ESPN top 25 postseason B1G players.

At long last, the Big Ten postseason Top 25 player countdown has reached the final five names. In case you've been in a cave for the past few weeks -- or just don't read carefully -- we'd like to remind you that this list is based on 2011 performance and impact on a given team, and not any other factors like NFL potential.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/45990/big-ten-rankings-no-5-david-molk

They are Counting down from 25 and are currently at no. 5.

So far(and most likely the only skers):

No. 12 Alfonzo Dennard

No. 10 Rex Burkhead

No. 6 Lavonte David

I'd put Michigan's Toussaint higher than 25th. The Wolverines were able to do what they do because they could actually run the ball.

i credit a lot of his success to Dennard though. Just like I give some of the credit to Martinez for Helu's (not to take anything away from him) monster performances in 2010.

Helu's Missouri moment came after Martinez has just lit up Oklahoma State, and went off for 240+ against K-State a couple weeks prior. He dominated Washington, after huge games against Western Kentucky and Idaho. Missouri was keyed on him all game, and it cost them because Helu capitalized. Tousssaint has even more of an advantage back there with an even more dominant run threat under center.

If Martinez returns to even 75% of the run threat he was during that first half of 2010, Rex is going to have a HUGE year (and i'll give some of that credit to Martinez as well).

No. 1: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

No. 2: Devon Still, DT, Penn State

No. 3: Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin

No. 4: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

No. 5: David Molk, C, Michigan

No. 6: Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska

No. 7: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State

No. 8: Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa

No. 9: Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State

No. 10: Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska

No. 11: Mike Martin, DT, Michigan

No. 12: Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

No. 13: Riley Reiff, LT, Iowa

No. 14: B.J. Cunningham, WR, Michigan State

No. 15: John Simon, DL, Ohio State

No. 16: Denard Robinson, QB, Michigan

No. 17: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

No. 18: A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois

No. 19: Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State

No. 20: Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin

No. 21: Marcus Coker, RB, Iowa

No. 22: Silas Redd, RB, Penn State

No. 23: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

No. 24: Mike Taylor, LB, Wisconsin

No. 25: Fitz Toussaint, RB, Michigan

LINK

"William Leib (MCAS Miramar, CA (Maize n Blue at heart)): Hi Brian, I just wanted to know who your top 5 B1G players would be going into next year. I am sure Montee Ball will be in there, but I was curious who else. I'm a little biased, but I think that if Denard could cut his interceptions by at least half, if not more, he would definitely be a top 5 canidate. Anyway thanks for all of your hard work.

Brian Bennett: We haven't started talking about it yet, but something weird would have to happen for Montee Ball not to be No. 1. Rex Burkhead has a great chance to be in there as well. I like Denard, but Adam was much lower on him this year, so that will be an interesting debate once again. Most of our Top 25 players were seniors, so there are plenty of openings."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/46607/big-ten-monday-chat-wrap-7