How long do you give Cally now?

How much longer?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nebraska's troubles have only just begun. Nebraska will not get top recruits until they get a top coach who has a clue. Nebraska will not see a great I back for a while, why they don’t run the football. Good backs won’t come to a school where they don’t touch the ball. As for QB nor more Frosts, Frazier’s, Crouches, Berringers. No top QB recruit is coming to Nebraska when he can be coached under a guy who has clue.

I am not sure who to blame the AD or Coach. They have pissed on the traditions Nebraska greats have built. How much more will it take. No bowl game this year. No top 25 this year No winning season this year.

Bill C= the fall of Nebraska football.

Bring back the run and power football Nebraska is =known for.

Bill C= the fall of Nebraska football.

IMO that has been the work of SP. im really not a big BC fan, but he is in somewhat of a no win situation. he was brought into a place where his style of coaching may never suceed, seems like hes a professional type and this program has always been a family type. as far as the poll, i voted for the whole contract, i may not really like him, but hes one of the few who had the balls to take the job and ill give him credit for coming into a very undesireable situation. i personally dont think BC will suceed here, but IMO he should be given the chance, we dont need another FS type thing unfolding. IMO SP should go before cally, he started the whole thing so he should be held responsable first.

Looks like the bandwagon just broke - or was that just all of you jumping off?

Everyone knew that last year was a lost cause and this is BC's 1st year really.

We will have an infusion of talent next year but look for similar results that we have been having these last 2 years because HIS recruits will only be true freshmen or redshirt fresmen or sophmores.  These kids need time to develop under this new system and your berating of the coach does not help in anyway (unless you are doing it just to make yourself feel better).  Take a step back from the computer go check the depth charts re-analyze the situation and then do your posting -  do not just go on YOUR  emotions now.  RANT OVER

:cheers

So....what you are saying is KU has better talent on the field then we did? So...what you are saying is we had better talent then OU on the field two weeks ago? Yet we lose to a team that has started the most true Freshman in the nation this year? So...what you are saying is eventhough this OL is not recruited by BC and that they weren't WCO players but instead power football OL they can't block for a RB? Sorry Neb Bob I don't buy it!

We will have an infusion of talent next year but look for similar results that we have been having these last 2 years because HIS recruits will only be true freshmen or redshirt fresmen or sophmores.  These kids need time to develop under this new system and your berating of the coach does not help in anyway (unless you are doing it just to make yourself feel better).  Take a step back from the computer go check the depth charts re-analyze the situation and then do your posting -  do not just go on YOUR  emotions now.  RANT OVER

So....what you are saying is KU has better talent on the field then we did? So...what you are saying is we had better talent then OU on the field two weeks ago? Yet we lose to a team that has started the most true Freshman in the nation this year? So...what you are saying is eventhough this OL is not recruited by BC and that they weren't WCO players but instead power football OL they can't block for a RB? Sorry Neb Bob I don't buy it!

I will buy it Bob. I help coach for my boys' 5th & 6th grade FB team and even at that level we substatute OL in and out. NU has noone the sub in. They have got to be as worn out as all hell.

I will buy it Bob. I help coach for my boys' 5th & 6th grade FB team and even at that level we substatute OL in and out. NU has noone the sub in. They have got to be as worn out as all hell.

Worn out on the first play of the game? Jesus Christ those must be some tremendous warmups we're going through before the game! :sarcasm

Taylor got sacked the first play from scrimmage against OU. Our OL isn't wearing out because sh#t they only were on the field 49 snaps against KU. If we dominated and began to fall off, I might buy some of that sand you're selling. The fact is, they start out bad and end bad.

Penn State was 4 and 7 last year. They infused a bunch of freshmen this year, and look at them now! Hell Even Texas and USC which one of them will win the whole bag of marbles this year have true freshmen STARTING for them this year. If we had such a wonder boy recruiting class, wouldn't you think we'd have more of them starting and making impacts like the other teams? OU starts the most freshmen out there. They have lost 3 games. One to the number 1 or 2 team in the country Texas, one to undefeated and top 10 UCLA, and 1 to TCU who the last I knew was top 25 and only had lost one game.

