Cal Bears Vs. Fighting Erstads

It was good to hear that while Darin seemed to be happy about the win, he wasn't satisfied with the way they played in the sense that he wants to see them improve in the start of games. I didn't realize it til he said it, but out of the six games in the homestand, five of six the other team scored first and had us playing catchup. Not what he wants to see, even though he was pleased with individual efforts and seemed to be pleased to take 2 of 4 from Cali. It's that type of fighting spirit we seem to have been lacking. Heard him say the other day in postgame that he wants to deliver the first punch and the last punch. Can't wait to see this team at the end of the season and after he's had guys that have had a couple years under this coaching staff. I think it will be amazing to watch the development!

It was good to hear that while Darin seemed to be happy about the win, he wasn't satisfied with the way they played in the sense that he wants to see them improve in the start of games. I didn't realize it til he said it, but out of the six games in the homestand, five of six the other team scored first and had us playing catchup. Not what he wants to see, even though he was pleased with individual efforts and seemed to be pleased to take 2 of 4 from Cali. It's that type of fighting spirit we seem to have been lacking. Heard him say the other day in postgame that he wants to deliver the first punch and the last punch. Can't wait to see this team at the end of the season and after he's had guys that have had a couple years under this coaching staff. I think it will be amazing to watch the development!

Absolutely. That's a great thing to point out. I like the way Darin has this team playing early. That first and last punch example is the kind of stuff that I like to hear. Hopefully they can show some consistency and keep that "never give up" demeanor this season.

Absolutely. That's a great thing to point out. I like the way Darin has this team playing early. That first and last punch example is the kind of stuff that I like to hear. Hopefully they can show some consistency and keep that "never give up" demeanor this season.

I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment. Although i like the fact that in this series the guys can come away knowing that no matter the situation, it isnt over till its over, and they should have the confidence to know that they can make a come back if needed at anytime against anyone.

I'm satisfied with a split, all things considered. The boys are still learning how to be a team under new leadership. This will take time, but I get a sense that this team is quickly taking on that gritty, fighting identity of their coaching staff. Once they figure out how to tap into their full potential on a consistent basis across the board, this team has a chance to compete with anybody in the country.

Cal's coach was impressed with us:

#Cal head coach David Equer says the #Nebraska #Huskers are definitely a regional team in his opinion.

LINK

D.E. has used a ton of lineups these first few weeks and I applaud that approach in trying to figure out his entire team's strengths and weaknesses. Plus, it keeps everyone motivated.

I wonder if he will pare down the experiments and settle on more semi-permanent positions and order once conference starts in 11 days.....?

What has surprised me the most about this team are the HR's. That is probably a tribute to the off season work they did. Now is it mostly due to lifting or is some of it swing work? I imagine the modified bat rules helps as well. Happy with the batting of some of the new players. Team needs to keep improving & stay focused. Also great question Comish. At this point I am of the mind that they should just keep doing what they are doing.

There is some quality depth on this team. Seems like 14 position guys could be in the lineup any day and performance and production stay strong. Gotta love that. Looks as if four guys are fighting for the weekend starts. And Huber is settling into the closer role very nicely. Look forward to following the team heading into the conference slate.