OFFICIAL Possible Basketball Coaches Thread

Hope he is in town just to interview. I just can't see them making a move before the Tourney is getting closer to being over so they get a chance to interview everyone or at least speak seriously with everyone and have them say no.

I just don't know what is up with college basketball where you have a school willing to put in money, has or is building the facilities and still no one is willing to come here. Maybe college basketball recruiting is dirtier than I originally thought.

There is no question in my mind that with the right guy we can be more successful than we have been but settling for plan B guys is not the answer. We need to find the right guy. I don't claim to know much about the search and maybe Miles is the right guy to lead us to Tourney wins and the like but we have a window right now to get this thing going we really need to find the guy to get it done!

The timing of Miles' visit makes sense. He's currently out of the tourney, so he has time to squeeze in an interview, check out the town, facilities, meet the potential bosses, etc. I interpret this interview to mean he is one of the leaders in the clubhouse until further notice. I'm guessing they're bringing in their short list candidates when it's feasible for them to get here for an interview. Groce is potentially another target we're interested in. Depending on if it's mutual, then he'll get a shot like everyone else once his season is finished. I'm thinking T.O. is starting the on-campus interview process from his short list candidates who have mutual interest. My guess is we'll have our new coach sometime next week. Miles just happens to be the first on-campus interview to kick things off.

Here's the bio of Miles' top Assistant with Chicago AAU ties.

man im beginning to like Miles more and more, do you think he'd bring his assistant along with him? he did a complete 360 to the CSU program in one year, imagine what he could do if he got some big name recruits, and whats a better place to snatch talent than Chicago, i might jump on this guys bandwagon

Here's the bio of Miles' top Assistant with Chicago AAU ties.

man im beginning to like Miles more and more, do you think he'd bring his assistant along with him? he did a complete 360 to the CSU program in one year, imagine what he could do if he got some big name recruits, and whats a better place to snatch talent than Chicago, i might jump on this guys bandwagon

My guess is Miles would bring him along since he'd be recruiting and coaching in familiar territory. Of course this assumes Coleman wants to continue working under Miles?

This is honestly pretty surprising. He's already interviewed last week so if he's here now its probably not for another one. I'm a little concerned too unless he just blew them away so much in the interview they don't intend to speak with Groce or Dixon.

So you think this is it? No more candidates coming in for on-campus interviews?

This is honestly pretty surprising. He's already interviewed last week so if he's here now its probably not for another one. I'm a little concerned too unless he just blew them away so much in the interview they don't intend to speak with Groce or Dixon.

So you think this is it? No more candidates coming in for on-campus interview?

No Clue. Last night everyone thought the search would be over middle of next week after we had officials with Groce and Dixion. Both had been contacted via 3rd parties and seemed to be interested. As I said with Dixon I didn't think he'd probably be here because we were going to have to pay too much. Groce had told them pre-NCAA he was very interested and I know later he said he wasn't as excited as at first but wanted to talk after the season. Sounds like they wanted to see all the offers out there for him. Perhaps we were going to be his plan B. I don't know as we didn't ever talk to him that anyone is aware of. I know our second search firm had us going different places out of Atlanta. Maybe they flew up there in the last day or two but I doubt it. I know one thing that came out this morning was a comment that said we want a guy who wants to be at Nebraska. I think we'll end up with someone like that. I took that to mean Dixon was only looking at money and that Groce wanted to see what we had to offer because he thought it was a good job. I know Jeter and Miles were two of about 6-8 who called us to seek out the opening. Perhaps that was the meaning behind that statement. However.. .there was zero indication that they were set to hire someone today or in the next two or three days.

I know they liked his interview. It could be a "this is our progress" type of thing but I doubt it. I'm fine with the hire if we did contact Groce and Dixon. If not. . .well. ...

Just got an email back. It sounds like he's here for a hire and they are working to bring Coleman too but he's not 100% yet but "likely" to join Miles. Regarding Groce "he's holding out for something bigger than Nebraska. The offer is there and he'll likely take it. He doesn't want the NU job now."

Gotta say I'm as surprised as

So you think this is it? No more candidates coming in for on-campus interview?

No Clue. Last night everyone thought the search would be over middle of next week after we had officials with Groce and Dixion. Both had been contacted via 3rd parties and seemed to be interested. As I said with Dixon I didn't think he'd probably be here because we were going to have to pay too much. Groce had told them pre-NCAA he was very interested and I know later he said he wasn't as excited as at first but wanted to talk after the season. Sounds like they wanted to see all the offers out there for him. Perhaps we were going to be his plan B. I don't know as we didn't ever talk to him that anyone is aware of. I know our second search firm had us going different places out of Atlanta. Maybe they flew up there in the last day or two but I doubt it. I know one thing that came out this morning was a comment that said we want a guy who wants to be at Nebraska. I think we'll end up with someone like that. I took that to mean Dixon was only looking at money and that Groce wanted to see what we had to offer because he thought it was a good job. I know Jeter and Miles were two of about 6-8 who called us to seek out the opening. Perhaps that was the meaning behind that statement. However.. .there was zero indication that they were set to hire someone today or in the next two or three days.

I know they liked his interview. It could be a "this is our progress" type of thing but I doubt it. I'm fine with the hire if we did contact Groce and Dixon. If not. . .well. ...

Interesting. Just goes to show how fluid this situation can be, huh? I'm cool with the hire, mainly because I'm not privy to how the whole process played out. I'm content with being a fan and trusting the men in charge of hiring. I'll support whoever they get and hope it all works out.