Huskers Vs Zags Game 3

One can only hope. That he will never post here again that is. :thumbs

Well, if they start winning, he will have nothing to bitch about. Which is what all of his posts have been. Bitching about basketball. Bitching about baseball. How he knew basketball would suck and Erstad was a crappy hire.

We've sucked in basketball for a decade and in baseball for 3+ plus years. Odd that I'm unhappy about it....isn't it?

Well, I wouldn't know. Im a Creighton fan in both. I follow Nebraska and want them to do well, but if they don't, oh well.

I'm gonna skip right past the part where I don't even understand why you're jumping into the discussion when you don't care all that much anyway and just ask. If Creighton's basketball team had been AWFUL for 10+ straight seasons and their baseball team had gone from one of the best in the country, to one of the worst in the conference....would you be happy about it?

Well, Ill answer your question that you didn't ask. Im a baseball coach and knows what it takes to be a successful one at that. I have a knowledge of the game, but not even close to as much as DE does. And it annoys me when people who have minimal knowledge of the game condemn a hire before the season even starts and then comes to bitch about it and say he knew it the whole time.

And as far as Creighton goes, I didn't even know who Greg McDermott was when the hired him. I actually gave him an opportunity to prove himself and look what hes done this season. Last season wasn't very good at all. Your unhappy about the DE hire. That is what you've been bitching about the whole thread. Not the team, the coach. Hes coached three games for godsake.

I especially liked the part of the Erstad hire when they let him cut every player on the current roster and let him give 40 scholarships to current MLB All-Stars, who all accepted. Damn right fire him after 3 games...if you can't get a win after 3 games with that kind of talent, hit the bricks.

Sorry...now you can return to whether or not to fire the manager after 3 games.

Go! Gonzaga! G-O-N-Z-A-G-A!

Okay, I'll be honest. I haven't paid attention to anything baseball since 6th grade. But whatever. I just like Zag's basketball. Their home games are a lotta fun. If anyone is in the Spokane Area after next year over Winter and wants to see a game let me know! I can get tickets whenever for free.

I especially liked the part of the Erstad hire when they let him cut every player on the current roster and let him give 40 scholarships to current MLB All-Stars, who all accepted. Damn right fire him after 3 games...if you can't get a win after 3 games with that kind of talent, hit the bricks.

You mean we can return to the discussion no one was having? Awesome

• Fire 1

Congrats on being a successful coach. Clearly you know what it takes to win at whatever level you are at. That doesn't mean you KNOW that Erstad will succeed. If "knowledge of the game" was the sole factor in whether a coach is successful or not, then every former player in the NFL, NBA and MLB would be tremendously successful coaches 100% of the time. Since you're a coach, I would think you would know that quite a bit more goes into it than that but whatever....I get it, you like Erstad and you're offended that I don't think he'll succeed and because I'm not a coach or former major leaguer I'm not entitled to my opinion. Duly noted.

I jumped on the Erstad bandwagon the first second that he was hired. I had wanted Anderson gone for 3 years, and now that he is, I couldn't be happier. On top of that, we get a really good pitching coach in Silva. I'm excited about the direction of the program right now, and I will wait more than 3 games to see what this team can become. It's a long season, and if we find some relief pitching, this team could potentially be really good.

Congrats on being a successful coach. Clearly you know what it takes to win at whatever level you are at. That doesn't mean you KNOW that Erstad will succeed. If "knowledge of the game" was the sole factor in whether a coach is successful or not, then every former player in the NFL, NBA and MLB would be tremendously successful coaches 100% of the time. Since you're a coach, I would think you would know that quite a bit more goes into it than that but whatever....I get it, you like Erstad and you're offended that I don't think he'll succeed and because I'm not a coach or former major leaguer I'm not entitled to my opinion. Duly noted.

