppose. I'm excited to see Moore develop though, he could probably be a solid player.

Side note - Did anyone else see that Max Preps has Omaha Central rated at #7 in the country right now? I know that those ranking probably don't hold much water but it's still pretty cool to see.

Sadly I think TO is gonna leave this decision up to his successor! I think doc will get another year. I think we will be better next year also(20wins). I don't think TO wants to tie his successors hands with a new BB hire. These guys like to bring in their own guy which makes sense since their job depends on the coaches success. Also I feel like this can be a way for TO to get out of this situation without personally taking a hit. Hire a successor now to replace him within 2 years. Let the next guy fire doc. And TO can use stability in recruiting and recruiting to new facilities to hold off the haters!

20 wins with this talent (??) and this coach (??) in this conference (??) with this amount of negativity surrounding the program (??)...................??

Seeing the reality of the situation doesn't make one a "hater"................

• 2 weeks later...

They'd be lucky to hit 13 wins next year. They are losing their top 5 players in Spencer, Walker, McCray, Richardson and Diaz; none of the young guys have shown they can make a difference. Sure Josiah Moore hit a couple shots, but that's easy to do when the game no longer matters and you're playing against the other teams' walk-ons.

Exactly, people point to injuries as the reason this season has been so bad, but when you look at next year....there really aren't any bodies to replace the ones we're losing. We'll be lucky to match this year's record with next year's team if Doc is still here. That's the real problem, not only isn't Doc a particularly good X's and O's guy, he's an awful recruiter, despite everyone claiming he's so likable.

Kind of interesting that after a few weeks of fever concerning Doc's future, there is a significant LACK of speculation right now. Maybe it's because it's all pretty much been hashed over and/or maybe it's considered a done deal that the Doc era is over. Regardless, in light of last night's utter embarrassment, it seems odd that the local press is now strangely silent on the issue. It is almost a corelation between the worse it gets..........the less talking is done about it publicly.

Kind of interesting that after a few weeks of fever concerning Doc's future, there is a significant LACK of speculation right now. Maybe it's because it's all pretty much been hashed over and/or maybe it's considered a done deal that the Doc era is over. Regardless, in light of last night's utter embarrassment, it seems odd that the local press is now strangely silent on the issue. It is almost a corelation between the worse it gets..........the less talking is done about it publicly.

Well, there's also the risk of the local newspaper writers looking like their campaigning for Doc to lose his job. They can't write an article every week about how much he sucks, because he might actually be back, no matter how unlikely or how bad a decision that would be.

I mean, in the recap article on the LJS, they did point out how bad a performance this was, there just wasn't a follow up editorial mentioning how badly Doc needs to leave.

Part of it is such a lack of interest. The other part is the writers jumped on this when it was a story a few weeks and, unfortunately, since then the team has not produced any other stories such as a great game to possibly turn the tide. It's a bit hard to write more than one piece about potential candidates. If I'm Tom, the lack of talk actually concerns me more than if there was rampant speculation about the program. Apathy is far worse than anger.

Sorry...couldn't hear the concern about the basketball team...too many crickets chirping