OFFICIAL Possible Basketball Coaches Thread

Just got an email back. It sounds like he's here for a hire and they are working to bring Coleman too but he's not 100% yet but "likely" to join Miles. Regarding Groce "he's holding out for something bigger than Nebraska. The offer is there and he'll likely take it. He doesn't want the NU job now."

Thanks. This makes sense.

Dont know if anyone follows BR at the LJS but I'm having fun reading him. He's at the airport now. The plain headed back to Ft. Collins is gassed up and they just moved it to a hanger and are now papering the windows so he can't see whats going on. I would guess that means Miles is headed home and they will drive him to the airport into the hanger and he'll board and leave. I don't know why they'd have to do all of that.

Just got an email back. It sounds like he's here for a hire and they are working to bring Coleman too but he's not 100% yet but "likely" to join Miles. Regarding Groce "he's holding out for something bigger than Nebraska. The offer is there and he'll likely take it. He doesn't want the NU job now."

If the Groce info is accurate as you present it.........I would definitely cool on Groce. I do think it's extreemly important the new guy WANTS to be HERE and not immediately looking for something better if he "settles"for NU.

If these guys cannot see the virtually unlimited potential to make a career mark on this program, then maybe they don't have the vision we need.

If the Groce info is accurate as you present it.........I would definitely cool on Groce. I do think it's extreemly important the new guy WANTS to be HERE and not immediately looking for something better if he "settles"for NU.

If these guys cannot see the virtually unlimited potential to make a career mark on this program, then maybe they don't have the vision we need.

Agree. Doc had that same vision. Too bad it didn't didn't work out of him. If Miles is 80% as into Nebraska as Doc was I'll be happy and it will make it easy to get behind him. Sounds like he's very media savvy, humble and popular in the communities he's lived and coached in.

Exactly. If you can get somebody here that has the same kind of desire for Nebraska as Nee and Doc, and can bring just that little bit extra, we could have something pretty special. That, and because he's from the area, so to speak, you may have someone that may also just be willing to commit to the long-term to the school too, if he shows that kind of success. There were very few I would have been entirely unhappy with, but this actually gets me jazzed a bit. Sounds like someone that has a lot of potential coming into the program.

Wow... while it hasn't been on the big levels, this guy has turned programs around at each stop. Took SW Minnesota to the Elite Eight of DII, transitioned NDSU into DI, and went 20-8 his last year there in their transitioning period, and turned CSU from only winning 7 and 9 games his first two years to a second round tournament team this year. Not a bad resume, to my way of thinking. Only knock by some will be the lack of major conference basketball experience. Have to see, but his background has some nice promise to it.