Aaron Green... DB?

Yoshi Hardrick tweeted Green to ask if he was playing DB now and Green laughed and said no way. He is still a RB. Heard is the one that has the option to move if he wants. but IMHO I think Rex gets a similar number of snaps this year as he did last year. I think Abdullah is the back up for Rex with Marrow used as the short yardage/change of pace back or fullback for some plays. Cross will either get limited playing time this year or will redshirt. My prediction is that Green/Heard hardly see the field.

Our DB position just got a whole lot better with Seisay replacing Dennard and then a stable of backs to pick from on the opposite side: Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Alonzo Moore, Charles Jackson, Ciante Evans, Corey Cooper, Dijon Washington, Antonio Bell, LeRoy Alexander... SURELY one or two of these guys will click with the system this year. We will have a good safety spot with Stafford holding down one side and either PJ Smith or Courtney Osbourne holding down the other (both have playing experience). We know we have a couple of guys who can play the nickel with (Ciante Evans, and Justin Blachford) if needed.

I think this year we need to go out and get some quality big cornerbacks and safeties to secure the year after this year but all in all we have some guys who can play. With that being said though, I do not see our defense being much different than it was last year. I do not think we have the defense of 2009 this season.. we just do not have the crazy athletic/mentally experienced guys that we had last year.

Good post overall.

If by "last year" you mean the 2010 season where we had Prince, Gomes, and Haag then I agree. But 2011 was the year where replacing 3 guys, who are all now playing in the league, is a tall order to fill for any school.

good programs with strong recruiting don't rely on this tactic, we use it to survive, bad habits hard to break.

This is simply not true. As GrillOnGrill stated, we did this frequently during the heyday of this program, where RBs were recruited, then turned into Linebackers. Heck, Cody Glenn's switch should be recent enough to ring a bell with you. You remember Glenn - LB for the Colts, right?

• Fire 1

i think Bo plays "musical chairs" at positions way too much here........instead of recruiting for positions, we get overloaded or under weight and shuffling and doubt becomes common place......just adds more disruption to building a reliable starting lineup..........i wish he would get over this sh#t!

This has been done (with great success) at NU for years......

Carl Crawford would have come here...Lord would have been an All American DB.

good programs with strong recruiting don't rely on this tactic, we use it to survive, bad habits hard to break.

Prince Amukamara was a RB out of highschool, and switched from an overloaded backfield. I think that turned out ok...

• Fire 2

i think Bo plays "musical chairs" at positions way too much here........instead of recruiting for positions, we get overloaded or under weight and shuffling and doubt becomes common place......just adds more disruption to building a reliable starting lineup..........i wish he would get over this sh#t!

Prince Amukamara was a RB out of highschool, and switched from an overloaded backfield. I think that turned out ok...

+100(even though I can only give you one)

Prince was a rb recruited as a DB........if i remember, he went right to DB his freshman season, i can't recall a snap he took in any game as RB, his first play was on defense.

Prince was a rb recruited as a DB........if i remember, he went right to DB his freshman season, i can't recall a snap he took in any game as RB, his first play was on defense, so he really never swiched positions at all.

Prince was a rb recruited as a DB........if i remember, he went right to DB his freshman season, i can't recall a snap he took in any game as RB, his first play was on defense.

He was moved to DB when Bo was hired.

2007 (Freshman)

Amukamara played for Nebraska as a true freshman, serving in a reserve role in the secondary, while also providing standout special teams play. He did not play in the first three games, but appeared in eight of the final nine games. He totaled four tackles, including two against Kansas State.

(who was he tackling as a RB?)

• Fire 1

2007 (Freshman)

Amukamara played for Nebraska as a true freshman, serving in a reserve role in the secondary, while also providing standout special teams play. He did not play in the first three games, but appeared in eight of the final nine games. He totaled four tackles, including two against Kansas State.

(who was he tackling as a RB?)

Well I was wrong, good find.

Our DB position just got a whole lot better with Seisay replacing Dennard and then a stable of backs to pick from on the opposite side: Andrew Green, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Alonzo Moore, Charles Jackson, Ciante Evans, Corey Cooper, Dijon Washington, Antonio Bell, LeRoy Alexander... SURELY one or two of these guys will click with the system this year. We will have a good safety spot with Stafford holding down one side and either PJ Smith or Courtney Osbourne holding down the other (both have playing experience). We know we have a couple of guys who can play the nickel with (Ciante Evans, and Justin Blachford) if needed.

I can't see how exactly Seisay replacing Dennard makes things better. Yes he played D1 at Memphis, but no one knows how he will adapt to B1G football. Andrew Green will be one starter, it has already "clicked". It's the OTHER corner spot up for grabs Mostly everyone else you listed are kids that have never stepped on the field at the college level. Safety I'll agree with. Nickel should be SJB, perfect size for run support, and speed and hips to run with WRs. Evans is and pretty much always was a one play wonder. He is a weak link that routinely will be abused by solid Offensive Coordinators. BlaTchford should never be on the field in more than a special team compacity.

And Green should be the #2 RB. AA has shown that he has problems holding onto the ball. A couple of fumbles while at RB and muffs on kicks/punts. Green showed plenty of flashes last fall, and spring ball will only help him secure the spot IMO.

If these kids are smart and are asked to play DB I would hope they consider it. If they have dreams of the next level take a look at the number of RB's being taken in the draft. There may be 2 in the first round. The spread is finding its way to the league, more receiver means more DB's.

On a side note watching All Time Bust NFL staring our own LP at #8.