TO 3:30 pressor about Basketball..

Lance Jeter has it right.No loyalty in college sports.Sad day.

Maybe Lance Jeter should have played al whole lot better and won some games and put the program on the map. Then maybe Doc would still have a Job.

Lance Jeter was a solid player for us. IMO he was better than Spencer. Maybe not as a scorer, but he made the guys around him better just by being out there.

Shows a lot of character by Lance Jeter blaming everybody else for the team and Doc's failures. There is only one reason this happened to Doc. The team failed. Plain and simple. Now whether the team failed because of the coach, or because of the players, it doesn't matter. The head coach is always the scapegoat for these long term failures. Look in the mirror and man up Lance. What's done is done. If you didn't see this coming, then you were the only one. If you wanted to stop it, then you and your teammates should have done everything you could to stop it. It didn't appear you and the team were doing your best, and if what you showed us was your best, well then that just plain wasn't good enough. Surely not good enough to keep your head coach in his position.

Wish it could have worked out better for Doc. Wish he could have found a few big time players to put their faith in the University. Most big time guys don't want to just play great defense though. They want to score points too. There was no foundation to show that would happen here. All involved say Doc was a hell of a guy though, and he sure seemed like he had passion and grit. He'll bounce back somewhere.

• Fire 1

Shows a lot of character by Lance Jeter blaming everybody else for the team and Doc's failures. There is only one reason this happened to Doc. The team failed. Plain and simple. Now whether the team failed because of the coach, or because of the players, it doesn't matter. The head coach is always the scapegoat for these long term failures. Look in the mirror and man up Lance. What's done is done. If you didn't see this coming, then you were the only one. If you wanted to stop it, then you and your teammates should have done everything you could to stop it. It didn't appear you and the team were doing your best, and if what you showed us was your best, well then that just plain wasn't good enough. Surely not good enough to keep your head coach in his position.

Wish it could have worked out better for Doc. Wish he could have found a few big time players to put their faith in the University. Most big time guys don't want to just play great defense though. They want to score points too. There was no foundation to show that would happen here. All involved say Doc was a hell of a guy though, and he sure seemed like he had passion and grit. He'll bounce back somewhere.

Well Stated :thumbs

Yes, I was one of the so-called message board members (as Jeter put it), that could see this coming and was calling for this to happen..... I have said all along that I LIKE Doc... He is a great man, he has done NOTHING to bring disgrace to NU, he is fun to listen to, and he is energetic.... You can't ask for more in a coach

BUT, this is big time college athletics and it is a business. It comes down to the almighty $$$$, which is tied directly to wins and support. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for Doc here at NU.... He will land on his feet quickly and hope he is successful. He did bleed Red and White, and it was hard to watch presser....

Now, this was a move that had to be done, and it doesn't have much to do with LOYALTY. After 6 years with not much if anything to show for it..... the most loyal fan will begin to question the direction of program. TO had no choice.

Lance's heart is in the right place, but if there weren't fans on message boards (and just in general) getting upset, then he would have never been played at NU because we would have an 85 year old coach winning one game a year in front of 100 people in a run down sh*t hole. Angry fans and/or the fear of them is what pushes programs to excellence. You think if Alabama fans didn't care about Ls and Ws they would be the powerhouse they are in football? No.

I couldn't have been more happy to hear that Doc got fired today. It's what is best for the program. At the same time, I really feel for Doc. That press conference today showed that nobody wanted to see success with Nebraska's bball program more then Doc did. It simply didn't happen. I wish nothing but the best for Doc in his future endeavors.

Just watched the 4 an a half minute clip of Doc's press coverage and it was very depressing and hard for me to watch him do that press coverage. He loves Nebraska and the University with all of this heart and wanted to succeed at Nebraska but it never happened and thats a bummer. You could tell from that press coverage that Doc wanted to be something very special at Nebraska like what Osborne has done as a coach with the Football program and you could tell that Doc wanted to do that with the Basketball program.

I can see why it was so hard for Osborne to let Doc go because Doc sounds like a great humble person but things just didn't work out with him. I wish him the best in what he does because he's a nice guy that deserves great things but again this is whats best for Nebraska and the University.

I want to show appreciation to all Huskers in this thread-as well as I-that are taking the initiative to thank Doc and wish him well in the future, even the ones who also notated theyre glad he's has been released. What happened today with his emotions was really tough to swallow. But as has been said before, it is a business, and no understands the complexities of that fact more than him. I want to personally thank Doc for running a super clean program, busting his ass to try to get everything he possibly could accomplished, and for overall representing the university in a classy manner. It's just sad it couldnt've worked out for all of us. I have a relieved feeling right now, because it was really difficult watching him this year go through what the team had to endure.

I hate how people get on their soap box when something like this happens. You see a lot when celebrities die, specifically, celebrities with checkered pasts. Nobody gave a damn about Whitney Houston for the last several years, but then she dies and people suddenly give a damn.

Or, how people vilified Paterno for the mistakes he made. If a man as 'good' as Paterno can make such a huge mistake, who are any of us to say (without any doubt) that we would have done something different? I don't think we can.

Same thing here. Although I'm sad to see any person lose their job, the truth of the situation is simple. Sadler's teams were never consistent, they got dominated this year and things have not been progressive. Maybe the players were to blame more than Sadler, but everything ultimately rests on the head coach. If his players aren't getting it done it's a reflection on him, thus he either gets to stay or has to go.