Made a bet with Ohio State Fan

mwj98

WHY would you wager money on something over which you have zero control? I've never understood the gambler's mentality. I wouldn't bet a dime on that game, let alone a grand.

I used to bet a lot of football. It's not that a person feels they have any control over the situation but simply that they think they understand the matchup better than whatever line they are dealing with. I usually made money when my heart wasn't involved. But, you are very correct in that anything can happen. There is no such thing as a sure thing when gambling. That's the main reason I don't do it anymore other than an occasional "friendly" wager. Nothing wrong with it as long as the person has the money or dignity to give up.

• Fire 1

Ok.....so I played a little golf yesterday and had some drinks in me. Ran into a friend golfing (Big time Ohio State Fan). We win he wears Nebraska shirt and post the flag. Buckeyes win, I have to do the opposite, plus plant a buckeye plant in my yard. so then I had to up the ante (damn alcohol), added about 1k dollars.

I will take donations from the board. Damn, I'm hungover

If you have to plant a buckeye plant than he'll have to plant some corn in his backyard

Ok.....so I played a little golf yesterday and had some drinks in me. Ran into a friend golfing (Big time Ohio State Fan). We win he wears Nebraska shirt and post the flag. Buckeyes win, I have to do the opposite, plus plant a buckeye plant in my yard. so then I had to up the ante (damn alcohol), added about 1k dollars.

I will take donations from the board. Damn, I'm hungover

If you have to plant a buckeye plant than he'll have to plant some corn in his backyard

And it can't be sweet corn either. It's gotta be field corn.

WHY would you wager money on something over which you have zero control? I've never understood the gambler's mentality. I wouldn't bet a dime on that game, let alone a grand.

Only bet with what you and your opponent have in excess, and winning should be more about bragging rights than monetary gain.