Nexus

Player: Shelton Gibson

Hometown: Cleveland Heights, OH

School: Cleveland Heights

Position: WR

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 175

40 time: 4.48

Offers: Auburn, Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina State, Nebraska, Bowling Green, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Illinois

0Pym7.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

• 9 months later...

Visited WVU on 11/30

Plans to visit N.C State this weekend, Ohio State on 1/11/13, and Nebraska on 1/18/13.

He's down to 6, TOSU, N.C State, Nebraska, WVU, Louisville, and Kentucky.

"Coaching, who the head coach is, the graduation rate and APR [Academic Progress Rate], who throws the ball and early playing time."

His thoughts on where he will decide and why.

Only dropped 1 pass this year. Impressive.

we are really after a slot reciever as our 3rd reciever. Beck visited Jeff Badet who just decommitted from USF, and Fischer is going to visit him this week. We were looking at someone else as well, but i cant remember who it was. I forgot about this kid, would be a great pickup.

Edit; I think we just offered James Clark as well. Runs a 10.4 100

Doesn't look extremely fast (as far as top end speed) on film, but looks pretty shifty.

We have developed quite the connection with Ohio recruits. Apparently it pays off to have 98% of your coaches be from Ohio.

He did run a 4.42.

That's obviously not saying everything, but he's pretty quick.

What do you guys think this means with our other WR targets? Stringfellow gone? I thought Walker was basically "N". Is Dixon most likely not in picture anymore or on D-side? Or we have a big enough class to get some of these extra guys?

Just curious what these new offers mean?

Stringfellow has been gone for a while. Walker is most likely N. Dixon I thought was leaning N, but who knows how a kids mind works nowadays, or if we just have someone higher on the board than him.

New offers mean we found new guys we like/missed out on some/don't feel like they'd fit, etc. Some are just under the radar guys as well.

And if this guy cares about who is throwing and early playing time... I can't imagine he wants Braxton throwing to him..and our WR isn't exactly thin... But, who knows. Piecing that little snippet together sounds like Louisville should be up there, with teddy B.

oooh man this kid looks speedy and shifty. He very much looks like JT. Would be a great get for the class. Went to the AA bowl, so I'm pretty convinced he could make some plays in our offense. If Ohio State nabs him, this kid could end up being a pain in the butt for our secondary if we meet Ohio State in a CCG down the road. I don't think we play them for another four years now.

What do you guys think this means with our other WR targets? Stringfellow gone? I thought Walker was basically "N". Is Dixon most likely not in picture anymore or on D-side? Or we have a big enough class to get some of these extra guys?

Just curious what these new offers mean?

We want 3 WR and we are actively looking for a slot reciever. James Clark just got an offer as well, and is a name to keep an eye on.