New DB coach

It's official. The worst-kept secret in the land has come to fruition:

Joseph Joins Nebraska Coaching Staff

Nebraska Head Football Coach Bo Pelini has filled the vacancy on his coaching staff by hiring Terry Joseph as the Huskers' new secondary coach.

Joseph comes to Nebraska following two seasons as the defensive backs coach and recruiting coordinator at the University of Tennessee on Coach Derek Dooley's staff. The 38-year-old Joseph has helped the Tennessee defense rank among the nation's top pass defenses each of the past two seasons.

"Coming to a place like Nebraska was a great opportunity for me," Joseph said. "And then to throw in the chance to work with Bo again, it was the perfect fit. I am excited to get to work with our players and other coaches as we start spring ball and get prepared for the season."

It's official!

Joseph Joins Nebraska Coaching Staff

Another interesting tidbit about Joseph in bold:

Joseph earned his bachelor's degree from Northwestern State in 1996. He was a baseball standout at the school, and is one of only 12 players in Southland Conference history to earn first-team all-conference honors three straight seasons. Joseph was the conference player of the year in 1995, when he was coached by former Nebraska baseball coach Dave Van Horn. A two-time Academic All-American with the Demons, Joseph owned 10 school records when he completed his collegiate baseball career.
  • Fire 1

this guy sounds like a real steal. he sounds like the final pice of the puzzle pelini was looking for not saying raymond was not it but from the sounds of it he was not going to stay long anyways. i hope he is here for a long hual. i am looking forward to see what type of guys he brings in from the south recruiting wise. he sound like he can read talent like an open book.

:espnsucks:

When Corey Raymond left Nebraska for LSU, it made ESPN news.

But when Terry Joseph left Tennesse for Nebraska, ESPN is quiet.

I say, when Nebraska wins the Big Ten championship this year, we should all send a big bag of cow crap to ESPN.

when the day comes we are consistently in the top 5, they'll discuss us. as long as we are barely breaking into the top 25, we are no more relevant than Baylor or whatever other teams find themselves in the bottom of the rankings. hard to swallow for many Husker fans I'm sure...but it's been a long long time since we were any better than middle-tier.

when the day comes we are consistently in the top 5, they'll discuss us. as long as we are barely breaking into the top 25, we are no more relevant than Baylor or whatever other teams find themselves in the bottom of the rankings. hard to swallow for many Husker fans I'm sure...but it's been a long long time since we were any better than middle-tier.

It's not even about that.

It's whenever Huskers have something negative happen, it makes ESPN.

But if it is something positive, it gets ignored.