Who's going to be our new "tex-A$$"

gin_32

I agree that the nemesis will be Michigan. I can't believe how quickly Hoke turned it around; logic dictated that they would be down longer than that.

Not to take anything way from Hoke since it was his decision...but Greg Mattison is the one that turned it around. A hire like that is where I was so hopefully Pelini would go last year or this year. Just wasn't too be.

I will never hate another team as much as I hate Texas, but just for offseason's sake my vote goes to Michigan. I hate Brady Hoke, I hate their colors, I hate their stadium, not a lot to like about that school. And sharing the MNC in 97? Give me a break.

Back when we had a comfortable living in the Big 8 with our friends from Oklahoma, I always was weary about having Texas into the conference. Since the Big 12, Texas has had our number numerous times and now since that chapter in Husker history is over, I'm wondering who is going to be a thorn in our a$$ now that we don't have them on our schedule anymore. I know we only had one season in the B1G and it might be too soon judge, however, I truely believe that Michigan is going to be spoiler to us more than it should. Any thoughts??

Gotta to love the off-season!

Most of the time it seemed like Nebraska had Nebraska's number vs Texas.

Back when we had a comfortable living in the Big 8 with our friends from Oklahoma, I always was weary about having Texas into the conference. Since the Big 12, Texas has had our number numerous times and now since that chapter in Husker history is over, I'm wondering who is going to be a thorn in our a$$ now that we don't have them on our schedule anymore. I know we only had one season in the B1G and it might be too soon judge, however, I truely believe that Michigan is going to be spoiler to us more than it should. Any thoughts??

Gotta to love the off-season!

Most of the time it seemed like Nebraska had Nebraska's number vs Texas.

I'd agree with that.

I can't imagine there will ever be a team I hate as much or want to beat as badly as Texass. I can't foresee having any problem beating any team in the B1G, on the scale of the problems we had with Texass, except for possibly Ohio St. so I guess it's them. And, I agree that we could just as easily be their Texass.

I'm getting the itch

So...stop sleeping with prostitutes then

I laughed.....A LOT.

To the OP, I think it becomes OSU. They pump out the cash for great athletics much like the Whorns. But I am honestly done "fixating" on them. sh#t seemed to happen when Nu played them and the ball never seemed to bounce the right way. It's their arrogance that drove me up the wall.

As for teams comparing to old foes I would go with the following.

Wisky=Mizzou. Talented enough to win more than it's fair share of games

Michigan=Okie from Big 8 days

Iowa=Colorado. Delusional fans obsessed with their neighbor. No matter the teams records or talent level, it will probably always be a close game

MSU=KState. Annoying kid that bites ya once in a while.

Minnesota=KU. If they hire a 500lb coach anything can happen.

Northwestern=A&M with a shade of ISU when pulling an upset/making a game out of it. Respect the school.

Penn State=well they could become a combination of them all, or become like a chameleon changing from one school to another.

I would say the team that will take over as our Texas will be Ohio State. I think we got pretty fortunate this year with Miller getting hurt and now that they have Urban Meyer it's going to be a dogfight every single year, not to mention how tough it will be to win in the horseshoe.

Michigan is going to take over for Oklahoma in my book. I just see that turning into a really fun game every year with mutual respect between the two historic programs. I can tell already that "Hail to the Victors" is going to rank right up there with "Boomer Sooner" on my list of most hated fight songs though.

You could say that Northwestern is going to fill in for Iowa State as that pesky team in our division that is upset prone.

The list goes on, but to answer your question, I think Ohio State is going to give us problems in the future.

I agree with this post. good stuff

Good analysis

I agree with Ohio State. For me, Wisconsin is going to be our new Oklahoma. Colorado. They are so much like us and there is that 'Barry Alvarez was a former Husker' thang too. But I could see Michigan being the new OU as well. I also agree with the 'Northwestern=Iowa State' as the pesky team that we will have to watch out for every year.

IF we get to beating them often - based on fan behavior only

Also correct. Wisconsin = Colorado (without a NC) and I have the proof!!!:

_______Wisconsin____________________________Colorado______________

1990_______1-10______0-8____Alvarez____________________________

1991_______5-6_______2-6______________1982_______2-8-1___1-5-1__McCartney

1992_______5-6_______3-5______________1983_______4-7_____2-5_______

1993_______10-1-1____6-1-1____________1984_______1-10____1-6_______

1994_______7-4-1_____4-3-1____________1985_______7-5_____4-3_______

1995_______4-5-2_____3-4-1____________1986_______6-6_____6-1_______

1996_______8-5_______3-5______________1987_______7-4_____4-3_______

1997_______8-5_______5-3______________1988_______8-4_____4-3_______

1998_______11-1______7-1______________1989_______11-1____7-0_______

1999_______10-2______7-1______________1990_______11-1-1__7-0_______

2000_______9-4_______4-4______________1991_______8-3-1___6-0-1_______

2001_______5-7_______3-5______________1992_______9-2-1___5-1-1_______

2002_______8-6_______2-6______________1993_______8-3-1___5-1-1_______

2003_______7-6_______4-4______________1994_______11-1____6-1_______

2004_______9-3_______6-2______________1995_______11-2____5-2___Neuheisel

2005_______10-3______5-3______________1996_______10-2____7-1_______

2006_______12-1______7-1__Bielema_____1997_______0-5_____0-7_______

2007_______9-4_______5-3______________1998_______4-4_____8-4_______

2008_______7-6_______3-5______________1999_______5-3_____7-5___Barnett

2009_______10-3______5-3______________2000_______3-8_____3-5_______

2010_______11-2______7-1______________2001_______10-3____7-1_______

2011_______11-3______6-2______________2002_______9-5_____7-1_______

______________________________________2003_______5-7_____3-5_______

______________________________________2004_______8-5_____4-4_______

______________________________________2005_______7-5_____5-3_______

______________________________________2006_______2-10____2-6____Hawkins

______________________________________2007_______6-7_____4-4_______

______________________________________2008_______5-7_____2-6_______

______________________________________2009_______3-9_____2-6_______

______________________________________2010_______5-7_____2-6_______

Based on my analysis, Wisconsin will have a few 4 or 5 loss seasons.... followed by a coaching change.

Also correct. Wisconsin = Colorado (without a NC) and I have the proof!!!

Colorado's fan base made Colorado what it is.

Wisconsin is not Colorado.

Based on my analysis, Wisconsin will have a few 4 or 5 loss seasons.... followed by a coaching change.

Does that analysis also hold for the Huskers?

Also correct. Wisconsin = Colorado (without a NC) and I have the proof!!!

Colorado's fan base made Colorado what it is.

Wisconsin is not Colorado.

Does that analysis also hold for the Huskers?

I think that's the main reason Wisconsin is being compared to Colorado sometimes. Have you seen their students at the game? It's very Colorado like.

And since we've had 4 straight 4 loss seasons I'd say it doesn't hold true, and I find it impossible to believe Wisconsin would fire Brett w/ a 4 or 5 loss season. Couple 6 loss seasons in a row...maybe. But that holds true for almost every BCS team.

The only reason that Nebraska fans have a problem with TexA$$ is because they like to crow about their W/L record in the Big XII against us, but many of those wins have come by very dubious/shady means. To wit:

-1996 Big XII Title Game--Team comes down with mysterious stomach flu-like symptoms overnight after arriving for the game in St. Louis, including over half the starters.

-1999 @ Austin--Eric Crouch throws two complete passes in a row that were ruled incomplete on a last minute comeback drive. Even Brent Musburger, who was calling the game, couldn't believe the calls and said as much during the telecast. And if you think Bo Pelini gets mad...Solich was damn near about to rip the head off of an official during that game. :-|

-2007 @ Austin--Texas gets three phantom holding penalties in a row to help them matriculate the ball downfield for the final score of the game.

-2009 Big XII Title Game--Officials add a fraudulent second back onto the clock at the end of the game, after going against what they have done all game long in allowing extra seconds to tick off after incomplete passes and not correcting the clock operator.

And let's not overlook the fact that the head of officiating in the Big XII is a Texas-alum (Walt Anderson).

---

So yes, I think Bucky is right in that there won't be another Texa$$ for Nebraska.

I would like to think the Big 10 teams won't stoop so low.

• Fire 2

The only reason that Nebraska fans have a problem with TexA$$ is because they like to crow about their W/L record in the Big XII against us, but many of those wins have come by very dubious/shady means. To wit:

-1996 Big XII Title Game--Team comes down with mysterious stomach flu-like symptoms overnight after arriving for the game in St. Louis, including over half the starters.

-1999 @ Austin--Eric Crouch throws two complete passes in a row that were ruled incomplete on a last minute comeback drive. Even Brent Musburger, who was calling the game, couldn't believe the calls and said as much during the telecast. And if you think Bo Pelini gets mad...Solich was damn near about to rip the head off of an official during that game. :-|

-2007 @ Austin--Texas gets three phantom holding penalties in a row to help them matriculate the ball downfield for the final score of the game.

-2009 Big XII Title Game--Officials add a fraudulent second back onto the clock at the end of the game, after going against what they have done all game long in allowing extra seconds to tick off after incomplete passes and not correcting the clock operator.

And let's not overlook the fact that the head of officiating in the Big XII is a Texas-alum (Walt Anderson).

---

So yes, I think Bucky is right in that there won't be another Texa$$ for Nebraska.

I would like to think the Big 10 teams won't stoop so low.

Kudos for this post.