I for one am getting tired of the excuses. Penn State probably told Joe Pa to shape up or ship out. You don't go 4 and 7 one year and whalaaa be near the top ten the next without great recruiting and player development in freshmen. We have no one to develop players. We have no coaching leadership which leads to no player leadership. Someone should explain to this team that the only way they can catch their tail is to simply stop chasing it. College players are not the same as million dollar pro players. They don't have the cash to motivate them. In college, the coach needs to motivate and lead the team. These coaches are not leading them!

I think firing Pud is the wrong thing to do.... We need to arrest his butt for intentionaly wrecking the years of Husker tradition. I am not saying the death chair or anything, just 20-30 years, or maybe he stays in until are back in the top 25 for 18 years or what ever.

Seriously, I think there needs to be some major coaching changes especially the oline and defensive cord. BOth of these areas get worse every game.

Please admins, file this thread away so it can be recalled in a couple years. This is some funny stuff. Can you give a guy a chacne to get recruits in that are used to catching the ball and pass blocking. If after 2007 we are middle of the pack in the Big 12 then you have an argument, but until he gets some players for his offense this is just ludicrous.

My God! How pathetic do you want our Husker Nation to look? Yeah, we look pathetic right now, but everyone around the country already makes fun of us for firing Solich in the first place. Let's be honest with ourselves, Solich came in, took a strong TO team, and started making Nebraska look like a joke. Should we have fired him? No. Absolutely not. Yet, at least his program was a rapidly declining team. Solich was unable to recruit solid players to come play even HIS style of offense, whereas at least Callahan is improving this aspect of the team. Even after the last several games, Callahan is improving this team. Yes, it is a new system, and yes, sometimes it looks like we are having monkeys writing the play calls, but give it time (as I am sure many of you hate hearing ... again). We, the fans, often like to think of ourselves as knowing everything there is to know about our team, and that we know how our program should be run, but let's face it: none of us know what is going on better than the coaches. It is really easy for us to sit in our "Ivory Towers" and complain about what is going on in our Husker Nation, but ultimately we A ) have no real tangible power to change it, and B ) no real knowledge of the situation. I know at this point it sounds silly to ask people to just trust in the system, but the system is brand new and we aren't even giving it a chance. Heck, when America was first created we had to go through some changes to our Democracy until we found the right system. Right know, we are transferring power from the Monarchy to the Democracy, otherwise known as the I-Formation O to the WCO, and we'll have to re-write the Articles of Confederation to be the Constitution before we can truly see the system come to life. Let Callahan re-write the mode of play, and the mentality of the people. 'Cause let's face it folks, all of this constant nay saying is not going to help our players, nor our coaches. Every week, even when we win, Callahan feels like he has to defend certain aspects of his coaching in order to appease the hunger Husker fan base. We pride ourselves on being the best fans in College ball, but recently, I haven't seen many fans sticking with OUR team. We are supposed to be the shining example of what makes a college football fan, but all of the negativity lobbed towards Callahan and the rest of the coaches only proves that we are elitists who don't deserve the title of fan. Some people who post on this board who come out and proudly declare themselves fair-weather fans aren't the fans that we should want to represent. I for one do not cheer for the Huskers because of their dominance in past years, I cheer for them because I am a Huskers fan, and always will be. I am proud to say that after attending the KU game and watching some fans start to leave at the start of the fourth quarter, there were many, many more fans that stood by their team even though there was no hope of victory. These are the fans that I think should be represented. These are the fans that matter so much to this program and will ensure that our team will rise again. To those of you who are calling for Callahan's head: you are not going to help your team. This will not bring back power to the Nebraska football tradition. All you will succeed in doing is ensuring that the Nebraska fan base is ridiculed for once again for not being patient enough to see something through to the end. Please, please stop harming your football program, and start finding other things to bash. Try Hollywood, or the Government, just leave college kids who are trying their best out of it. They are more upset that we are playing poorly than you will ever be. Stop rubbing salt into their wounds. Thank you for your time. Let's be prepared for happier times ahead! GO HUSKERS!!!

