Sipple suggests the Doc era is over........

Comish

The thing I've always liked about Sipple is his level-headedness. He says the things that should be said. Sometimes that doesn't please the sky-is-falling crowd because the tenor of his articles are more upbeat than they're feeling after a football loss. Because of this, Sip is often pegged as a fan-boy rather than a reporter. Bottom line is, Sip tends to see things from a much keener perspective than the fan in the stands. He is more fair than many of the other journalists covering Husker sports. And while it's painful to read an article like this, I think it is also a fair analysis of the state of the program.

The thing I've always liked about Sipple is his level-headedness. He says the things that should be said. Sometimes that doesn't please the sky-is-falling crowd because the tenor of his articles are more upbeat than they're feeling after a football loss. Because of this, Sip is often pegged as a fan-boy rather than a reporter. Bottom line is, Sip tends to see things from a much keener perspective than the fan in the stands. He is more fair than many of the other journalists covering Husker sports. And while it's painful to read an article like this, I think it is also a fair analysis of the state of the program.

I agree it is a fair analysis of the program. I was just a little surprised he was bold enough to acknowledge it.

I think you're giving Sipple FAR too much credit. He's already anointed Erstad as a success, with nothing to back it up. Sipple IS a fan boy. Which is why that article was striking. As I said to a friend of mine, when Steve Sipple jumps off your bandwagon, the bandwagon has lost all four tires and is probably on fire.

Hell, Sipple will still claim Mike Anderson didn't get a fair shake.

My question is this. Which is the better thing to do knowing the season is completely lost 1) fire Doc now and try to salvage any kind of momentum heading into the offseason and a coaching search, or 2) keep Doc cuz it's supposedly never good to fire a coach during the season and stomach this thing spiraling beyond the out-of-controllness that it has already become.

I think you're giving Sipple FAR too much credit. He's already anointed Erstad as a success, with nothing to back it up. Sipple IS a fan boy. Which is why that article was striking. As I said to a friend of mine, when Steve Sipple jumps off your bandwagon, the bandwagon has lost all four tires and is probably on fire.

We're talking about the same Sipple that openly lamented that Texas A&M got the better of the two coaches when Van Horn left?

Hardly.

• Fire 1

I seriously doubt that TO will pull the rug out from under Doc with games left to play. He left BC as coach until the end. I think Tom has a better relationship with Doc that he had with Callahan.

I agree that T.O. would not publically fire him during the season................but the negativity surrounding the program HAS to convince him to be burning up the phone lines NOW so that we aren't competing with everyone else for new blood at the end of this dismal season.

We're talking about the same Sipple that openly lamented that Texas A&M got the better of the two coaches when Van Horn left?

Hardly.

I agree that T.O. would not publically fire him during the season................but the negativity surrounding the program HAS to convince him to be burning up the phone lines NOW so that we aren't competing with everyone else for new blood at the end of this dismal season.

You mean like he did with the baseball coach?

I seriously doubt that TO will pull the rug out from under Doc with games left to play. He left BC as coach until the end. I think Tom has a better relationship with Doc that he had with Callahan.

Just speculation on my part, but I suspect when he didn't return for the second half that he was in his office making preliminary calls already. Probably not to candidates, but to other ADs or people he trusts for any advice they may have on prospects.

Just speculation on my part, but I suspect when he didn't return for the second half that he was in his office making preliminary calls already. Probably not to candidates, but to other ADs or people he trusts for any advice they may have on prospects.

I really don't want to say this, but I hope your right. I wish we could win out and still fire Doc. Does that make any sense.