Sipple suggests the Doc era is over........

Comish

I understand people are upset about the contract extension, but get over it because most firings are going to occur within a couple years of an extension. The fact of the matter is, contracts today aren't going to be setup up much further than probably 6 years. That gives a stability for one year of recruiting, possibly two (but not for guys in that second class that would redshirt). Every coach is going to go to his AD and say 'hey, I need another couple years on that contract, opposing coaches are holding against me with the recruits,' so every few years there's going to be an extension. That means your chances of a firing coming within a couple years of an extension are extremely high. Not saying it makes any sense, just saying get used to it cause that's how it is.

"Get over it?" Come on. There's a rather large difference between getting fired within a couple of years of an extension and getting fired within a calendar year of an extension - or, should be getting fired, but won't be because the long-term plan means you get one more year.

There's no two ways around this. The extension was a bad idea. It was unnecessary by any stretch of the imagination.

Sadly I think TO is gonna leave this decision up to his successor! I think doc will get another year. I think we will be better next year also(20wins). I don't think TO wants to tie his successors hands with a new BB hire. These guys like to bring in their own guy which makes sense since their job depends on the coaches success. Also I feel like this can be a way for TO to get out of this situation without personally taking a hit. Hire a successor now to replace him within 2 years. Let the next guy fire doc. And TO can use stability in recruiting and recruiting to new facilities to hold off the haters!

Anyone read the Barfy article in the OWH regarding possible successors to Doc?

Yep.

Mostly Barf was just tossing out names. Very little research or thought went into the "candidates" portion, it seems. But it's what happens when you have a coach on the outs. You speculate who's going to replace him.

Sorry Knapplc. In hindsight, I should have done a keyword search on 'Barfy'. :)

"Get over it?" Come on. There's a rather large difference between getting fired within a couple of years of an extension and getting fired within a calendar year of an extension - or, should be getting fired, but won't be because the long-term plan means you get one more year.

There's no two ways around this. The extension was a bad idea. It was unnecessary by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree totally We better get Warren on the phone to cover this up

Sadly I think TO is gonna leave this decision up to his successor! I think doc will get another year. I think we will be better next year also(20wins). I don't think TO wants to tie his successors hands with a new BB hire. These guys like to bring in their own guy which makes sense since their job depends on the coaches success. Also I feel like this can be a way for TO to get out of this situation without personally taking a hit. Hire a successor now to replace him within 2 years. Let the next guy fire doc. And TO can use stability in recruiting and recruiting to new facilities to hold off the haters!

20 wins?

I'm going to bring a name up Josiah Moore he comes in very late when were down big but every time that he shoots the

ball he makes it. Why isn't this kid playing more? David Rivers and Corey Hillard get more action but there less productive.

Know who your shooters are and make plays for them............

What in the name of holy god makes you think we're going to be BETTER next year? We lose quite a bit of "talent" off this team.

I'm going to bring a name up Josiah Moore he comes in very late when were down big but every time that he shoots the

ball he makes it. Why isn't this kid playing more? David Rivers and Corey Hillard get more action but there less productive.

There's more to the game than shooting.

Gumbercules says we are losing alot of "talent" from this team! You must be on our coaching staff! This team is no better than an 8th place team in the MVC! I like our incoming class. I can see us getting to 20 wins next year. First off, you all need to be made aware of my thoughts on 20 wins before you indict me for such a prediction.

20 wins ain't what it used to be! Nowadays you can get 12-14 wins by playing a weak ass non-con schedule.(see Alecs marics senior year)

Playing a 33-35 game schedule these days, my standard for a quality team is 8-10 losses.

Gumbercules says we are losing alot of "talent" from this team! You must be on our coaching staff! This team is no better than an 8th place team in the MVC! I like our incoming class. I can see us getting to 20 wins next year. First off, you all need to be made aware of my thoughts on 20 wins before you indict me for such a prediction.

20 wins ain't what it used to be! Nowadays you can get 12-14 wins by playing a weak ass non-con schedule.(see Alecs marics senior year)

Playing a 33-35 game schedule these days, my standard for a quality team is 8-10 losses.

Heck, last year we were to 13 or 14 before conference play even started.

There's more to the game than shooting.

I know but not with this team. When you have 15 points at halftime you need scoring. Period