that's bs.....several of my best friends are ND fans, and that fan base bitched like hell when they were going through their down turn and hiring new coaches, until they got Weis.......they were loyal fans, but they were upset with th direction of their program too.....complaining, wanting a change is not a loyality issue, it is an issue of believing the program and leader is wrong for the team.......christ, if no one cared, DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD BITCH AND COMPLAIN?? hell no!

we all care and are disturbed by what we see and hear from Callahn and his coaches....

hunter

that's bs.....several of my best friends are ND fans, and that fan base bitched like hell when they were going through their down turn and hiring new coaches, until they got Weis.......they were loyal fans, but they were upset with th direction of their program too.....complaining, wanting a change is not a loyality issue, it is an issue of believing the program and leader is wrong for the team.......christ, if no one cared, DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD BITCH AND COMPLAIN?? hell no!

we all care and are disturbed by what we see and hear from Callahn and his coaches....

hunter

Man, I know you care. Hell, the entire board can see you care. The fact that you are posting inflammitory remarks, though, wont. help. s**t. You should realize that. And, oh yeah, calling for the head of one of the only people who truly realizes what is going on is s**t too. Sunday morning QBs have always pissed me off. There is no way someone can claim retrospectivly that they knew what was wrong when. There is always something to look forward to. I just hope you remember that. Yeah, it sucks we lost. I am REALLY upset. I go to KU, and have to deal with the s**t that I am gonna get about this loss for a long time. You know what, though? It is just a game. It is just an enjoyable thing that we love to watch. I'll admit that during the game I get mad. I am mad at the playcalling. I'm mad at the play level. I am mad at the relative calm that it seems Callahan is taking it all in with. But, in the end, I realize that it isn't the end of the world and that a slump in our Husker history was bound to happen at some point. The arguement that "THIS IS NEBRASKA!!!" just doesn't fly. I am going to continue watching the team with the faith in what is happening and what will happen in the future. Sorry, man. But your attitude just isn't gonna solve anything. I suggest you take a seditive and just cool down, man. Peace out bro! GO HUSKERS!!!

Please, please stop harming your football program, and start finding other things to bash. Try Hollywood, or the Government, just leave college kids who are trying their best out of it. They are more upset that we are playing poorly than you will ever be. Stop rubbing salt into their wounds. Thank you for your time. Let's be prepared for happier times ahead! GO HUSKERS!!!

IMO you make a couple good observations, but I disagree with you on some points. I personally am upset, not that we lost, but how and how bad we lost. It is simply unnacceptable to lose to KU (or anyone) by that much. The offense has NOT shown improvement in the last 3 games. You call 138 total yards improvement? The Defense is getting progressively worse. I am not saying that the players are bad, and I am definately not completley blaming them. Once again, where I do place blame is the team being unprepaired physically and mentally. I also blame poor game schemes and innability to adapt. These are COACHING problems.

Are you one of these "if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops" type of people? I love NU, always have and always will. I will never apologize for high expectations, nor will I lower them. I supported Lord and I supported Dailey. I support all of the players that are on the field. It is how they are being used, coached and prepaired that I question. I think criticism lets coaches and players know how important NU football is to Husker Nation, and that we will not take losing lightly. They ALL new the high expectations coming into their positions and should have been prepaired to receive some scrutiny. It comes with the territory. If they do wish to be in the spotlight, they should get off the stage.

For me, I Knew we would have to suffer bumps and bruises, but 70-10, 40-15 this is a decapitation...an embarrassment to fans, ex-players, alumni, and the institution. When and where do people draw the line and say "We will not accept this anymore" ?