New DB coach

Good to see a guy with ties to the SEC.. If GA was his area that could be huge... From the AJC this week..

The state of Georgia produces around 175-185 D1 football signees on an annual basis. Out-of-state schools such as Alabama and South Carolina are making concentrated efforts to raid Georgia,

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03/02/uga-gears-up-to-entertain-top-juniors-for-v-i-d-day-very-important-dawg/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Ahhhhhhh! Positive thinking pays off! Now I can officially say, 'Welcome to Nebraska Mr. Joseph!! We hope you'll be here for a very long time! GBR!!'

Whoa whoa whoa....I like positive thinking and all, but let's see how well this guy can do his job before we go asking him to stick around for 20 years. Welcome to Nebraska Mr. Joseph. Our secondary has more talent than most will give credit for, I hope you do what is necessary to show that talent on the field. Please do it in a short time period.

Nah! Just need more positive thinking that he is really good at what he does AND is going to make a huge difference for our players! ;)

Here are the recruits Rivals lists as having Joseph the top recruiter from this year (many recruits did not have a name next to them):

three-star CB Daniel Gray (who we offered, recruited by CR )

four-star DT Daniel McCullers

four-star S LaDarrell McNeil (who we offered, recruited by CR)

three-star DE Darrington Sentimore

In the previous recruiting cycle his name is listed next to three four-star players players, no one else.

His last year at LaTech he recruited 6 of the 8 three-star players the school signed, and an additional two two-star players.

Raymond was listed as co-recruiter for four-star Alonzo Moore and as the lead for four-star Seisay (but I believe that was attributed to Carl when Mo verballed).

Take it all for what's its worth. Just sharing some info.

Siesey can basically be chalked up to CCR not Carl.

We got Seisay because of Creedence Clearwater Revival?

Jason Peter doesn't like the new hire.

“@jasonpeter: time will tell but scratching my head how Joseph is better hire then Mike Minter?Cause he was at LSU for a yr? Why leave Tenn 4 same job?â€

(null)

I understand why he was rooting for Minter, but he's not too bright if he really doesn't see why Joseph was the better hire.

There's little concrete proof that either Minter or Joseph would/will be good here. We can hope, but you could almost flip a coin.

I suppose there's hardly ever any concrete proof that a guy is going to get the job done anywhere. But I don't see how Minter's resume stacks up to Joseph's. Joseph's group definately did good things in 2010, in the toughest conference in college football. Minter has never even coached at the D1 level. Joseph is a proven recruiter, was recruiting coordinator at both D1 gigs he's had, and Rival's named him the #4 non-BCS recruiter when he was at LA Tech. With Minter, again, there's just nothing to go on.

Compare Joseph to his predecessor at Tennessee and you see that his numbers dropped. Likely that has more to do with coaching turnover and the way that happened (Kiffin being a twit, and all), but there was definitely a step back. Is that because they didn't have good athletes, because Joseph wasn't able to coach the kids up, or some other factor? I have no idea, and I'm not casting that at Joseph's feet, but it bears noting. His resume is fine, but it's not spotless. It's better than Minter's, but neither resume is great.

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude. I'm cool with this hire. I have no reason not to be. We'll see how it goes.

Compare Joseph to his predecessor at Tennessee and you see that his numbers dropped. Likely that has more to do with coaching turnover and the way that happened (Kiffin being a twit, and all), but there was definitely a step back. Is that because they didn't have good athletes, because Joseph wasn't able to coach the kids up, or some other factor? I have no idea, and I'm not casting that at Joseph's feet, but it bears noting. His resume is fine, but it's not spotless. It's better than Minter's, but neither resume is great.

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude. I'm cool with this hire. I have no reason not to be. We'll see how it goes.

Wouldn't Mike Minter need a resume in the first place for it to be in the same stratosphere as Joseph's?

Jason Peter doesn't like the new hire.

“@jasonpeter: time will tell but scratching my head how Joseph is better hire then Mike Minter?Cause he was at LSU for a yr? Why leave Tenn 4 same job?â€

(null)

Surprise, surprise.

1. Is Jason ever happy at things at NU

2. When will JP figure out that a lot of NU fans really aren't impressed with his assessments....

3. It appears that with JP, anything that doesn't revolve around the mid-90's, then it's not good.

4. I will catch crap, but really don't care...said it before.... I appreciate everything he did while playing....not sure he played with integrity, and I appreciate the fact that he has fought through his addictions....but I just plain think his character is not good. I really have NO use for his analysis.

• Fire 2