Cal Bears Vs. Fighting Erstads

Effort doesn't erase the L, but they showed good fight today. 11-8 Bears final.

I went to the game today, they did show good fight, but it was clear from the first inning who the better team was. Every time Cal got a hit, it was a BLAST. Most of our hits were nubbers.

Maybe we need to be the scrappy team in order to win, but I think today's comeback was the best chance we had for getting a win this weekend. We could very easily get swept.

i was at the game. other than the dubious 3rd inning where we gave up 5 runs we played ok. it seemed like almost every inning the bears got their first guy on. they were smoking the ball too. thankfully to our guys a lot of the time. but they were gapping several balls and a couple off the fence. great comeback by the skers in the latter innings. they showed fight but giving up 5 runs in the 3rd with 2 outs is a major no no. giving up 20 hits in a game is also a big no no. although we got 14.

Gumbercules, I'll disagree with today being their best chance. The faced Cal's Ace and All American (at least that's what radio said once, dunno if its correct) Closer. Obviously the ace is done for the series, but the closer could also be as he threw 70+ pitches. This team needs to find consistent pitching, seems like each weekend it's a different guy that comes on and is just gawd-awful.

Thanks Havoc.

I am right about Nebraska tying it up 8-8 in the bottom of the 9th with the winning run on second w/one out, yes? :)

Actually, I'm not--we had two out, and we hit one right back to the pitcher--we're in extra innings against Cal. :)

Lol sorry, didn't mean to come off like it came off. I was a little frustrated after watching it.. Left em loaded hurt, and without a good attempt.

Effort doesn't erase the L, but they showed good fight today. 11-8 Bears final.

I went to the game today, they did show good fight, but it was clear from the first inning who the better team was. Every time Cal got a hit, it was a BLAST. Most of our hits were nubbers.

Maybe we need to be the scrappy team in order to win, but I think today's comeback was the best chance we had for getting a win this weekend. We could very easily get swept.

tumblr_ll7y61RBKd1qj9qhto1_500.gif?.jpg