Now that one season is over, are you happy you left?

Nonregag09

I am glad we left the big 12 because the big ten conf fits the values of neb and it fits the type of football neb use to be and working towards now. i think there will be some very good rivalries in the coming years. I can already see Mich as becoming a very good one even thou it was just one game but that game really erked me off. I can also see one with MSU and Iowa but i still think Iowa will be the likes of Iowa state maybe a little better. I cant wait for the next season to start this off season really sucks lol

Glad to have the Huskers in the Big Ten being an OSU fan.

Overall it's a homerun. Midwest school, national fanbase and profile, great history, academics,and the fans are as passionate as they come and they expect excellence(which the Big Ten needs more of)

Really looking forward to the game we play in The Shoe this year and I'm hoping that my alumni tix will be that game. My guess is that it will be a night game.

Hopefully we can keep the rowdyness down. We weren't too kind to Texas fans when they came in but we've done better since. didn't see bad when Miami of Florida or USC came to town.

It's hard to be nice to db's. They're always right. Ask them.

I think the move was a good one for the Huskers. Nebraska was able to retain their football reputation by moving to a weaker conference rather than having to make the death-march of the Big 12's round robin schedule where the Huskers anemic defense and sputtering offense would have been exposed weekend after weekend by teams like OK State, Baylor, Oklahoma and...yes...even Iowa State. Much better to play in a conference where you can take a weekend or two off every now an then against teams like Minnesota, Indiana and Illinois...

Don't get me wrong...I love the Huskers but I think the program dodged the really big "we are no longer relevant in the conference" bullet by getting out when it did.

I DO miss the trips to Lincoln to watch my Cyclones drub the Huskers in basketball once a year however...

I think the move was a good one for the Huskers. Nebraska was able to retain their football reputation by moving to a weaker conference rather than having to make the death-march of the Big 12's round robin schedule where the Huskers anemic defense and sputtering offense would have been exposed weekend after weekend by teams like OK State, Baylor, Oklahoma and...yes...even Iowa State. Much better to play in a conference where you can take a weekend or two off every now an then against teams like Minnesota, Indiana and Illinois...

Don't get me wrong...I love the Huskers but I think the program dodged the really big "we are no longer relevant in the conference" bullet by getting out when it did.

I DO miss the trips to Lincoln to watch my Cyclones drub the Huskers in basketball once a year however...

tumblr_lerqs1BAlT1qcfba3o1_500.gif

• Fire 1

Cy ... that's a nice jab. I do agree with you ... the B1G was a far easier road this year then the Big 12. Long term it is a better fit ... and that's the point.

On the other hand, the long term options for the Cyclones don't look to good. It's nice to see a Cyclone fan cocky off of a few decent wins ... especially knowing that it's been like in various years just to be Northern Iowa. I'm hopeful that Iowa State won't end up in the same conference with Northern Iowa and win atleast half the recruiting battles against them. If not, a very average B1G team like Iowa will roll you almost every year.

We miss you too, Cy.

1. Amazing. You guys beat Nebraska once every twenty years and you think you're on our level and can hang with us on a year end, year out level? LMAO. The last time you beat Nebrasks you went +8 in turnovers and you won by two points. Do you think that if Iowa State plays Nebraska and loses 8 turnovers that the Huskers would only win by two points? We'd win by 70+ easily. As for the rest of your "argument" Baylor is going back into the toilet without RG3 and Okie St loses their QB and top WR so they'll be down. Texas is pretty much through as Mack Brown has pretty much ran his course. Oklahoma, well no change there they'll still be exceptional.

Face it...the conference heretofore known as "Texas and the little 11" has one premiere game: UT vs OU. All other games are pretty much yawn fests--from a national perspective.

Conversely in the Big 10 we have Neb vs Mich, Mich St, Penn St, and Iowa every year and games against Wisc and OSU twice every four years. We have a much tougher divisional slate in the Big 10 than we ever did in the Big 12. Teams like Missouri, Kansas State and Colorado didn't rise to Nebraska's level--we fell to theirs thanks to our incompetent former HC. But we're getting back to the nation's elite--a rarified air that Iowa State will NEVER breathe.

2. In 2009 and 2010 it was the offense that was the problem--not the defense.

LOL...a cyclone fan. You guys get exceedingly lucky once a decade and beat a "big team" and you think you're hot stuff...LOL.

Cy -

You are going to have to drop in more- we have lots of neophytes from another board that have to acquire your fine sense of sarcasm.

Neophytes-

Cy is a good guy, native Nebraskan who was paid 50 pieces of silver to play for ISU. Before we "movi(ed) on up, to the East side" he was our own loveable Bucky. But now he is too busy scratching Mack Brown's itches to post here any more.