When did I say I knew Erstad was going to be a good coach? I said he has potential. Its a pity your not willing to see what he becomes and you judge his coaching performance and want him fired after three games. At least wait til the season is over and then if they still stink and have not improved at all, then your opinion may have a little more substance. Just a quick question for the Husker fans that listened/watched the games this weekend. Did you see any improvement at all from last season to the beginning of this season? if the answer is yes, that improvement happened in little over a month. Just imagine the improvement by May. Sounds to me like they have improved and just need to find someone to close.

Your rhetoric indicates you had him fired from day one, but since your opinion isn't worth anything to anyone at UNL, I guess you'll just have to keep hoping and hating.

Your rhetoric indicates you had him fired from day one, but since your opinion isn't worth anything to anyone at UNL, I guess you'll just have to keep hoping and hating.

No my rhetoric has specifically been that I didn't want him hired period. Now that he's hired, I hope he's successful. I just don't think he will be. I keep saying this, and you guys keep claiming I'm saying something else entirely.

When did I say I knew Erstad was going to be a good coach? I said he has potential. Its a pity your not willing to see what he becomes and you judge his coaching performance and want him fired after three games. At least wait til the season is over and then if they still stink and have not improved at all, then your opinion may have a little more substance. Just a quick question for the Husker fans that listened/watched the games this weekend. Did you see any improvement at all from last season to the beginning of this season? if the answer is yes, that improvement happened in little over a month. Just imagine the improvement by May. Sounds to me like they have improved and just need to find someone to close.

Jesus H. Christ. I didn't say I wanted him fired after three games. In fact, I hope he succeeds. See guy who says I keep repeating myself? This is why I have to keep repeating myself because guys like Foppa and Po Belini keep claiming I'm saying something I NEVER EFFING SAID. One last time. I didn't want him here. Now that he's here I hope he succeeds, I just don't think he will. I think hiring him will eventually set the program back further. So would firing him after three games. so would firing him after this season....happy now? Do you freaking comprehend what I'm saying yet?

I'm curious, what improvement do you think you heard, since you clearly didn't watch the games? I'm honestly curious because I don't know how you could possibly make that assumption, especially since we still had bullpen, defensive, baserunning and hitting with RISP problems. Where SPECIFICALLY do you think we improved?

Where SPECIFICALLY do you think we improved?

We improved in the fact that we don't have dumbass Anderson in the dugout anymore, and now we have a guy who is passionate about the university because he is a Nebraska alum, and has also played on a team that won the World Series.

We also improved because Silva is the best pitching coach that Nebraska has had since Childress left.

We improved in the fact that we don't have dumbass Anderson in the dugout anymore, and now we have a guy who is passionate about the university because he is a Nebraska alum, and has also played on a team that won the World Series.

We also improved because Silva is the best pitching coach that Nebraska has had since Childress left.

I'm sorry, are you honestly trying to claim that Anderson didn't give a crap about the University or winning? I mean, he was a crappy coach but he wanted to win as much as anyone.

I'm sorry, are you honestly trying to claim that Anderson didn't give a crap about the University or winning? I mean, he was a crappy coach but he wanted to win as much as anyone. Are you really trying to claim that a dude (Erstad) who spent four (five?) years here as a student then came back a season ago as an assistant cares more about the University than a dude who has been a coach in one position or another at the University for what? 15-20 years? REALLY????? On the scale of dumb assertions, this is an 11.

So a ton of this freaking out is a result of probably the crappiest part of NU's team last year(the bullpen) not being fixed three games in. OK, got it.

And Gumby, people would quit bagging on you if you didn't remind everyone that you were against this hire in every other post. For hoping that DE "proves you wrong" you just really don't come off as that. The majority of your posts come off as "See, I was right. He sucks. And this team will never be a winner with him at the helm." I know there hasn't been much positive so far in a YOUNG season, but your negativity towards DE will irk others. Let's just see how the team responds this week end.

And PPS, I am still awaiting you Chicago Cubs analogy response.