What will change, hopefully change, or stay the same with the 2012 offense?

You want the other team to have better pass rush and blitz our offense more on 3rd down?

My comments were for what I wanted to see out of the Huskers, both offense and defense.

I'd also like to see more play-action passing out of the I-Formation. I can't figure why Beck didn't utilize that more given how much we run the ball.

There were several games where our tendencies hurt us. So we need to have a better mix of counters off of some of our plays to keep the defense honest. I thought we did okay with play action, but there are run counters that I think we could do as well.

I would like to see less play calling from the sideline. From an NCAA standpoint I think they should outlaw this. Once they wind the clock the players should be on their own until the whistle blows, the only thing the coaches should be able to do is call time out.

More subbing in games for player development. QB,RB,OL,WR all had players that I think could of got more time.

I prefer an offense with a strong run game, so I'd like to see anywhere between 60-40 and 70-30 run/pass ratio.

i believe we were 68-32 run pass in 2011....Beck has stated he wants to be 50/50 this season......probably a lot of short stuff, not sure how that will play.

Yah, I saw that. Wasn't thrilled, but you have a point in that short stuff can be like a handoff. I guess as long as we remain physical and aggressive and don't get in long yardage situations then it doesn't matter how you do it, although I think it's hardier to wear teams down with any type of passing game. I liked our ration last year. I would of prefer them not to run Rex quite as much but I thought when they concentrated on the run and stayed in front of the chains we did better. I think play action helps Tmart. If they go 50/50 we will probably see less of what I like.

it bothers me that Beck didn't use play action last year very much, not sure if Tayor executes it very well or even if he is comfortable running it....guess we will find out.

I want to see our defense blitz. I want to see our defense come out of no where and BAM! the guy is down. That's one thing I miss. Back in the day the other team knew it had played Nebraska! We wore them out!! The quarterback would back up to throw and in the next instant he was eating grass! Or a receiver would catch the ball and out of no where one of our defensive guys would hit him so hard he coughed up the ball and we would intercept then run in for a defensive touchdown. I want to see a physical defense that can stand up to anything for ALL 4 QUARTERS.

I'm hoping that we're more aggressive this season. Maybe if our secondary play improves we'll see more risk taking.

Ditto. I miss that aggressiveness. Do you think that comes from indecision? And if so...on the player's part or the coach's part? This past year it felt at times that the players didn't know what to do or half of them did and the other half did so it was very unbalanced. It made you wonder, what play was originally sent in and was everyone on the same page? But there were also times when they played really well and you just prayed that they would play that way for the rest of the year. I think that was the most frustrating issue for me.

More of that belly g play

Offensive line needs to be much stronger this year

Do you all remember when Urban Meyer was commentating and he saw us use the 'belly g' play? Then he went on and talked about how much he liked it. I wonder if he will try it this year against us AND can we defend it if he does?

I want to see our defense blitz. I want to see our defense come out of no where and BAM! the guy is down. That's one thing I miss. Back in the day the other team knew it had played Nebraska! We wore them out!! The quarterback would back up to throw and in the next instant he was eating grass! Or a receiver would catch the ball and out of no where one of our defensive guys would hit him so hard he coughed up the ball and we would intercept then run in for a defensive touchdown. I want to see a physical defense that can stand up to anything for ALL 4 QUARTERS.

I'm hoping that we're more aggressive this season. Maybe if our secondary play improves we'll see more risk taking.

Ditto. I miss that aggressiveness. Do you think that comes from indecision? And if so...on the player's part or the coach's part? This past year it felt at times that the players didn't know what to do or half of them did and the other half did so it was very unbalanced. It made you wonder, what play was originally sent in and was everyone on the same page? But there were also times when they played really well and you just prayed that they would play that way for the rest of the year. I think that was the most frustrating issue for me.

For me I'd have to say it was more on the coaches not wanting to expose our young secondary, although we still gave up many big plays. Looking at many games, especially the early ones, you could tell our secondary was lost for the most part, i.e. biting on double moves, allowing receivers the inside position to a post route or safeties allowing routes to get behind them. Many examples that I could use, but in my opinion I noticed the limited bitzing after the Wiscy game.

MORE FOCUS!!! Without this one thing, it doesn't matter what offense we use. The guys need to keep their head in the game!!!!

This right here...It should also include the coaches. Hopefully Beck sticks with what is working during the game and not go away from it. He seemed to do that a few times last year, especially when we were down.

• Fire 1

MORE FOCUS!!! Without this one thing, it doesn't matter what offense we use. The guys need to keep their head in the game!!!!

This right here...It should also include the coaches. Hopefully Beck sticks with what is working during the game and not go away from it. He seemed to do that a few times last year, especially when we were down.

If anything, I really hope our guys can play with more poise and discipline. Playing cleaner will cure a lot of our ills.

• Fire 1

he still had a little "Watson" left on him, hopefully he got that all washed off over the winter.

he still had a little "Watson" left on him, hopefully he got that all washed off over the winter.

I would agree with that...The one thing I do like is that he is creative and is willing to try things, just needs to keep trying the things that work.

To clarify that last statement, I was including the coaches as well, the play calling at crucial times is poor at best.

Pelini's no offensive guru, and Beck's no tenured coordinator. Whether Beck was the right man for the job is irrelevant, because he's who we have. I personally believe he has a lot of potential. I'm not willing to criticize him extensively yet because it was his first year.

To clarify that last statement, I was including the coaches as well, the play calling at crucial times is poor at best.

Pelini's no offensive guru, and Beck's no tenured coordinator. Whether Beck was the right man for the job is irrelevant, because he's who we have. I personally believe he has a lot of potential. I'm not willing to criticize him extensively yet because it was his first year.

Why would you criticize him extensively anyways? We fielded a good product on the offensive side of the ball last year. Elite? No. Great? At times. Good? You bet your butt - our offense was good.